The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > On television advertising > Comments

On television advertising : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 2/10/2020

Over the past few months I have become more and more aware of, interested even, in what passes for advertising on our commercial TV channels, and on the SBS as well.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
LOUDmouth,

It's good to see you have accepted your Asianess.

Australia is now one of the principal Asian nation-states all thanks to the Asianization process (aka Australian Multiculturalism) that took place during the Great Asianization Period (1980-2020) in Australian history.

You and I have accepted our Asian identity but there are a lot on OLO who are refusing to do so because they cannot bring themselves to make the cultural leap from Australianess into Asianess.

Our hope lies with the younger generation who were born towards the end of the Great Asianization Period (1980-2020) and see themselves a Asians.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 5 October 2020 1:10:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting comments. I must check out some advertising rather than mute,change channels or go or a drink and nibble when advertising comes on.
Posted by GBC, Monday, 5 October 2020 2:48:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
GBC,

Pay close attention to the content of the ads and how the ads are specifically aimed at certain groups of people especially now that Australia is an Asian nation state and that Australians have come to share an Asian identity as a result of the Asianization process (aka Australian Multiculturalism) of the Great Asianization Period (1980-2020) in Australian history.

Banking commercials on TV tend to focus more on the Chinese as a group because they seem to be the ones with money and property in Australia.

See how many other examples you can find.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 5 October 2020 2:59:05 PM
I had the SBS on for some time today & I'm unsure what was shown more, promos or actual programmes.
I had to turn it off, it just ecame too insane to tolerate. The people in charge of the programming must be close to brain-dead !
There was a super show on yesterday-Morocco from the Air but again, it was spoiled by the repetitive promos.
Posted by individual, Monday, 5 October 2020 5:11:19 PM
Mr O,

The wife has had a bad knee for sometime, nothing has worked for her. She is a believer in Chinese herbal medicine. A trip to the 'Hunamuna' for a consultation, then capsules containing a mix of concentrated plant root, leaves and bark, etc etc, along with a very strong herbal tea to drink. Following a mystical reading, yep, her knee has in a few days come good. She is back doing her water exercises. Amazing.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 5 October 2020 8:45:10 PM
Hi Paul,

You learn so much on OLO !

I was reconciled to sticking with Osteomol, but I'll give mystical readings a go now, why didn't I think of it before :)

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Monday, 5 October 2020 8:55:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy