The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > From vaccine passports to vaccine apartheid > Comments

From vaccine passports to vaccine apartheid : Comments

By Graham Young, published 3/9/2021

Vaccine apartheid, whether proposed by governments or various commercial and not-for profits serves no good point. And if there is no point, then it is an infringement on basic human rights.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
People are prepared to surrender rights and freedoms to Big Brother to protect them from something that is not the worst virus ever, and one that 99.9% of them can protect themselves from with common sense, and get over quickly.

As one of the vulnerable, I am vaccinated; and I stay away from the herd, once a week at the supermarket, walking every day on my own, and avoiding mass entertainment, no eating out. Simple.

So, "passports" don't worry me. But, I regard them as serious assault on democracy, and quite stupid, given that the people who want to enforce them are the same ones telling us that vaccination doesn't stop infection.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 3 September 2021 9:11:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just question on the side: How many posters actually know anyone without Covid? Personally, that is.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 3 September 2021 11:11:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
With Covid, not without it:).
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 3 September 2021 11:12:01 AM
I do not agree that any person's rights are infringed by vaccine passports! After all, vaccinations remain, as a personal choice!

And any business or commercial venue is entitled as they've always had. Have a right to refuse service! And that right could include refusing to serve the unvaccinated. For example, this business reserves the right to refuse service! Others, this venue reserves the right to refuse entry!

Some want that right to refuse removed! And this is the only infringement of rights that are threatened by those who remain non-compliant!

Moreover, this is the same non-compliant demographic that makes a mockery of the sacrifice of lockdowns!

Who seem to think or believe, that their right to unfettered freedom trumps our right to remain in the land of the living! For the predetermined, natural term!

It's all well and good to cry, go and get vaccinated when the demand outstrips supply! As for the danger of clots? I have been struck by lightning and spent months in hospital getting treatment with clot busters and anticoagulants. Followed by years on blood thinners. Which thankfully ended before the cerebral haemorrhage.

I've been drowned, shot at and shelled, buried alive, had multiple pulmonary embolisms. The most common cause of sudden death in the older demographic! And a massive haemorrhagic stroke followed by a diagnosis of brain cancer! And the news that the statical evidence meant that life expectancy was around fourteen months.

I've had six birthdays since then. And believe, I have some unfinished business/contributions to make and the reason I'm still here! Of this, I am quite certain!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 3 September 2021 11:54:05 AM
I still have my yellow "Vaccine Passport" that I used to carry with me when I travelled around the world.

It was an imposed condition of travel just like a visa.

If I did not want to travel then there was no need for to get the vaccines that governments required in order to either leave or return.

Vaccination "apartheid" is a personal choice - something the anti-vaccers cannot seem to stop chattering about.
Posted by WTF? - Not Again, Friday, 3 September 2021 12:16:29 PM
The voluntary aspect of vaccination has no bearing on demands to show a 'passport. I am fully vaccinated, but I still see the passport nonsense as an infringement of liberties, even though I am highly unlikely to go anywhere near premises insisting on such Stasi-like infringements. The fact that the virus can still be passed on by vaccinated people makes the whole thing a very bad Orwellian joke; a mere device to keep people down.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 3 September 2021 12:18:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy