The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Environmentalism > Comments

Environmentalism : Comments

By Dara Macdonald, published 27/7/2021

Today, environmentalism is almost solely and exclusively focused on climate change. A problem that is both global and totally beyond the field of influence of any one human.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Some would suggest this is another delaying tactic to avoid regulatory constraints on fossil fuels in suggesting individual not legislative remedies? (Not to dismiss as part of any overarching strategy encouraging community involvement)

Ironically, the Malthusian environmental view, through a population and immigration prism, was in fact supported by fossil fuels, auto related supporting ZPG in the '70s; now known as 'green washing'.

According to the Washington Post, ZPG involved Paul 'Population Bomb' Ehrlich, deceased white nationalist John Tanton (both have liaised locally with Oz ZPG then SPA) and Paul 'Sea Shepherd' Watson supported by Rockefeller Bros. (Standard Oil then Exxon), Ford (auto) and Carnegie (railways/steel) Foundations.

Wheels within wheels?
Posted by Andras Smith, Tuesday, 3 August 2021 3:05:42 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu, I'm very surprised you haven't heard of neocons before. The word is a shortened form of "neoconservatives".

Neocons are hardline capitalists, but they also highly value social cohesion.
They oppose environmental legislation, as they regard corporate profits as more important than the environment. In many cases that's because they own the polluting industries.
They are pro war, as they believe having a common enemy benefits social cohesion.
They are pro religion, as they also believe religion helps social cohesion, but they are not religious themselves.

They have had much power and influence in the 21st century, as Dick Cheney (the Vice President under Bush43) was (and still is) a neocon. John Kasich (one of the most prominent anti-Trump Republicans) is also a neocon. I suspect Rupert Murdoch is one as well.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 3 August 2021 2:22:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you Aidan.

Based on your description, I don't think that I ever met a neocon. Do you imply that the author is one?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 3 August 2021 2:36:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,
No, I make no such implications.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 3 August 2021 3:26:26 PM
Neoconservatism is a political movement born in the United States during the 1960s among liberal hawks who became disenchanted with the increasingly pacifist foreign policy of the Democratic Party and with the growing New Left and counterculture of the 1960s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

As for Murdoch his politics are complicated- based on my limited understanding. At different times he's supported both sides- but recently he supported Trump. It seems he forms his views based on the direction that politics should take based on where he sees the world as heading- I believe he is loyal to the western world- though some could question that- he does his own thinking and is surrounded by very capable advisers. His views seem partially influenced by the particular idiosyncrasies of US political history but he still remembers Australia.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 4 August 2021 1:32:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy