The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump Mapping Committee needs to break its deafening silence > Comments

Trump Mapping Committee needs to break its deafening silence : Comments

By David Singer, published 24/8/2020

Peace between Jews and Arabs after 100 years of unresolved conflict - promised with President Trump's release of his deal of the century on 28 January - has stalled - with the continuing failure to produce a map.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Meanwhile in Gaza a Palestinian child......

http://youtu.be/rbyrPUP218Q
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 25 August 2020 8:44:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Damn my friend you really are an apologist for all and sundry at the moment aren't you. Why link to a piece of propaganda lovingly stitched together so lovingly by those who wish to be absolved of the sin of 'mowing the grass' when the mood suits them?

Look at the title "Palestinian Kindergarten Children Taught To Kill and Kidnap Jews".

No they weren't. In one very real sense they we celebrating those who stand and fight against the occupation of their country. It is rightly disturbing. Although unlikely to be indicative of every kindergarten in Gaza it is the product of a hyper-militerised society enduring incredible stress and trauma in trying to hold on to a small piece of land without brutal occupying forces on every corner.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 25 August 2020 9:48:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh my apologise SR. I was just trying to help you out. I know how scrupulously even-handed you are and that only being able to post pro-Palestinian propaganda must have left you mortified.

So I thought I help you out by showing the other-side of the issue, which I'm sure is what you really long for.

Golda Meir: " "When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons. Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us."

By those criteria, peace is a long way off.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 25 August 2020 12:35:06 PM
Dear mhaze,

You wrote; “So I thought I help you out by showing the other-side of the issue, which I'm sure is what you really long for.”

No, the other side of the issue would have been to show Israeli children crouched in fear because of the incendiary balloons being released by some groups in Gaza.

However balloon vs fighter jets carrying 500lb JADAM bombs doesn't seem that rosy a picture to paint does it.

As to Meir's quote it might just as well be written; "When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Israelis for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons. Peace will come when the Israelis will love their children more than they want to dispossess us of our land."

The fact that hundreds of thousands of Israeli settlers drag their families into a militarised occupation zone in order to thieve more land off the Palestinian people shows less regard for the safety of their children than tit does for hyper-Zionism.

Australia use to recognise who were the under dogs in any scrap and show our support. Much of that has dissipated as our fawning over your president increases. This really isn't who we are and thankfully some of us are waking up.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 25 August 2020 1:06:07 PM
Oh, my mistake. So you don't want to show both sides?

"Australia use to recognise who were the under dogs in any scrap and show our support. "

Yes that's why Australia generally sides with Israel. But I don't think that started with Trump. Its been going on for several decades.
I think your TDS is showing.

OTOH, if the Palestinians really wanted to keep their children safe, they'd stop launching missiles, mortars, balloons and suicide bombers from Gaza into Israel and thus prompting retaliation. If they got on with creating prosperity for their state rather than trying to win an ideological war on behalf of Tehran, their kids would be a whole lot better off now and into the future.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 25 August 2020 2:00:01 PM
Dear mhaze,

Oh FFS. How on earth are you deeming there is any equivalence in this?

For the last 50 years the Palestinians haven't occupied great swathes of Israel, imposed a brutal blockade of millions of its citizens, imprisoned, killed, tortured and maimed tens of thousands of Israelis.

Israel has used highly sophisticated weaponry given to them by the US to slaughter thousands on a regular basis. The Palestinians have used home made munitions to defend themselves and their land.

The Davids in this story are the Palestinians, not their brutal occupiers.

So 'if the Israelis really wanted to keep their children safe, they'd stop launching missiles, mortars, tank rounds, high explosive bombs and sniper fire into Palestine. They would stop brutalising and killing those they have occupied. They would stop moving their citizens into the occupied territories, an act which is contrary to international law and UN resolutions.

And I haven't once mentioned your president so why bring him into our conversation and run the inane TDS flag up the pole yet again?

http://www.btselem.org/routine_founded_on_violence/20200820_soldiers_assault_mutasem_qawasmeh_at_checkpoint_near_hebron

“The soldier who had Qawasmeh’s wallet asked in Hebrew: “What is this”? When Qawasmeh could not reply in Hebrew, he swore at him and kicked him in the ribs and abdomen. Another soldier joined in, and together they swore at Qawasmeh and kicked him again. When he fell down, they demanded he get up. When he could not get up, three of the soldiers pounced on him, hitting him with the butts of their rifles and kicking his back. When Qawasmeh’s friends tried to turn around to see what was happening to him, the soldier who was guarding them pushed them with the butt of his rifle and forbade them from turning.”
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 25 August 2020 2:45:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy