The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Christian Leaders play anti-Israel political games in Jerusalem > Comments

Christian Leaders play anti-Israel political games in Jerusalem : Comments

By David Singer, published 30/12/2021

Certainly Israel should meet with these Christian Leaders to address and allay their concerns in relation to threats to the Christian community in Jerusalem.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Dear David,

«Go and join your fellow anonymous Jew-haters»

I can understand why this would suit your agenda, I even begin to suspect that this was your real motive for posting your articles here on OLO all along since 2008 - to facilitate the hatred of Jews by giving us the [false] impression that all Jews were like yourself.

Nevertheless I must disappoint you: I do not hate Jews and have no inclination or interest in doing so.

I happily and proudly support Israel and the 50% of its citizens who would like to see Israel terminating its self-harmful occupation of those territories it took over in 1967.

I want Israel to have a glorious future, within its original and most legitimate territory. I would also be happy for other (non-Israeli) Jews who so wish, to take over the territories in question, following Israel's withdrawal, and form there as many Jewish states as they like.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 5 January 2022 2:57:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#Yuyutsu

You speak with forked tongue.

You have previously stated:
"I see that you refuse to recognise Israel as an independent country that stands on its own and acts solely on the will of its citizens, who owe nothing to any other bodies - Jewish or international, either current or historical."

You statement clearly indicates that you do not agree that Israel is the Jewish National Home and that recognition was given to the historical connection of the Jewish People with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country by the League of Nations and confirmed by the United Nations.

Jews from around the world are free to return and resettle in their homeland without restriction.

Claiming that Israel is not the Jewish National Home is a clear manifestation of Jew-hatred
Posted by david singer, Thursday, 6 January 2022 8:13:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#Steele Redux

I have asked you this question three times:
"1. Why did you deliberately fail to quote the immediately preceding paragraph of the Christian Leaders statement that I drew to your attention acknowledging with gratitude the declared commitment of the Israeli government to uphold a safe and secure home for Christians in the Holy Land and to preserve the Christian community as an integral part of the tapestry of the local community?"

You have finally answered:
"I already answered your first question so go read it."

Please tell me what your answer was and where I can read it.
Posted by david singer, Thursday, 6 January 2022 8:43:43 PM
Dear David,

«You statement clearly indicates that you do not agree that Israel is the Jewish National Home»

Indeed. How would you feel if some stranger came and demanded the keys to your nice house which you worked hard to build and even risked your life and limb for, claiming that they [who contributed nothing] should share it equally with you?

«and that recognition was given to the historical connection of the Jewish People with Palestine»

Ah, like the swindler who tells you "your grand-grand-grandfather owed my grand-grand-grandfather a million dollars, now give them back to me"...

Do you realise how many different people have an historical connection to the land which you [shamefully] call "Palestine" (a particularly degrading name the Romans invented to humiliate the Jews for their revolt - you should be considered a Jew-hater just for using this name) or parts thereof? Practically everyone today (perhaps excluding the aboriginals, American Indians and Inuits, but certainly including the so-called "Palestinians") can make similar claims of "historical connection" through their ancestry, possibly also through their affiliation with Jesus who lived there.

Anyway, who needs recognition?
And from such rogue illegitimate organisations even?
Israelis are no beggars - they worked hard and fought hard for their country, that is how they have it now, not by anybody's donation.

«Jews from around the world are free to return and resettle in their homeland without restriction.»

Mainly so and it is ex gratia, courtesy of the people of Israel who may change that anytime in future if so they choose.

I said "Mainly", because there are still some exclusions at present, including:
1) Certain convicted criminals, despite being Jewish.
2) Jews by paternal lineage, whose neither their mother, maternal grandmother or maternal grand-grandmother were Jewish.
3) Ex Israelis who renounced their Israeli citizenship.
4) Jews who might endanger public health.
5) People who converted to Judaism through the conservative or reform Jewish streams.
6) Unaccompanied minors.
7) Those who do not intend to live in Israel permanently.

[continued...]
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 6 January 2022 10:08:32 PM
[...continued]

«Jews from around the world are free to return and resettle in their homeland without restriction.»

Return? Have they ever even visited there?
Resettle? Have they ever lived there?

They should either say "thank you" to Israel, the current landlord and accept its generous conditions, or go settle elsewhere in their "homeland": perhaps in the West Bank?

«Claiming that Israel is not the Jewish National Home is a clear manifestation of Jew-hatred»

Let us talk about it once some aboriginal person comes to your door and demands a room to live in your house and you invite them happily in, or are you perchance an aboriginal-hater for refusing them?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 6 January 2022 10:08:34 PM
#Yuyutsu

Lot of hot air from you that does not alter your expressed view that Israel is not the Jewish National Home.

I categorize people who hold that view as Jew-haters.
Posted by david singer, Friday, 7 January 2022 10:07:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy