The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump Mapping Committee needs to break its deafening silence > Comments

Trump Mapping Committee needs to break its deafening silence : Comments

By David Singer, published 24/8/2020

Peace between Jews and Arabs after 100 years of unresolved conflict - promised with President Trump's release of his deal of the century on 28 January - has stalled - with the continuing failure to produce a map.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Much easier to turn to the books of Daniel and Ezekiel, with a smattering of the Apocalypse of John, and awaited the rising of the anti-Christ, than hope for Peace at the hands of Israelis. (Number one),

And number two; peace from the PLO which I can't get past, Arafat and Idi Amin and its Marxists upbringing, bringing along with it a coalition of left leaning Western Governments with similar traits, negotiating with the Anti-Christ Uncle Donald.

I think the good Uncle is pragmatic enough to know it just ain't gunna work.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 24 August 2020 8:44:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"The Committee needs to break its deafening silence to confirm that Trump's vision is geographically achievable - not simply a shimmering mirage."
Rarely do I agree with David Singer, but on this occasion I suspect he is right on the money.
Trump is just hoping his plan will get him the Jewish vote in the coming election, but it will backfire and that will serve him right.
David T
Posted by VK3AUU, Monday, 24 August 2020 9:09:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is heartening to see Israeli foreign policy, as communicated through David, is becoming more even-handed. Even-handed in criticising the Trump Administration's distracted and thin policy framework toward Israel-West Bank.

This is the first sign of Israeli "hedging" ie. Israel is showing it is flexible enough to contemplate a Biden win in the Presidency. A Biden Administration would be sure to have its own interpretation of Trump's "deal of the century".

Israel is but a minor concern for Trump Administration at present. The reason for this is that Trump's daughter's husband, Jared Kushner, is the main foreign policymaker concerning Israel. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Kushner#Middle_East_peace_plan

Kushner is naturally preoccupied with the Re-Election campaign of his father-in-law as President. In this sense Israel is an afterthought.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 24 August 2020 11:41:09 AM
Perhaps the deal maker could sell Australia to the Palistinians for a proverbial song, so that they can have a homeland to replace the one stolen from them by outside forces, disposing of the spoils of war?

I mean, what's legitimate ownership got to do wih it, got to do with it?

Imagine, David, that the great exodus by God's chosen poeple was just another lie by land thieves extrodinare?

To give legitimatimacy to their original, this land is mine, God gave this land to me, acquisitions? And continued on as they sort to expand previously purloined land, robbed by former slaves, where they stood, from former masters? In a mau mau style rebellion and bloodletting? And given the emerging archological evidence! A very persuasive theory indeed!

Trump may need more than the powerful monied Jewish diaspora to save his hide come November, may need more than a Postmaster General sabotaging the mail system and may need more than diabolically disingenuous wordsmiths/birds of a feather, to get him over the hump as the truth emerges from his own family?

Should he fail in November, London to a brick, this pussy-grabbing misogynist may do time for tax evasion a la, Al Capone? All White?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 24 August 2020 12:48:14 PM
The whole issue has dragged on and been unresolved and unresolvable for a century. President upon president have tried and failed.

Trump gets the closest of any of them and now has Israeli and Arab in discussion and in partnership.

Yet since he hasn't solved a century old problem in 6 months, its claimed he's failed.

Great analysis there.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 24 August 2020 1:07:13 PM
Meanwhile in Gaza a Palestinian child whispers to his mother in fear "Mum, Hide Me! I'm Scared!" as Israeli warplanes bomb this besieged country for 9th consecutive night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y872geJLiQ
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 24 August 2020 1:47:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy