The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Preposterous political posturing > Comments

Preposterous political posturing : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 31/7/2020

I just couldn't believe it. 'Coon' is no longer to be the name of a well-known style of cheese.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Dan. There was a trap set an you and a number of others walked right into it. Given it pushed your buttons.

And made a name change vastly more important than the worst pandemic in living memory!

More important than a recovery from the worst finacial crisis since the Great Depression! And given we are still in the middle of the pandemic. Perhaps a financial crisis that could make the Great Depression, look like a Sunday School picnic, in comparison?

Divided us yet again at the one time in our history, when we absolutey need to pull together, almost as if we were in the fight of our lives, against a common enemy. A common enemy that has harmed or infected over 16 million of us thus far and killed over 600,000!

And like the suckers some of you are, you walked right into Don's clever trap! And as a divesion from what we need to put our collective minds to!

It really is a case of divided we fall! united we stand, our backs to the wall. Against a common foe that takes no prisoners and takes every chance it can to hurt, harm and kill a many as it can. And with our complicit cooperation, as we rebel against the shutdowns and the reduction of our freedoms, the only weapons we have to take the fight to this mindless monster.

I mean, what rattles your cage? A harmless name chance? Really? Got your priorities right, eh mate? You think you and yours are not in the pandemic's crosshairs, maybe? That you're alright Jack? Is that who you are along with your fellow travelers?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 2 August 2020 4:44:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear diver dan,

Trap? Lol. You do have an imaginative mind young fella.

Still no instance on me being disparaging to renters? I wonder why that would be?

It seems I have ripped the scab off your festering racism and called it out for what it is. This will enabled the ordinary reader to assess your poisonous attitudes and reflect on whether there is still a deep seated issue of racism within our community.

Without this, in your case overt racism, we wouldn't be needing to change anything. But the attitude you have displayed is just another reason why we need to act.

Thank you for helping to make the case.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 2 August 2020 7:46:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear gouger

I think your case was made when your mother dropped you out between her legs, head first onto a cement floor. Makes sense, nothing else about you does!

Alan B

I've actually hung up the violin for the day, but for you old son, anything. What tune should I play?
What about here comes the bride fair fat and wide...you wave the rainbow flag!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 2 August 2020 8:30:05 PM
Aww Dan, don't get too upset mate, all we are doing is having a bit of a spar on line and I have hammed it up a bit. No bones broken, no teeth loosened. So your ego might be a bit bruised, and your credibility has taken a body blow, and any regard people might have had for you has copped a flogging, but these are not physical. I know lashing out seems justifiable, and if makes you feel a little better I suppose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Relax old chap, you will be the better for it.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 3 August 2020 9:43:40 AM
Well SteeleRedux, you didn't take your marbles and run home to mommy.
You stuck around, well done!

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 3 August 2020 12:14:19 PM
Dear diver dan,

I have never stopped engaging with people on this forum because they have attacked me personally. It is when they repeatedly go after people with ugly, often misogynistic attacks, particularly those who don't deserve it, that I end up cutting them loose.

In for a penny, in for a pound.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 3 August 2020 1:37:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy