The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Race relations in the United States: education and wealth disparity remain a key impediment > Comments

Race relations in the United States: education and wealth disparity remain a key impediment : Comments

By Chris Lewis, published 11/11/2021

Blacks and Hispanics have the lowest levels of bachelor degree or higher attainment despite all groups improving in percentage terms from 2010 to 2019.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
You seem to be validating the idea of Critical Race Theory, Chris Lewis. Although you did not actualy say it, you most certainly implied it by dredging up a whole truck full of statistics displaying that African Americans are doing very poorly in the USA, and then hinting that there must be something wrong with the system if they have not obtained equal outcomes with whites.

Reality check, Chris.

Western free market democratic societies are wealthy because they are, or at least were, competitive. The smartest people generally got to the top and the dumbest people generally stayed on the bottom. There have always been smart people from the lowest class who were upwardly mobile because they were smart and they worked hard. Dumb people from the upper class were less likely to be downwardly mobile because of family connections and inherited wealth. But such people have always been laughed at by the lower classes as "upperclass twits". And they have always been popular figures of fun in movies and plays.

Now, has it ever permeated your impermeable skull that the reason why African American people are poor and crime prone, is because colectively as a race, they are just not as smart as whites and Asians? Before you start screaming "Racism!", just remember that you seem to be supporting the concept of Critical Race Theory which is racist too. The question then is, which of the two racist explanations for African dysfunction is the more likely?

I reject CRT because it makes no sense. If white society is prejudiced against blacks, why is every black country dysfunctional? No white privilege in black countries. as a matter of fact, all of those countries went into the toilet when they chucked their whites out. And then, of course, there are the Asians who, being generally smarter than whites, do better in white society then whites.

Asians are generally smarter than whites, whites are generally smarter than Hispanics, and Hispanics are generally smarter than Africans. And that pretty much explains the social layering of US and western societies.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 11 November 2021 4:45:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You seem to be validating the idea of Critical Race Theory, Chris Lewis. Although you did not actualy say it, you most certainly implied it by dredging up a whole truck full of statistics displaying that African Americans are doing very poorly in the USA, and then hinting that there must be something wrong with the system if they have not obtained equal outcomes with whites.

Reality check, Chris.

Western free market democratic societies are wealthy because they are, or at least were, competitive. The smartest people generally got to the top and the dumbest people generally stayed on the bottom. There have always been smart people from the lowest class who were upwardly mobile because they were smart and they worked hard. Dumb people from the upper class were less likely to be downwardly mobile because of family connections and inherited wealth. But such people have always been laughed at by the lower classes as "upperclass twits". And they have always been popular figures of fun in movies and plays.

Now, has it ever permeated your impermeable skull that the reason why African American people are poor and crime prone, is because colectively as a race, they are just not as smart as whites and Asians? Before you start screaming "Racism!", just remember that you seem to be supporting the concept of Critical Race Theory, which is racist too. The question then is, which of the two racist explanations for African dysfunction is the more likely?

I reject CRT because it makes no sense. If white society is prejudiced against blacks, why is every black country dysfunctional? No white privilege in black countries. As a matter of fact, all of those countries went into the toilet when they chucked their whites out. And then, of course, there are the Asians who, being generally smarter than whites, do better in white society then whites.

Asians are generally smarter than whites, whites are generally smarter than Hispanics, and Hispanics are generally smarter than Africans. And that pretty much explains the social layering of US and western societies.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 11 November 2021 4:48:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lego said "Asians are generally smarter than whites, whites are generally smarter than Hispanics, and Hispanics are generally smarter than Africans. And that pretty much explains the social layering of US and western societies".

Sad that anyone can really believe that.

And, no I do not support critical race theory.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 11 November 2021 4:49:59 PM
Informed, educated, erudite commentary! Cannot suggest any remedy for ("the land of the free") a nation as divided and filled to the rafters with guns! And folks prepared to use them!?

God help us! What it might take is another war to finally unite that nation against a common enemy?

Every boy and his dog knows the problem! Just don't have any other remedy than law and order! And overflowing and seriously overcrowded prisons filled to the gunnels with folk. Many of who should be hospitalised instead!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 11 November 2021 5:31:56 PM
Pretty pathetic rebuttal, Chris. If you think I am wrong, the onus is upon you to present a reasoned argument to say why you think I am wrong. What you wrote was not a reasoned argument, it was virtue signalling.. You presume that you are so right that you need not even bother arguing your case. Pretty arrogant and cowardly, I think.

Since you are unable to think straight, I will help you.

If you think that all races have equal intelligences, by what evidence did you come to that conclusion? By what direct observation have you come to the conclusion that all races have equal intelligence? Don't just say that there are smart and dumb people in every race, because I will agree with you. But what we are talking about is the proportions of people within every race who have very low intelligence,(IQ 70-85) low intelligence, (85-95) average intelligence,(IQ 100) high (IQ 110-130) intelligence, and very high intelligence (130-160).

How do you account that Asians do better than whites in white society?

If you disagree with the racist theory of CRT, then how do you account for the obvious ethnic layering in western society, which recurs in every western society, regardless of culture? If you think that all races are absolutely equal in every way, how do you account for the fact that the same ethnicities are a crime and welfare problem in every western society?

Cmon boy. You can't just claim that I am totally wrong without giving a reasonable explanation as to why you think I am wrong. Just standing on your dignity acting superior is just that. it is moral posturing, and just an act.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 11 November 2021 6:53:53 PM
Lego,

I don't support CRT because I don't think that US history is as simple as a blame game.

The USA has come a long way since the 1950s, although there will be some Americans who still choose to hate (a minority).

My article is also not about which race has a supposed higher iq, so I am not going to respond to your simplistic assertion.

As I clearly indicated, the situation is improving for Blacks, as I indicated, but the wealth and education disparity means that progress will take a while yet.

For myself, someone who does not view differences in race in black and white terms as you, it is a difficult topic to write about.

But thanks for reading
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 11 November 2021 8:13:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy