The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Flattening the curve or just muddling on? > Comments

Flattening the curve or just muddling on? : Comments

By Graham Young, published 22/4/2020

While they are still talking about 'flattening the curve' they appear to want to eliminate new infections before they start relaxing restrictions, and that's a confusing message.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Yes Joe two thousand deaths! People of 90 with their whole life in front of them, with so much to contribute and so healthy! Australia's youngest was late fifties and I bet was a very unhealthy person or else we would have been bombarded by this fact by the fake news.
Before you start on me I am 73, overweight, unhealthy and want to go back to enjoying my life. You know before Victoria was run by some poncy medico who stops fishing and rides his dopey bike!
Posted by JBowyer, Sunday, 26 April 2020 7:11:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LOUDmouth,

Apology accepted. (That's just the sort of guy I am.)
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 26 April 2020 7:11:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JBowyer,

So in Sweden, nineteen hundred people have died unnecessarily ? And perhaps forty eight thousand people in the US ? And maybe nineteen thousand in the UK ? Etc. Etc.

Yes, you're right, all those extra people had mostly had their lives already, but I don't think they deserved to die because of that. If you were to become infected at 73, I don't think that the health system should neglect you or ignore your needs. You have as much rights as anybody else to proper health care.

But of course, you may wish to advocate for a sort of scale of entitlements, with yourself well down the ladder ? Thank Christ, you don't have that 'power'.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Sunday, 26 April 2020 7:52:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Joe (loudmouth2), Ok you didn’t like the messenger and perhaps the message.

This one is from a scientist of international standing and someone who is an expert in understanding the difference between herd immunity and social distancing as well as the implications of our intended route to get out of lockdown. He is also a Coronavirus expert, he knows what he’s talking about.

It’s long, if you can’t read the entire document, at least read his summary on the bottom of the article. It is definitely worth the read.

Start about 6 paragraphs down as his document is introduced by a third person.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2020/04/25/coming-out-of-lockdown-unprepared/

Regards
Galen
Posted by Galen, Monday, 27 April 2020 1:11:43 AM
Oh Joe! I do not have any power, apart from common sense which is anything but common.
People are dying as I write and as you read mate. My point is that I don't want some overblown, power mad medico having the power you are afraid could go to me. If we free things up you can scare the bejesus out of people ten times a day to keep them inside. Will you or Doctor Richard Cranium accept responsibility for the depression and suicide following this, no I did not think so.
I understand your concern with 20 Australians needing respirators and only 3,000 available. With most hospitals with only a quarter of the patients that could be treated. Compassion for corona victims and plenty of it! Cancer and elective patients hung out to dry but woke medico's following the latest fashion!
I will say it again when Andrews and his gang take a pay cut or impose one on highly paid beuracrats I will consider this an emergency!
Posted by JBowyer, Monday, 27 April 2020 7:06:28 AM
Sr,
how come you're talking about Stockholm when the discussion was about Sweden in total? Is it because the Swedish numbers don't support your approved narrative while the Stockholm numbers kinda, sorta do?

Funny, when I wanted to talk about the effect of the NYC numbers on the US data, you acted as though you'd never heard of the place.

"What if due to the massive effort into finding treatments and vaccines which will allow the world to properly get on to of this succeed and are brought online in a few months then those deaths in Sweden and the UK will rightly be deemed unnecessary."

Yes. Indeed its been said elsewhere that the only thing that will show the Swedish option to have been wrong, and the lockdown option right, is if a vaccine is found and distributed in the next month or two. But as I said earlier, betting the bank on rolling double-6 doesn't seem terribly prudent.

"[If China] has decided to attempt eradication"

The only thing China is trying to eradicate is the evidence that the are the source of the virus and that, in trying to hide that fact from the outset, they created the pandemic.
It takes a special kind of naivety to think that China can or has eradicate the virus in their realm or that they would even seriously think they could. But there will be the usual promoters of their propaganda. Communist regimes change but useful idiots are a constant.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 27 April 2020 11:44:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy