The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Blaming the victim > Comments

Blaming the victim : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 1/3/2021

It would have been fairer to all concerned, if these complaints had been properly investigated by police and (if merited) tried in a court.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. All
Mere allegations don't provide a victim to blame.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 1 March 2021 8:33:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Having once been a Young Liberal I can confirm that young women in that movement put themselves in precarious situations. I wonder why what starts out as consensual or uninhibited drunkenness is later regretted. It could be that the female felt used or perhaps they didn't attract a future MP. Possibly after talking to feminist friends they wanted revenge. If so their motives are unworthy and it's fair to ask if they are partly to blame.

I see our ABC has taken up cudgels for this cause. It can't be long before they have their own historic 'incident'. Just waste a few taxpayer millions on sorting it out.
Posted by Taswegian, Monday, 1 March 2021 8:49:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
God only knows how many times my interest in a woman was hit on the head. All I had to do was walk away-problem solved !
If a woman is prepared to get drunk & go with a bloke who is probably just as inebriated & just as much of a victim as he he is a perpetrator then the woman too should accept responsibilty & report an incident immediately or shut up for good !
This business of waiting years & then decide to ruin relationships formed in the meantime should be rejected up front !
If wrong has been done, report it ! Delaying this makes the situation null & void ! The bloke might not even have realised he did wrong if the woman did not indicate so in the very beginning of his advances !
Posted by individual, Monday, 1 March 2021 9:50:20 AM
You do the crime, you do the time. That is justice at work.
The mitigating factors will come along in due course; unless that is, those mitigating circumstances are not overruled by such political innovation for vote schemes, such as mandatory sentencing.

Mostly I’ve noticed, mandatory sentencing impacts the most severely, on the poor and unresourced, unable to employ useful defence lawyers, including very expensive barristers.

Justice for the wealthy is highly visible in cases before our eyes recently, such as a NSW Premier who can scorch $30m for her boyfriends mates, and escape scott free,
with the payment of a few crocodile tears.
Juxtapose that example with a grass dwelling native in the NT, who bangs a white guy over the head with his beer bottle, and thieves his wallet.

So what we will get from the latest accusation of rape in high places, is little miss tart will become wealthy, and our MP will follow Gladdy into their rosy future, unhindered.

Is that a cynical view, or simply an honest assumption, based on the evidence!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 1 March 2021 9:53:51 AM
They couldn't get Pell and the Catholic Church, so now they are after the Liberal Party.

Wherever there is grog and mixed company, there will be trouble. Females are now putting it away like men; but they are not men, and nobody is making them drink. They won't listen; so stop worrying about them. We are all responsible for our own actions, not someone else's.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 1 March 2021 10:07:33 AM
In contrast to OLO's over-representative mob of misogynistic male commenters who blame women and infest this thread.

I advertise my respect for half of humanity.

And my fictitious lifelong quest for the perfect (hence unattainable) woman.

In that regard I renew my vows to Mary (Travers).

See the lovely Mary http://youtu.be/Ld6fAO4idaI

She's a Goddess, Aye! And she can sing to.

But there's a catch. Mary's not looking so good, lately, sadly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Travers . Dying in 2009.

But undaunted I turn to Duchess Kate Middleton

http://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/kate-middleton-1614096545.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.00xh;0,0&resize=980:*

As Kate is otherwise hitched to a bloke rich, famous, royal, heir to the throne, but not as good looking as I...

I turn to brilliant, beautiful, happy and articulate Professor Alice Roberts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Roberts

Here dear Alice struts her stuff http://youtu.be/GQTqIC1On1o

She also wins the unattainable attraction award by way of being hitched.

Oh well, there's always Maggie Thatcher :)

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 1 March 2021 10:24:43 AM
Its always wrong to blame the victim....assuming there is a victim.

Those who merely claim victimhood, on the other hand, are fair game.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 1 March 2021 10:26:24 AM
Victim blaming seems to include the less than empathetic Author?

I've been drunk on a number of occasions and legless on at least two. Yet still able to relate to females with respect and to the point of refusing the advances of a highly inebriated female, a beautiful blonde bombshell, I was very attracted to!

I'll never ever forget Diana and how desperately I wanted in my arms, my bed! But sober and in charge of her primary responses!

It was not to be, even though I followed where I thought she'd gone and spent three some years hoping to bump into her as I believed in all honesty, she felt as I did about her.

That said, in thirty-five years of enforced celibacy, I've had a number of propositions from ladies, drunk and sober, attractive and some with a face only a mother could love.

Through that time I had two rules that were never broken! No dalliances with married ladies, and none with inebriated ladies!

I believe it's assumed privilege and entitlement that is mostly to blame here? Along with a sprinkling of, I want I take, sociopaths, for who there are no boundaries they won't cross? And for them, it's always the victim's fault?

Time these A-holes were weeded out of our institutions, our lives, our communities and our country!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 1 March 2021 10:51:45 AM
When a man & a woman meet there is a chemical, emotional & instinctive reaction which can not & must not be legislated against.
Anyone who is not aware of this should refrain from going out to meet people to be intimate with ! Those socially inept types who have no concept of interaction should not be allowed to mix with normal people, they should stay in their indoctrination facilities where they belong !
Leave normal people to make their mistakes & deal with them in the normal way with normal consequences !
Posted by individual, Monday, 1 March 2021 11:19:10 AM
Interesting isn't how these willing & happy participants suddenly become rape victims a couple of years, or decades later. Could it be they have become encouraged by a certain political party. There does seem to be a stream of these recently remembered "rapes" all over the world.

Also interesting that the same bumps & grinds occur in many workplaces, but don't draw the same attention from the femenised media.

Also interesting is that the bloke is wrong no matter the outcome. He is very bad if a quick bit of fun doesn't become undying love, but pilloried when it does.

Poor old Barnaby did the right thing & married the lady, & is viciously attacked for it. I wonder if he would have been less viciously attacked if he had walked away. Pity about his ex wife, as with Bob Hawks.

Sometimes the bloke is going to be blamed, no matter what he does, where the lady is free to be a lady or a tart, but will never be at fault.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 1 March 2021 11:28:16 AM
Courts are never ever about illuminating the truth or justice, just winning And those with the biggest pocketbooks doing most of the winning, along with ultra-expensive legal counsel?

So, seeking long-overdue legal redress is a fraught and pointless exercise where the old boy's club, privilege and a sense of entitlement reign supreme?

If however, the available evidence could be tested with unbeatable space ae lie detection? It might be different?

That said, a very convenient, alleged suicide, has prevented at least one witness from testifying! EVER!

I'm not saying it's homicide set up to look like a suicide? But given the powerful players involved? I'm not completely ruling it out?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 1 March 2021 11:40:50 AM
... willing & happy participants suddenly become rape victims ...
Hasbeen,
The trend also reveals that only blokes with money are rapists, the poor old blue collar jockeys don't appear to be afflicted with that gene !
Posted by individual, Monday, 1 March 2021 12:40:13 PM
The lads on this thread who may empathise with the lads accused of rape, need recall the advice of single men on the tiny Scandinavian Faroe Islands [1] and now days on mixed crew submarines.

That is lads don't sh-t in their own nest. Meaning don't have sex with woman you'll still be next to even after the romance or horniness of the act wears off.

Keep it in your pants lads in small community environments.

Spread those wild oats into those you won't be in close proximity with or share-regret or anger with for the next 50 days or 50 years.

[1] see http://www.sbs.com.au/news/sites/sbs.com.au.news/files/transcripts/1546251_dateline_internetloveinastrangeland_transcript.html specifically "“A crow doesn’t sh-t in it’s own nest.”

Pete
http://gentleseas.blogspot.com/
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 1 March 2021 1:46:20 PM
Indoctrinated females are without the smallest of doubts, more socially inept than a red-neck male !
Posted by individual, Monday, 1 March 2021 2:35:06 PM
Re Indi's

"indoctrinated females" vs a "red-neck male"

I gotta admit I pine for this Divinyl lady http://youtu.be/wv-34w8kGPM

and "red-neck" for Indi?!

You as a gentleman are entitled to your own sexuality, sir :)
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 1 March 2021 3:54:40 PM
*...The trend also reveals that only blokes with money are rapists, the poor old blue collar jockeys don't appear to be afflicted with that gene !...*

Says individual.

Mostly it seems, but the game extends a little further. The call of rape can quickly expel a tiresome husband from the joint nest.

Horrible Sara is on the parade ground ATM. she wants to spill the beans and name names.

Poor old Scott. He probably has a need for a new stock of Bit Coins if the ABC can nail him for telling porkies.

Wow, Canberra just brims with rapists thieves, liars (and liers, or was she sober enough to remain standing)?, and outright thieves.

How disappointing.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 1 March 2021 7:54:22 PM
Across all media on the issue of rape/sexual assault there is little discussion on the reasons for the number of assaults, the low rate of reports to police and the again, low rates of conviction.

It must be clear to everybody that either the vast majority of women are vicious liars or that the laws as they are do nothing to protect women.

As I tend toward the latter view, it is surely time to change the laws so that men are no longer favoured.

This could be done by simply laying the responsibility on men to prove that they had consent before engaging in sex.

Yes, guilty until proven innocent! Don’t tell me it cannot be done, if you are caught speeding it is up to you to prove that you were in fact not.

Scrap the guilty, or not guilty, make it guilty or not proven, then follow up with say, three not proven and the beneficiaries of the not provens is brought before a panel empowered to consider whether he ought to be allowed out in the community until a further complaint against him is recorded, or whether to jail him for three or four years immediately.

Then boys would be raised to be mindful of the price of non consensual sexual adventures.
Posted by petere, Monday, 1 March 2021 11:40:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@petere

Your comment's first few lines gave me hope you would present a reasoned argument sympathetic to woman.

Sadly you then descend into "guilty till proven innocent". A rather extremist approach to Australia's judicial system.

Alleged "Rape" might be consenting adults in reality. But a women could automatically put a man away. Maybe "rape within marriage" but she wants his half of the business or house.

A precedent setting approach eg. in future Guilty of (manslaughter, murder, treason or sedition) Until Preoven Innocent?
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 7:16:04 AM
Yes, the 'innocent until proven guilty' worry and so vigorously defended by males.

Yet in trying to report a sexual assault/rape all women are judged and treated as if they are 'guilty' or at the very least, lying.

Have a read through the ABC's program on Rape and policing.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-28/how-police-are-failing-survivors-of-sexual-assault/11871364?nw=
Posted by petere, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 7:50:37 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wonder what discount the judge would give for a rape offence.

I reckon it would need to be a discount that fits the crime.

The bigger the crime, the bigger the discount.

But let's not jump ahead of ourselves. After all, rape allegations have to first pass the mandatory 'No Means Yes Test'.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 7:55:21 AM
I always wonder in such cases how many times the 'Perpetrator' was in actual fact the victim !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 10:49:15 AM
individual,

Yes, of course.

No, make that a No. or maybe Yes.

Whatever . . . . . No means Yes.

Or is that Yes means No.

Hmmm . . . . . . How about we just ask Jen?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 10:57:51 AM
Dear Mopi

Who is this mysterious "Jen".

An astral Sun Goddess?

I do hope she's rather like Fergie, here http://youtu.be/I7HahVwYpwo?t=1m3s
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 11:26:53 AM
plantagenet,

Everybody knows who Jen is.

She's like the female version of Apollo.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 1:07:45 PM
"Yes, guilty until proven innocent! Don’t tell me it cannot be done, if you are caught speeding it is up to you to prove that you were in fact not."

Well that's just not true. You remain innocent but you are required to refute the overwhelming evidence against you ie the speed camera photo or similar. There is evidence that shows you did it and you have to demonstrate why that evidence is faulty.

Similarly, in rape cases if there is evidence of the rape then the defendant has to refute that evidence. But in many cases, such as the Higgins case, there is no or inconclusive evidence. Just her claims aren't enough. Look at how justice was subverted over Pell when its was originally decided to just take the claimed victim's word.

The problem is that, for many feminists and their followers, they've developed this fantasy that rape is everywhere. And when the statistics don't support their fantasies they want to change the stats. So they want to tilt the game against the defendant.

This has already been done. We were told that it was unfair to bring up the victims past sexuality so the law was changed to ban that. (Imagine a law that said, to continue to speed offence analogy, you weren't allowed to bring up a drivers past driving fines when determining whether to cancel his licence. Would the community go along with that?). We were told this change would allow more women to report their rape. It didn't.

So then we were told that they needed to be able to give evidence via video to lessen their trauma. But that didn't result in more convictions either.

So now they want to subvert the very basis of our judicial system in order to make the stats comply with their fantasies.

Apart from the fact it'll probably also fail, it continues the trend of failing to give women and girls the sort of advice that would truly protect them.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 3:38:50 PM
petere I think it is fair to say that women who report rape, with no evidence to support the claim should have a pretty fair chance of being accused of lying.

Surely there should be some torn clothing or bruising to show she resisted.

Those who report a rape years after the claimed event should be viewed with a high level of suspicion.

Those who report a hearsay of rape, after the death of the supposed victim should be viewed with extreme suspicion, & charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice, if they can't produce any real evidence.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 4:39:54 PM
'Surely there should be some torn clothing or bruising to show she resisted.'

Hasbeen, you are making a very common mistake/assumption, but you are also suggesting that a woman has to able to fight a bloke off to prove that she was raped.

She merely has to have not consented to sex.

Years ago, when I was young this issue was being discussed at a gathering at my place. One guy, a large lad was putting, loudly and aggressively, similar to your point of view.

Another lad, smaller but solid rose off the couch, the loud mouth, hit the floor and in less than ten seconds he was quivering, stark naked, mouth working but making no sound, unmarked and making ineffectual fending off movements with his hands.

'You were saying?' Frank asked. (sometime about the mid 60s)

The guy grabbed his clothes and fled.

Blokes can be dominated without any physical assault, yet you expect a woman to fight until she is injured and her clothes ripped!
Posted by petere, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 6:29:09 PM
With the forum dominated by hard right misogynistic old males, one can see how in a similarly dominated conservative political party those basic misogynistic attitudes of victim blaming, denial, cover up, blackmailing and protection of the perpetrator would come to the fore. Making it extremely difficult for the victim to receive natural justice.

The fact Morrison had to go home and tell the little woman that he had a "girly problem" at work, and what should he do, speaks volumes for the lack of understanding of the conservative leadership when it comes to dealing with these issues. Hopefully for the misogynists they are never put into the position where one of their own, a child, a grandchild, a wife or a partner is a victim of rape, I'm sure the misogynistic attitude will then change very quickly.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 3 March 2021 6:52:35 AM
So Paul assumes that anyone who fails to agree with him that all rape allegations must be accepted as true must be a misogynist. No other explanation is possible. It can't possibly be that they just see these issues differently and have different life experiences.

Yet when I previously raised the issue of Shorten's rape allegations, the facts of which are functionally the same as those that apply to the, as yet, unidentified Liberal minister (save that the alleged victim is still alive), Paul ran a mile. None of the believe-all-women crowd were prepared to say that Shorten ought to be held to account.

When you base your response to a rape allegation on politics, when you decide which women to believe and which to cast aside based on the politics of the accused, then you aren't trying to help women - you are trying to help a side, your side by using those women. That's real misogyny.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/bartsexdem-600x473.jpg
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 3 March 2021 10:13:25 AM
Ah, now we see it all. As someone suggested a rape victim should "lay back & enjoy it" then report the sex partner for rape after.

Come on petere, you are trying to eliminate a girls greatest ploy, lead a bloke to bed, then down the isle. So now, if after the bedding he won't walk down the isle, scream rape appears to be your idea. Perhaps the old shot gun thing has lost it's effectiveness.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 3 March 2021 2:16:03 PM
Where does sexually provocative/inviting clothing come into play ? Couple that with just as provocative/inviting body language & the groundwork is done for setting up a bloke !
A few lightly brushing against moves & presto, it's sexual harassment !
First taking full advantage of getting attention & once that is achieved just scream rape !
An integrity-devoid lawyer will soon extort money from some bloke who fancied his chances with some cheap Broad !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 3 March 2021 9:43:29 PM
I think some of the old blokes on this forum, dream of what might have been. The mysterious but alluring young waif, provocative clothing, the sniff of sensual perfume, the alluring glance, the inviting body language! Oh no! Just when it was all about to happen poor old Fred wakes up! Reaches for his bottle of pills for his out of control tricky ticker! The Wife Mildred screams; "FRED! you forgot to take out the garbage.... AGAIN!"
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 3 March 2021 10:20:07 PM
Paul1405,
No matter how hard you try to malign decency, I for one will never be part of your corrupt gay world !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 4 March 2021 6:27:37 AM
That we have people who run a mile when the issue of Shorten's rape allegation are raised is instructive. As I said, playing politics with this demonstrates that these are the true misogynists since they are prepared to use these women for political gain while pretending concern.

Unlike Paul et al, the ABC recognises the problem. It ought to be remembered that the ABC, in collaboration with the Victorian police force, worked assiduously to suppress all information about the Shorten allegations and then fought assiduously to ignore the story once Shorten had outed himself. So they recognise the obvious double standard here.

I was rather hilarious last night when the ABC tried to address the double standard. What, they asked rhetorically, is the difference between the Shorten case and the Porter case, that would justify their rank hypocrisy? The answer? Well Shorten's accuser is still alive. Somehow in the mind of these 'great thinkers', that makes the cases totally different!!

Its all about politics. The women are just the pawns in a push to help Albanese in a possible election year. Now they are pushing for an inquiry as though the police investigation wasn't sufficient. Why? To what purpose? Simply to keep the story bubbling along. The alleged Porter rape took place 30 years ago. The Higgins alleged rape 2 years ago. Yet it all comes out just as the ALP/ABC electoral fortunes look the bleakest.

Just coincidence I guess.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 4 March 2021 7:54:29 AM
How the Liberal Minister Linda Reynolds deals with a complaint from Brittany Higgins concerning rape with sympathy and compassion. She calls the poor girl a "LYING COW". About time this incompetent minister came out of the closet where she is hiding and RESIGN!
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 4 March 2021 2:08:21 PM
Breaking news: People who preen themselves as being anti-misogynist and piously say that we need more women in politics, demand that a woman be sacked.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 5 March 2021 7:42:01 AM
About time this incompetent minister came out of the closet
Paul1405,
Why didn't Ms Higgins come out straight away ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 5 March 2021 9:10:37 AM
"LYING COW"

My respect for Linda Reynolds as a knowledgable Defence Minister - still requires an adequate performance as a leader of her staff.

The Canberra Times reports March 4, 2021 http://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7152115/minister-labelled-ex-staffer-lying-cow/?cs=14264

Title: "Minister labelled ex-staffer 'lying cow'"

[Part of the approx 500 word Text:]

"Scott Morrison has confirmed his embattled Defence Minister Linda Reynolds called an alleged rape victim a "lying cow".

Former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins says she was raped by a colleague in Senator Reynolds' ministerial office in 2019.

The prime minister said Senator Reynolds was frustrated over suggestions she did not give enough support to Ms Higgins at the time of the incident. He said the remark was made in a private office and she later apologised to staff for the outburst. "She deeply regrets it. They were offensive remarks. She should never have made them. I don't condone them," the prime minister told reporters in NSW on Thursday.

Ms Higgins says the comments were "incredibly hurtful", and has threatened defamation action unless the defence minister apologises. "I appreciate that it has been a stressful time but that sort of behaviour and language is never excusable," she said in a statement. "It's just further evidence of the toxic workplace culture that occurs behind closed doors in Parliament House."

Senator Reynolds, who is on medical leave following heavy criticism of her handling of the allegation, is under increasing pressure to resign....Senator Reynolds issued a statement saying she had never questioned Ms Higgins' account. "I did, however, comment on news reports regarding surrounding circumstances that I felt had been misrepresented," the minister said.

Ms Higgins has recently reinstated her official complaint with the Australian Federal Police.

Three other women have since alleged they were assaulted by the same man.

[Alleged rapist] was sacked as a ministerial adviser because of a security breach on the night of Ms Higgins' alleged rape..."
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 5 March 2021 12:10:29 PM
Let's summarise.
A young girl, goes out, gets drunk, is chatted up by someone she knows, she, being equal to any man, is seeking sex, every man goes out at night for the same thing, which is natural for a young healthy male.
She voluntarily accompanies him to a particular location, with full expectation and keen to engage in sexual intercourse, because she is a strong viable woman and equal to a man, therefore capable of making such decisions and choices.
In the morning she is literally caught with her pants down, and hurriedly gathers her curds and whey, (clothing and belongings) and scarpers.
Many, many years and God knows, why later, she has an epiphany, and decides in her own sick mind and time to ruin a good man's life, and anyone else's as collateral damage, completely devoid of the consequences and destruction she has just unleashed.
Soon after, like a brick in the face, which is what was required, but sooner, she decides she has made an enormous and extremely serious mistake, and does one of the many things, mentally and emotionally unstable people do.
She killed herself!
Now was the Minister just in calling her a "lying cow"?
Most definitely!
Was she a "lying cow"?
Most definitely!
So all you jelly brained, virtue signaling, pions, stop trying to point score using lies and innuendo, knowing full well your way off course, in an inane attempt at looking viable.
She was the guilty party, because as the pions will quickly remind us, that had she said "NO" then perhaps there was a case to answer, it was consensual, in fact if it was not she would have gone running and screaming from the building to get away from a rapist.
Such was not the case, she slept it off and left in the morning when the staff began arriving.
Did she immediately seek the assistance of the first arrivals as to her alleged plight/ (being raped)
NO!
End of!
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 5 March 2021 12:21:57 PM
That is the problem! Right there in that rant.

Only a change in the law will alter the mindset of such people.
Posted by petere, Friday, 5 March 2021 1:40:25 PM
Petere, would you care to illuminate, because your last comment can be taken as inflammatory.
Or at the very least sarcastic, and refuting or rejecting my submission or account of the matter.
If I have stated something incorrectly or taken something out of context, please highlight my error/s and I will either explain my reasoning or accept your corrective advise.
Thank you, in advance.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 5 March 2021 3:33:39 PM
petere,

"This could be done by simply laying the responsibility on men to prove that they had consent before engaging in sex"

An excellent and well thought out point, you are to be congratulated on your logic and clear thinking.

Every bloke on a night out should have a "Sexual Intercourse Consent Form" and a working black ink pen on his person.

Perhaps condom manufacturers could print such forms and include them with their product.

Forgery might be a problem so provision should be made for a witness to sign that he/she witnessed the signature and that the signee was not visibly affected by alcohol at the time.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 5 March 2021 7:45:10 PM
Dear Issy

Further to your helpful recommendations I suggest Full Disclosure of Consent - LIVE:

1. During this Legal Process. The male participant, wearing a full face helmut, riot shield and most crucially a POLICE STYLE BODYCAM gather proof of consent from female participant-to-be

2. With a live feed to the local Femi-Nazi tent village, handily emplaced on participants front lawn.

3. If the bodycam is proving awkward, in a variety of positions, or due to insertion in a dark place

4. Either or both parties should hold cameras throughout their interface, POV Style.

5. For wicked Christian(s) the POV camera audio and video should be thrust upon one's unsuspecting, aged Priest, during Confession.

OR

6. during a Church service - like one's Wedding.

7. All acts of one's sex life shall hereby be recorded on camera (audio and video) for Court Cases, Blackmail, Slide Nights and Employment Performance Appraisal.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 5 March 2021 11:00:49 PM
1. "Femi-Nazi" goes too far, author feeling remorse.

2. However, raising rape to a Guilty Till Proven Innocent crime, above all other serious crimes (eg. above mass murder) is disproportionate and not part of a modern Western legal system.

Guilty Till Proven Innocent is instead practiced in the Mainland China legal system.

3. Guilty Till Proven Innocent is akin to the Salem witch/warlock trials or Spanish Inquisition where the accused had to prove her/his innocence. Before modern legal systems those ordered to prove their innocence were encourage to talk by Ordeal/Interrogation - extended imprisonment before trial being one such encouragement.

4. Joan of Arc was condemned under an old, now discredited, encourage to talk by Ordeal/Interrogation - extended imprisonment before trial, Guilty Till Proven Innocent system http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Joan_of_Arc#In_prison .
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 6 March 2021 9:23:32 AM
I'm just so tired of hearing about this sexual harassment thing. These females shouldn't leave home without a chastity belt if they have so much difficulty in saying no when they should be saying no !
I'm just so glad there are still some women out there !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 6 March 2021 4:33:47 PM
Indy, Hear, Hear!
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 6 March 2021 6:53:29 PM
PART OF A MOVING ABC ARTICLE

If any OLOers don't like the following don't read it. Maybe don't read the thread if you object to people reporting sexual assault or are concerned about it.

ABC Reports 6 March 2021, at http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-06/students-call-for-earlier-education-consent-sexual-assault/13223620

“Sydney school students call for earlier education on sexual relationships and consent in wake of petition”

“...The petition, calling for earlier education on sex and consent, was started by Chantal Contos, who went to a private school in Sydney's eastern suburbs.

She was motivated to act after conversations with her friends revealed that half of them had been sexually assaulted by boys from neighbouring private boys' schools. It was only when she and her friends were taught about consent in year 10 that they realised that what had happened to them constituted rape or sexual assault..."

[A schoolgirl asks] "Without education like this how are we going to know how to act? How are we going to know what to do..."
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 6 March 2021 11:25:04 PM
Plantagenet, REALLY?
I mean, REALLY?
You have just joined the ranks of irrelevance and fake virtuosity.

Without education like this, how are we going to know how to act? How are we going to know what to do...".

You cannot be serious.
You have just lowered yourself to the lowest level or rankings.
I have a million answers to this absolute, crap, obviously spun by an absolute sicko, or was it a preschooler.
This article you so proudly display or parade as a shining example of, what exactly?
Is it to demonstrate how stupid people are?
Is it supposed to mean something, because if so, it has failed so miserably, and in fact muddied the case regarding rape, and quite simply as well.
So someone is trying it on with one of these vestal virgins of today, and you and the author of this piece of fiction, actually expect us all to believe that the girls have suddenly forgotten how to scream and run?
Honestly, the older I get the more pathetic and stupid people get.
Please, try another piece of fiction, this one is beginning to smell by the minute.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 6 March 2021 11:47:45 PM
Hi Pete

Thanks for the article, I did see the young girl in question on the ABC, very intelligent and forthright with the aims of her petition. We have two girl mokos (grandchildren) in year 10, one 15 and one turning 15 next month. They both have boyfriends their age, I'm not sure what conditions the parents of the older one have put in place as they live in Toowoomba 130Km from Brisbane. But for our local girl, just up the road, conditions are strict, school, sport and home duties come first, she is well aware of the limits imposed on dating, such as only during daylight hours and mum or dad have to know where they are going, etc, he is allowed at the house, but only when someone is home, mum and dad have met the "in-laws", and find them nice people. More importantly I think our girl has a good understanding of what she will tolerate from boys, she demands respect, and she has her own limits as well in place. So far so good, she even rang Nan with; "Nan is it okay if I bring my friend around to meet you both?", Which of course we were pleased to do, he came across as very nice and suitable in our eyes.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 7 March 2021 5:58:47 AM
More intrigue in the Porter case.

It seems the women who claimed to have been raped, didn't even remember the incident for 28 years. It was only after being referred to a psychologist who believes in the theory of 'recovered' memories, that she suddenly remembered her 'ordeal'.

Anyone who knows anything about the sordid history of recovered memories will immediately know what a crock this whole saga has been. A man's career destroyed because some crank practitioner convinces her that something she doesn't even remember happening, happened.

From wikipedia...""The notion that traumatic events can be repressed and later recovered is the most pernicious bit of folklore ever to infect psychology and psychiatry. It has provided the theoretical basis for 'recovered memory therapy' — the worst catastrophe to befall the mental health field since the lobotomy era.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repressed_memory

Explain to me again how we should believe all women!!
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 7 March 2021 9:54:12 AM
You cannot be serious.
ALTRAV,
Ditto ! I think insanity has gotten a foothold in Education.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 7 March 2021 10:42:40 AM
There is a more important matter arising in this Porter case than rape.
The Labor leader has disqualified himself from ever being prime minister.
If his party supports his advocacy of a legalised Kangaroo Court then
it should never take government.
Setting such a precedent will be just what the people who want to
reset everything will need to screw us all down.

I notice that some prominent legal people have said it must not happen.
For a leading MP hoping to become prime minister to advocate such a
course makes you wonder what steps he would consider fair in a case
involving hundreds of citizens.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 7 March 2021 11:05:40 AM
It's really all in the punctuation.

"Don't!! Stop!!"

"Don't stop!!"
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 7 March 2021 2:13:54 PM
No probs Paul1405

Here is a clip for some of the "Real Men" in this thread to avoid caring about half of humanity: http://youtu.be/3HQFCB7st04

Regards

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Sunday, 7 March 2021 2:51:15 PM
ISSY, now, no truer words have ever been spoken.
What the sanctimonious female, freedom fighters need to fess up is, that the maggots have now gone too far with this equality crap.
This was never more well confirmed when a friend of mine's wife was working in a chemist shop years ago and overheard a gaggle of such females, discussing how they were either feeling horny, or just simply going out that night for the specific purpose of "getting laid".
They were debating condoms.
Some were for them, others were NOT!
So elegant, so charming, so chaste......NOT!
And some of you wonder why I go on so much about slutty females today.
This kind of smutty talk was reserved for the males of the species, and in my life, growing up, women did not talk like this, in a disgusting and openly uncouth, un-lady-like, crass manner.
But as I said before, too bad I'm not young today, Oh what a feast I would have.
Reminds me of the old bull and the young bull just introduced to a new herd of cattle.
The young bull says to the old bull, "let's run down and quickly have our way with one of the cows".
The old bull, casually turns to the young bull and says, NAH, let's stroll down and have 'em all.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 7 March 2021 3:03:02 PM
Plantgenet, not sure what to make of your last posting.
If that joke of a video is supposed to make guys do or not do something, it was lost in it's absolute absurdity of human fiction.
If these guys are YOUR idea of "Real Men", I suggest you find new venues that are not "gai" bars, and the like.
I am curious what your intended message was with that stupid video.
Those people were so fake, and you could see right through them, starting with the very bad acting through to the unquestionable virtue signaling, and more.
So whoever that video was aimed at or pathetically trying to emulate, it failed badly.
So can you tell me in plain English what was your message or intent by posting it?
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 7 March 2021 4:13:14 PM
plantagenet,
And, where's a video that shows violence to men by females ?
Lucky for me, most people of the opposite sex I encountered were women !
I know a few blokes who got involved with females & really feel sorry for them.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 7 March 2021 4:33:03 PM
Its easy to see the problem the forums group of frustrated misogynistic old men suffer from. FEMALE REJECTION. Not one being under the age of 85, and with their "best" years well and truly behind them, they have become angry with what might have been, now taking their frustrations out on innocent young women. One likens himself through a joke to an old bull, telling the young bull how best to handle the cows. The truth is he's more likely to be in the class of a old steer than old bull, with only imaginary dreams of what might have been to satisfy himself with in his twilight years.

My wife was having a read of some of the posts on here this afternoon, at my request, her only comment was; "What a bunch of Old Losers, hang out on that OLO site, obviously there is no women, I can see why." I had to agree.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 7 March 2021 9:46:35 PM
Paul, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,.......... Oh boy......hang on while I catch my breath.
Whew, that was a close one, nearly peed my pants.
Now let me get this straight, I don't want to spoil the moment or the message;
YOUR WIFE, said; "What a bunch of OLD LOSERS, hang out on that OLO site, obviously there is no women, I can see why".
Seeing as how YOU are if not the most vocal and therefore the leading hanger out on OLO, it is clear to us all now, she was talking about YOU!
And so it is that you have outed yourself, and now can include yourself in the comments of your last posting.
What your wife said about you, must be true, she has had to tolerate you and your warped sense of reason for far too long, but at least now we have irrefutable inside information and therefore vindication and confirmation of what most of us have said and believed about you from the beginning.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 7 March 2021 10:29:48 PM
I found this article to be forthright and thought provoking.
I had already written something similar in my 'notebook'.
This is part of what I wrote.
I hope it can be taken as relevant.

I have read about, and listened to, reports of two recent incidents of alleged rape.
In both cases the young woman acted very unwisely.
She got drunk.
That circumstance markedly lessened her ability to supervise her own actions.
She was then unable to provide normal adult care and control of her person.
She deliberately put herself in 'danger'.
That fact makes her unavoidably complicit in anything which happened as a result?

In each of these incidents, if we are to condemn one participant, we must also condemn the other?
Let us stop the pretence that one of the parties is squeaky clean, and the other is dark and dastardly.
Let us put any blame squarely where it belongs: on BOTH of them.
And let us train our young to be far more aware of possible threat?
No walking alone down a dark alleyway late at night, in a 'rough' part of town.
Such an act would be totally irresponsible.
Those who persist in living dangerously, will almost certainly come to harm.

I sometimes despair of those who lead this country.
Those who are paid to plan and supervise our future.
Their approach to the above matters is 'all over the place'.
They have us galloping down a road which leads to absurdity.
I also despair of the futile discussions which are taking place amongst news persons.
These are aired regularly on television.
They go round and round in circles, and have no clear purpose.
Time for some straight talking instead?
Time for some strong and sensible comment?
These matters drag on because there are no clear-cut principles being applied to their resolution.
Those in authority appear to sway to and fro, as if engaged in a strange and meaningless dance.
I shake my head, and wonder where it will all end.
Something has to change. And soon.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Monday, 8 March 2021 2:39:03 AM
Fatso,

The only thing is there is no suggestion in the Porter case that the 16 year old girl was drunk.

ALTI,

The wife doesn't discriminate, her reasoning is; talking to losers, makes one a Loser as well. I've said to her in the past, did she want to participate in this Forum, her reaction was "You got to be kidding!". Claims there's very little diversity in the discussion. I did explain there are a couple of infrequent but good contributors like SR, Pete, David and a couple of others, we did have a good female poster in Foxy but circumstances have made her give it up. Most of the posts she read that were not mine, were yours. Kept saying "Gee, what a LOSER!" not sure if she was reading my posts or yours at the time. The wife wanted to know if anyone here did anything else in life. I said the guys are mostly confined to the 'Shady Pines' retirement village, where the number one rule is "No Chicks Allowed", she wanted to know where it is, so she can put me in there as well. Sad ALTI.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 8 March 2021 5:56:42 AM
More evidence emerging on the Porter case.

As I said earlier, its now clear that the women underwent "recovered memory therapy" a hypnotic technique which courts have placed restrictions on as evidence because of their potential to affect memory.

It now also seems that her parents (what would they know!!) were opposed to her proceeding with the complaint because of her mental illness. They felt she probably “confected or embellished” the story.

Christine Blasey Ford all over again.

And losers like Paul et al fall for it every time.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 8 March 2021 6:58:33 AM
Paul,

Should credence be given to the recollections of a witness who was drunk at the time of an alleged event in all cases?

Say a person is on trial for their life, i.e. facing life imprisonment, should identification by someone who admits that they were 'legless' at the time be seriously considered?

I think not and allegations are not evidence.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 8 March 2021 9:38:26 AM
ttbn,

In your opening post, you said,

"Mere allegations don't provide a victim to blame."

but they do provide a victim to frame!!
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 8 March 2021 9:41:28 AM
Hi Paul1405

1. Yes, there's very little OLO commenter diversity these days, what with Foxy and Joe gone.

OLO now mainly hosts the ravings of far right oddballs, who wish they were rich, famous "studs" like their Messiah, Trump.

2. FOUR CORNERS tonight will be on this latest Porter case. Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-08/woman-told-counsellor-of-porter-rape-allegations-eight-years-ago/13221438

3. Where's the happy, blokey, ScoMo now, with senior ministers even three months back: http://youtu.be/vdOyJwhmBjc?t=1m18s

with threatening words http://youtu.be/vdOyJwhmBjc?t=2m8s

4. Just 3 weeks ago Scottie was dropping hints about an October 2021 Federal Election (because Labor looked like a pushover). What with Morrison's Government now only having a one seat majority in the House of Reps an Election was meant to increase the House majority.

But the Government now has 2 Cabinet Uglies to resolve first.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 8 March 2021 10:22:46 AM
Its most unfortunate when a poster has to resort to untruths and distortions in an attempt to strengthen their argument. Isn't that so MHAZE. The post in which mhaze claims the woman took 28 years to recollect the alleged sexual assault by Porter. He tries to intimate that theory of 'recovered' memories may have been used. Take the untruths and distortions in the Porter case posted by mhaze;

"It seems the women who claimed to have been raped, didn't even remember the incident for 28 years. It was only after being referred to a psychologist who believes in the theory of 'recovered' memories, that she suddenly remembered her 'ordeal'."

The only interview the sexual assault counsellor, who treated the woman eight year ago, was with the ABC's 'Four Corners' program. What did the counsellor actually say to 'Four Corners' concerning "theory of 'recovered' memories," and the woman's recollection of the event, in about six cessions with the her;

From ABC News,

The woman disclosed to her (the councillor) an allegation about a boy she referred to by his first name as Christian. The counsellor said the woman had sought out her services because she specialised in sexual assault. The counsellor told Four Corners that the woman was "extremely articulate", "not delusional", and volunteered the allegation of her own volition. She said there was no discussion of repressed or recovered memories. "She told me she had always remembered it," Somewhat different from the mhaze hogwash, note mhaze don't supply links so others can verify what he claims. Why is that?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-08/woman-told-counsellor-of-porter-rape-allegations-eight-years-ago/13221438
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 8 March 2021 10:30:15 AM
I read these 'columns' with great interest.
I have noticed that some responses can be a bit 'edgy'.
To draw attention to someone's factual inaccuracies is one thing.
To do it in a way which is accusatory is quite another.
In my opinion, we, here, are not involved in a heated debate.
We are in discussion mode.
We are here trying to sift facts from fiction, and individually use those facts to bring about a fuller understanding of a particular matter.
Having an educated and knowledgeable community is a good way to enable practical control over government?
This is necessary in our democratic system.
Sadly, in practice, it is not a majority which makes the decisions.
Instead, these are made by a few representatives chosen by one person.
And this is done in a closed session.
These few then tell the rest of the government how to vote.
Hardly democratic.
But it is the best we can do it seems.
A well informed community is better able to act as a brake on the, perhaps, overly fluid enthusiasm of those few?
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Monday, 8 March 2021 12:29:41 PM
Oh dear Paul. You do let yourself get led down the garden path, don't you.

Firstly the parents said they didn't want her to proceed with the complaint because they thought she'd "confected or embellished" the incident. FYI 'confected' means made-up.

Secondly the girl herself said she was referred to the book about recovered memories.

‘I had not previously heard of it, nor had I read it,’ she said in the statement.

She said she had a ‘better understanding’ of her memories after reading the book.

"This therapy, which is used to target horrific memories individuals may have forgotten because they were so traumatic, has been discredited in recent years.

Van der Kolk’s [the author of the book she read] therapy method has been criticised by other psychologists, including Harvard’s Richard McNally who labelled it ‘the worst catastrophe to befall the mental health field since the lobotomy era.’"

Little wonder that the police couldn't close the case quickly enough given those facts.

There is also a suggestion from others who were at the event all those years ago that she spent the day following the night of the claimed rape, with Porter. How many rape victims spend the next day socialising with their rapist?

Paul, like so many others you fail to recognise that the ABC is not an unbiased source. They have an agenda here and that's to get the minister and help the ALP. As such they will, as they always do, suppress unhelpful facts and offer up mere claims or assertions as though they are fact. Case in point. The girls therapist is not exactly a neutral observer given that she pointed the girl toward discredited therapies.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 8 March 2021 2:59:38 PM
Pray tell mhaze, where are you getting your 'facts" from, since the document in question has not been made public. I responded to your post below. I refuted it as being inaccurate, as the councillor in question had said just the opposite in her 'Four Corners' interview.

"It seems the women who claimed to have been raped, didn't even remember the incident for 28 years. It was only after being referred to a psychologist who believes in the theory of 'recovered' memories, that she suddenly remembered her 'ordeal'."

Provide your evidence that above is a true statement. Otherwise I can only conclude you are making it up.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 8 March 2021 3:31:54 PM
Unfortunately Mihze is correct about the ABC.
I was a frequent listener of ABC radio and watch Ch2 news each night.
On radio ABC 0COTWO 576 Khz is about as far left wing/green as you can go.
The bias of some announcers is blatant. They no longer pretend to be unbiased.
ABC News Radio is not so biased.
Paul, did you see the ABC TV news item where Scomo replied to an ABC
interviewer by saying it is all in this report and showed the backs of
ministers abruptly departing the scene giving the impression they
would not discuss it.
In fact when run on another station he answered a couple more
questions, one from the same ABC before they departed.
Tell me that is not biased editing !
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 8 March 2021 3:42:53 PM
Whoops, the previous post was supposed to be addressed to Paul.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 8 March 2021 3:46:30 PM
Paul writes:"Pray tell mhaze, where are you getting your 'facts" from"

Well lots of places. This information is being covered in the main-stream press as well as any number of blogs and the like. Since mny of these publications are paywalled, its difficult to know where to point you but this would be a starter....

http://morningmail.org/the-christian-porter-affair-grows/

IF you google "confected or embellished" you'll see any number of reports carrying information the ABC would prefer you didn't have. (Well actually I don't know that Google will help you but DDG certainly finds a large number of sites).

"Provide your evidence that above is a true statement. Otherwise I can only conclude you are making it up."

I feel that I've been down this road many times with Paul. Tell him something he doesn't want to be true and he'll demand evidence under penalty of being called a liar. Then after providing said evidence, suddenly Paul's nowhere to be found or has decided to move onto some other topic. We'll see what happens this time.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 8:46:06 AM
Paul,

How are you going on finding credible sources on believing people who were drunk at the time about which they are giving evidence?
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 11:05:59 AM
Goodonya Paul1405

You are on the right path, my friend. Only the infestation of anti-female extremists

(who have driven females from OLO commenter threads)

dismiss the hopes and dreams of 80% of humanity.

This'll give them something to think about http://youtu.be/79fzeNUqQbQ

Cheers
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 11:21:50 AM
"You are on the right path, my friend. Only the infestation of anti-female extremists

(who have driven females from OLO commenter threads)

dismiss the hopes and dreams of 80% of humanity"

Oh!! Go on!
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 1:25:06 PM
1. "MINISTERS UNDER FIRE FOR TAKING MENTAL HEALTH LEAVE"

"The roles of two senior cabinet ministers at the centre of the Parliament House rape allegations scandals have been called into question as the pair take time off for mental health and sick leave."

See http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/cruel-injustice-porter-reynolds-leave-021624308.html

First dear Linda and now Christian Poker. A baaad week to be Scottie.

2. If Albo had bollocks, and half a brain, he could be exploiting this situation. But no - Albos got Shorty, breathing down his neck, for the top job.
_________

3. P.S. And that's an understatement Issy.

Don't you know all humanity await OLO thread comments with baited breath :)
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 2:52:15 PM
CORRECTION:

Porker.
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 2:54:06 PM
Hmmm, Paul seems to have run away !
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 3:11:39 PM
Thanks mhaze for the link to this 'Morning Mail', claimed conservative-independent-patriotic-pathetic publication. Well I read it through, there is nothing in the piece that would be considered beneficial to the Porter defence. Nor is there any supporting evidence as your claim that the woman was unable to recollect the alleged rape until 2016, 28 years after the event. The woman had been in contact with a councillor in about 2013, her diary of 1989 contains notes about the alleged attack. There is nothing in the article that shows the councillor used any kind of "recovered memory therapy", the councillor emphatically denies any such therapy was used on the woman. The claim the 16 year old girl victim was paralytic drunk after a dinner evening. The girl supposedly was in the company of Porter at a Kings Cross nightspot, drinking heavily, how did these underage drinkers enter such premises, where was the chaperone, Mr Erskine, on this SUNDAY evening in 1988. I don't doubt alcohol was not involved, but I would be inclined to believe it was not purchased at a Kings Cross night spot, but supplied by someone older male to a child, for what purposes we can only speculate. As for Porter not recalling a conquest way back, 10th January 1988, I'm not surprised given Porter's reputation the 16 year old child may only be a distant memory in Porter's life of romance.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 5:03:03 PM
It makes interesting reading, but this is all assumption and speculation.
As far as I am aware, there is no clear-cut proof that a 'crime' was committed.
The woman withdrew her claim after making it to police?
No one is acting on her behalf to continue with her original claim?
So there is no crime to investigate.
At this point, nothing can be proven one way or the other.
The fair view, in such circumstances, is that no one should be considered guilty of any wrongdoing.
This includes the woman who alleged she was raped.
Idle speculation, if repeated often enough, can become a proven fact to some.
So it really needs to stop before it becomes harmful?
The animated and lengthy discussion, taking place in the community, rather reminds me of a dog with a bone.
Time to let the matter drop I think.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 6:52:01 PM
Struth Paul,

1. I did say there was lots on the www and invited you to go find it. I could have pointed you to a series of articles in the OZ but I knew that you'd just dismiss that as 'murdoch'. You have more ways to reject stuff you don't want to be true than you can shake a stick at.

2. I didn't say she had no recollection of the incident. I did say she didn't see it as rape until decades later.

3. I didn't say her therapist gave her memory recovery therapy but that she was referred for it. She, the dead girl, said she read the books on memory recovery and only then did she see it as rape.

4. It now seems, not only did she not see it as a rape but that she thought it was headed to marriage. It was only after meeting Porter years later with his wife did she realise that marriage was off the table even though she hadn't seen him for years. Jagged Edge anyone? Does that seem normal to you?

Ipso Facto writes: "The fair view, in such circumstances, is that no one should be considered guilty of any wrongdoing."

There used to be this 'thing' in a previous civilisation whereby one was considered innocent until proven guilty. We of course ditched that notion when the police/ABC decide to get Pell. Nonetheless in a better society with better people, Porter would be considered innocent.

As an aside, does anyone see the irony in having a therapist talking about the-rapist?

Let's she's not also and analyst.... http://arresteddevelopment.fandom.com/wiki/Analrapist
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 12:14:28 PM
Distort what you said all you like mhaze, its in black and white for all to see.

What people like you fail to realise is, we are dealing with the thought processes of a 16 year old child, not a mature adult, thinking that is easily manipulated by a shrewd operator, even one who is only 17 himself. Sure, at 16 the girl may have seen Porter as her "knight in shining armour", who would sweep her off her feet, marry her, and take her to his castle where they would live happily ever after. Child like thinking that a nefarious Porter could easily exploit to satisfy his lust.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 9:18:34 PM
Well this seems to happen a lot to poor old Paul.

He starts off believing everything he's fed by the ABC or whatever source he's decided to abrogate his opinions to. Then when he's told that the facts are different to what he so fervently believed, he acts astonished and demands proof for these new facts. (If only he'd been so incredulous at the outset he wouldn't have been led down the garden path - but Paul enjoys that path).

Now we are at the point where he realises that the facts are very different to what he hoped. Does that mean that next time he'll take what the ABC says with a grain of salt - not a chance.

So how to reconcile all this for poor old Paul? Well he's now created a fantasy world where poor innocent 16 yr old is manipulated into believing rape was ok by a fiendish 17. In his fantasy world, Paul imagines Porter as Snidely Whiplash and the girl as Sweet Nell Fenwick. I wonder if he sees himself as Dudley Do-Right? All a fantasy but it helps Paul to reconcile the facts with what he wants to be true.

I always like bringing up the Shorten rape because its proof positive that people like Paul aren't interested in the girl, just the politics. If Porter's girl is Sweet Nell, I wonder if Paul sees Shorten's girl as Lili Von Shtupp?
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 11 March 2021 7:16:09 AM
I just put on another thread a TV report on last night that the Lady
in question told this male friend that she had recently (some years
after the debate) that met Porter and had dinner with him.
The ABC appears to had this information for some time.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 11 March 2021 12:57:13 PM
Hi mehaze,

As a nonagenarian yourself I take it you are making a backhanded reference to my years of acquired knowledge and wisdom when you refer to me as "old". In the tracking of our celestial orbits I would be going over the Moon, whilst you would be orbiting somewhere around Uranus. I thankyou for the complement.

In an ideal egalitarian world maybe it would be right and proper to hold the person seeking the position of First Law Officer of the Land, a very high office indeed, in this case Christian Porter, to the same moral and ethical standards to that required of Sam the sewer cleaning man to hold his position. The idea that society set a basic minimum standard of decency and ethics that no one should fall below is good. However, that basic standard should not be used as the universal measure when a person is being judged for the roll of say, Attorney-General of Australia, a much higher standard should be applied. In the case of Christian Porter it can be clearly seen that he may have not met the high standard of decency and ethics the community demands of one holding such a position. Porter should stand aside while a full independent enquiry is held into his suitability for the roll.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 12 March 2021 4:36:55 AM
Paul writes: "As a nonagenarian yourself..."

Struth, even my parents haven't achieved that age as yet. Now it might elude Paul's logic facilities, but that means I haven't either. But Paul being wrong again is what makes the day seem right.

Having had all his 'facts' (in reality, stuff told to him by the ABC that he wants to be true) shot down in a flaming wreak, Paul now meekly demands that someone investigate something that happened 30 odd years ago where one of the only two witnesses says it didn't happen and the other is no longer with us.

Logically its bonkers. But as I said this isn't about logic or women's rights, or justice. Its all about politics. Porter's a Liberal so any means to get him is OK. Shorten's not, so Paul can't even bring himself to mention that issue.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 12 March 2021 6:58:57 AM
I quote: In the case of Christian Porter it can be clearly seen that he may have not met the high standard of decency and ethics the community demands of one holding such a position.
My comment: I cannot agree it is 'clearly seen'.
Quite the opposite.
An allegation.
Allegation withdrawn.
No acceptable evidence.
A publicly stated firm and heartfelt denial.
We cannot do other than treat Mr Porter as an innocent man.
He is entitled to continue his life, and perform all duties attached to his chosen 'endeavours', without further hindrance.
I wish him well.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Friday, 12 March 2021 9:36:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy