The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Political Christians or Christians in politics? > Comments

Political Christians or Christians in politics? : Comments

By Greg Bondar, published 16/11/2021

The attacks on the recently elected NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet have once raised the media bias against Christians in politics.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Thank you for your article Greg.
Posted by LesP, Tuesday, 16 November 2021 9:05:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Christian politicians have every right to express whatever view they like. They are obviously appealing to enough given they were elected.

However, the parliament, with each MP having his or her own views and values, may vote to override the policy preferences help by Christian MPs.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 16 November 2021 9:16:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course Christians should run for political office. I am not a Christian, but I believe in mainly Christian principles. The western world was built around mostly good Christian principles. And these principles allowed our civilisation to become the most modern, prosperous, and fairest society ever invented.

Greg is right to be concerned about Christian persecution by the left. Leftist ideology is a religion in itself. It is a jealous religion which demands adherence by everybody, or else. It hates Christianity because it is a rival religion, and most of the good aspects of leftism that exist, they borrowed from the Christians.

They don't want people reminded of that, they want to pretend that the all their good ideas (which they routinely violate) are leftists ideas. Hence the near hatred the left has for the west's primary and founding religion.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 16 November 2021 9:35:35 AM
Lego, were the ancient Greeks Christian?

I thought the origin of Western civilisation began with the Ancient Greeks.

I think it would be fair to say that Western civilisation gets a lot of its ideas from many cultures, but that Christianity dominated for much of the period.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 16 November 2021 9:42:38 AM
Perhaps the fact that Dominic is closely associated with the very right-wing cult Opus Dei with which he is closely associated. Its followers are a tiny minority of Christians both here in Australia or the world altogether. As such it in no way represents the majority of Christians either in Australia or the world altogether
As such it seems to me this should be an area of concern for the policies that he promotes and the necessary criticism of him.

Opus Dei (the "work of God") is primarily a power-and-control-seeking political entity. Never mind too that it is totally impossible for sinners, who are intrinsically Godless, to do the Work of God

This website provides a comprehensive description of Opus Dei.
http://www.odan.org

Sin is the present time dramatization of separation from the Living Divine Reality. There is no Real Existence until sin is transcended. Everything a sinner does is a dramatization of his or her sin, and only reinforces his or her sinful nature.

All actions and all states of presumed knowledge and experience are empty, painful, problematic, and sinful until the presumption of separation from The Living Divine Reality is utterly transcended.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 16 November 2021 9:50:10 AM
And Lego, I think many of the ideas that influenced Western civilisation, through art and philosophy, ideas that challenged the backwards church structure, also came from the Greeks and Romans who have very different Gods.

Too many people somehow associate the West with Christianity, but I think it is a bot more complex than that given the Church's view of the world for a long period was pretty backward.

And when we break it down even further, the Ancients were also a pretty backwards lot.

For me, Western civilisation is about taking good ideas and discarding the bs.

For me the West is the best, forget the rest, and that Christianity is just part of the West's historical experience contributing its own version of a moral code
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 16 November 2021 9:50:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy