The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia-China relationship chills > Comments

Australia-China relationship chills : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 1/12/2020

Policymakers persist in US-centric orientation to their detriment

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Here's something interesting:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/australia-and-us-to-build-advanced-missiles-to-deter-china/ar-BB1bzWQa

Talking about turning up the heat!

Also saw another news item from today where Biden is buying into the Australia-China conflict expressing support for Australia against Chinese aggression.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 3 December 2020 3:26:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PS

Is this the New Cold War?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 3 December 2020 3:26:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Anyone with any logic would have known ten years ago a new Cold War was looming.

What did you expect? The west to lie down and surrender?
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 3 December 2020 3:40:49 PM
Chris Lewis,

I don't agree with you.

Most people do not have the knowledge and training or even time and temperament to work things out or allow they tend to their bias or prejudice to cloud their thinking.

Those in the pro-Cina camp like Foul-Mouth, Foxy and david f are in the latter category of people.

I think we're in for fun and games chasing reds from under beds.

I assume the centrality of a New Cold War will be all about containment of Chinese imperial expansionism.

Might get to see Foul-Mouth, Foxy and david f rendezousing with A North Korean sub off a secluded Australian beach in their effort to sneak out of the country and report to the CCP.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 3 December 2020 3:55:41 PM
Have a look at this news item:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/perth-museum-changes-exhibit-after-chinese-consulate-complains/ar-BB1bAUXD

Then get down on your hands and knees and start kowtowing to China because you should now realise just how much control the Chinese have over your lives.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 4 December 2020 5:57:21 AM
MR O, you are easily intimidated.

I read that article and thought, so what.

How about looking at the big picture and what is happening at the federal policy level, both here and in the USA. And then throw in India, Japan and other nations.

I am looking forward to reading your OLO piece where you can display your prowess.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 4 December 2020 10:09:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All