The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Environmentalism > Comments

Environmentalism : Comments

By Dara Macdonald, published 27/7/2021

Today, environmentalism is almost solely and exclusively focused on climate change. A problem that is both global and totally beyond the field of influence of any one human.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The loony type of environmentalism preached today, and the cost of it to the West in loss of cheap power and production, is as dangerous as Chinese Communism, which doesn't give a toss about the environment, and is gobbling us up.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 27 July 2021 10:57:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm sorry, but there're too many eco-fascists/fundamental fanatics in this space! Most of who are also anti-nuclear fanatics? Some fully imported, some local shite for brains locals/rent-a-crowd/humbugging clueless noisemakers?

There are two screamingly obvious answers that effectively address climate change. They are nuclear power, i.e., MSR thorium and regenerative farming practise, practised on a global scale! The latter will likely include some reforestation?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 27 July 2021 12:00:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As was the case with her previous essay on this forum this essay is just a collection of one-dimensional cardboard cut out cliches.

There are of course many interlocking For starters you could check out the long feature essay titled Chemical Planet in the New Scientist magazine.

And these two magazines which are very much about the ecological crisis and much more too - art, literature, poetry, farming, Spiritual religion and much more.
http://www.resurgence.org
http://orionmagazine.org

It is interesting to note that Orion Magazine is the home base of Wendell Berry. Wendell wrote some truth-telling essays in response to Sept 11 which were published by Orion:
Thoughts in the Presence of Fear. And The Idea of a Local Economy the full text of which is featured on the Geoffrey Wells website.

It is also interesting to note that the latest research on the (in)famous Limits To Growth paradigm points to the fact that most/all of the stated predictions have now come true, and are about to do so - do a search on the topic.

Why not do a search on the topic Buddhism and the environment, and check out the work of Joanna Macy too.

And why not do a search on two books by Paul Levy : Healing the Mind-Virus That Plagues the World. And Dispelling Wetiko a long review of which is featured in the summer 2016 edition of the more-than-wonderful Kosmos Journal
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 27 July 2021 5:20:24 PM
Well well well, comparing a political movement with religion is just absolutely so silly!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 27 July 2021 8:07:48 PM
Yuyutsu,
It's a tactic that was probably invented (and if not invented, certainly embraced with great enthusiasm) by the neocons, to fool their fellow atheists into thinking environmentalism is illogical, and to fool Christians into thinking it's evil.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 28 July 2021 11:07:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Aidan,

Sorry, I could not understand your last comment, presumably in reply to my post:
What do you mean by "neocons"? Is this some tribe of atheists perhaps that you are referring to?

Also please note that I did not address environmentalism, good or bad, only that it is a political movement like the rest of them, not a religious one. Now I am not interested in politics - they are all evil just the same, so as long as they do not pose as "religion" I wouldn't care this way or the other about their infighting.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 28 July 2021 12:55:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy