The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > From vaccine passports to vaccine apartheid > Comments

From vaccine passports to vaccine apartheid : Comments

By Graham Young, published 3/9/2021

Vaccine apartheid, whether proposed by governments or various commercial and not-for profits serves no good point. And if there is no point, then it is an infringement on basic human rights.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
An app being trialled in South Australia that uses facial recognition and geolocation to enforce home quarantine during the Covid-19 pandemic should not be used until the proper safeguards are in place, say critics.

The very idea is appalling, but won't threaten people like me who don't have a smart phone and never will have one.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 5 September 2021 9:09:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey ttbn,
I remember telling you all years ago that they were building a transport control grid;
So that people cant leave their homes and go 200m without the government being able to track your movement.
With everyone's collated online data all going to one single data analysis centre.
They will know more about us then we know about ourselves.

- I said this long before the pandemic even began.

Maybe I was being paranoid, or maybe that's just the path of progress the world seems to be taking anyway.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 5 September 2021 9:39:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just heard on ABC (alright, alright in know) that Australia has an over supply of Astra zeneca because everyone wants the unavailable vaccines.
That git David Spears didn't help to clarfy things either. I wonder who the irresponsible mutt was who employed him !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 5 September 2021 9:43:13 AM
mhaze;
Seriously, I thought the people on the left were bat sh*te crazy weirdos
Just you lot on the right seem to be just begging to take that title.

"And yet you demand that the rest of society be upended to accommodate your contradictory desires. Well, I'm opposed to vaccine passports...but I'll make an exception in your case."

What's my desires?
That I don't want to pay a price for whatever your crap state, both it's government and citizens have done to mismanage suppressing and containing covid?
Why - because I support the lockdowns?

You people are idiots, like mentally retarded level idiots.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbecile

You jump up and down and scream about restriction of movement and lockdowns
- Yet you people are the morons that refuse to wear masks, probably stubbornly refuse to check in, making the ability to suppress the virus by not tracing it near on impossible and expect to get around everywhere freely spreading it to everyone else.
You want the freedom to make everyone else sick.
You disgust me.

You people oppose the vaccines, but your expectation of freedom of movement is the EXACT BLOODY REASON everyone else needs to get tested and have the damn things.

Beyond that, Scomo dropped the ball so badly on offshore quarantine;
Stupid enough to all put it in the centre of our capital cities, for foreigners no less
That it makes Albo look compentent when he raises the issue.

How many more cases in Sydney yesterday? 1533 and 4 more dead.
- Lets just keep racking up the numbers hey...

Are you really going to throw a tantrum at me,
Because I don't want my state become the hellhole you and your leaders turned your state into?

While you idiots were arguing over lockdowns being racist and all sorts of crap.
I don't even care, keep your filthy virus out of my state.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 5 September 2021 10:04:22 AM
This is how you do it....

"Florida to Fine Any Individual or Business $5,000 Per Incident for Discriminating on Vaccination Status"

http://www.wistv.com/2021/09/02/florida-issue-5000-fines-entities-asking-proof-covid-vaccination/

Wow AC, quite the spittle-laden outburst.

I was going to fisk the post but who can be bothered..."Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

But just one.

AC, who need I remind him, has already said he won't take the vaccine, complains that "You people oppose the vaccines"!! !!

But who needs to be internally consistent when you have self-imagined righteousness?
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 5 September 2021 10:26:10 AM
Rules are for fools! We have rules designed to stop the fools from harming others. Such as always driving on the left. Other things that are mandatory but not always the case are, mandatory seat belts and not driving while on the phone. Others will say this is just common sense?

Then there have been those mandated changes to firearm laws that outlawed most semiautomatic weapons as illegal.

Some folk seem to think covid 19 is not too serious! And might change their tune if they were the ones required to physically man ICUs and where covid patients struggled to breathe. Some might describe it as trying to breathe with a chest full of broken ribs?

And if we lose the battle and watch someone's mum or dad or grandma pass on after days of pain-racked breathing, We can empathise with the grieving and heartbroken families!

The thing that really burns me is, if we had island quarantine from the get-go? This terrible killer virus could have been completely kept out and the total economy allowed to work as almost always!

Yes, there might have been necessary to relocate some fully vaccinated and trained healthy young nurses, medicos and monitoring devices in some building or tent? But not an impossible ask!?

This being so and the glacial pace of the vaccine rollout means some senior decision-makers have, I believe, blood on their hands and come election time are heading for the electrical knackers yard?

If vaccines remain a personal choice? Then there must be passports that keep these potential super-spreaders (Drug runners/dealers/pushers etc) of, theatres, sports and entertainment venues, schools, stores and supermarkets etc-etc!

I mean, you could understand that these folk wouldn't want passports that totally identify them and record their movements down to almost the last detail!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 5 September 2021 12:17:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy