The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Stop listening to public health doctors > Comments

Stop listening to public health doctors : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 15/6/2020

Keeping the surge of infections below the capacity of our health system could have been achieved by moderate social distancing and personal disinfection.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
thanks for persisting with the truth mHaze. Joe is suffering severely with TDS. Just goes to show you what hatred can do. Seemed so sensible on so many fronts but when it comes to Covid throws all rationale out the window.
Posted by runner, Monday, 15 June 2020 7:59:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Giday runner

Just over 115,000 Americans have died due to Trump's mismanagement that has Boosted Coronavirus.

Over 50,000 that Trump killed are woman - with 1,000s of those women being of childbearing age.

Hence Trump has killed 1,000s of babies because they can never be born.

Making TRUMP AMERICA'S GREATEST ABORTIONIST!

What do you say to that?
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 15 June 2020 8:16:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
plantagenet

you obviously failed maths miserably let alone being taught any honesty.
Posted by runner, Monday, 15 June 2020 8:26:07 PM
Chris Lewis,

I have great respect for your views however I think this comment is not well considered;
' the overwhelming Australian majority say well done to Australian governments for their responses to the coronavirus',
While currently accurate, in view of newly revealed and unfolding analysis, it might change in a couple of months to;
'the majority of Australians might well say, the viral governments overwhelming "conronavirus" reaction was an utterly disastrous response.'

Cheers Keith Kennelly
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 12:09:24 AM
Queensland's Doctor Jeanette Young's experience, before becoming a health bureaucrat, was in ER doctoring.

Yep that's what we needed to guide our response to an infectious viral pandemic. Someone who's only practical experience in health was as an emergency doctor.

The American Dr Anthony Fauci was an Immunologist with experience in infectious diseases, and even he looks to have got a great deal wrong.

Dr Jeanette Young on two occasions contradicted herself. First on the reason for the lockdown, flattening the curve to prevent the overwhelming of our health system. Now apparently wanting to eliminate the virus entirely.
Secondly, initially that the schools and students wouldn't be in peril, then advising they close and putting in place all sorts of regulations and protocols to make them safe. when reopened..

Yep overreaction and now stupidly going on for far too long.
Th ecurve was flattened over a month ago. I wrote and was published in the CM then, 'Shutdown the Lockdown.' The CM editorial concurred
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 12:31:09 AM
According to this article, the problem with government is just its poor performance because it receives poor advice that causes it to make extreme decrees even while more moderate decrees would suffice. This fails to address the real problem.

Well sorry, I actually think that the Australian government's performance in this particular crisis, given the numerous unknowns that we faced, while less than perfect, is quite remarkable.

I wonder why the author beats around the bush: the problem is government's existence, not its performance!

The actual horror is that some group of people (for this after all is what government is, with no other supernatural binding), is able to command unrelated others by arbitrary decrees, under threat of violence, how they should live. They can for example threaten, "If you visit your grandmother; or if you worship God, fulfilling your duty to Him in ways we do not approve, then we will throw you in jail, and should you try to resist, we shall kill you" - "we are more important than your grandmother, we are more important even than God".

We did not freely chose to live with the virus, but also we (at least some of us) never freely chose to live with that gang. Both were forced on us (as a result of our sins, to be exact), but while the virus is an "act of God", that government-gang is an act of man. Which of them should we fear more?

"So Gad went to David and said to him, “Shall there come on you three years of famine in your land? Or three months of fleeing from your enemies while they pursue you? Or three days of plague in your land? Now then, think it over and decide how I should answer the one who sent me. David said to Gad, “I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of the Lord, for his mercy is great; but do not let me fall into human hands.”" [2 Samuel 24:13-14]
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 1:49:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy