The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > As the fires rage, we glimpse the evolving abnormal > Comments

As the fires rage, we glimpse the evolving abnormal : Comments

By Lyn Bender, published 11/2/2020

This has been the summer when we have been forced to see what we have collectively sought to avoid.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
This is divisive BS writ large! The colonial invasion? What you think those emaciated walking corpses that clanked ashore, their leg irons clanking around their ankles were invaders or here by choice!?

Or when the potato famine hit Ireland those left as indentured servants ( slaves) for the term of the indenture (20 years) had a choice, wanted to self-exile in a strange and hostile stone age land where their very survival depended on how well they could shoot and hunt.

Remember those were very different times and every country on earth has had alleged invasions time and time again. And no different here!

The Irish were by and large transported political prisoners and displaced exiles from their own homeland and the Scots subject to the highland clearances almost the same and others guilty of stealing a few crusts to survive.

That was a very different world and many of us came later or were already here and can't be called by any stretch of the imagination, invaders.

Remember that this land was settled in waves of invasion long before the first whitefella stepped ashore. My white ancestor came with the second fleet and was a transported slave who escaped and lived with the natives for some years where he took a (first of the first) partner and produced several pickaninnies

. I'm really really tired of all this invasion BS. I wasn't even born yet and even to this day have little say in anything.

I count my blessings and our Anzac heroes for the fact we did not become a colony of Imperial Japan and when the Author would really have something to bitch and moan about as some sort of professional victim!?

So you really want reconciliation and recognition? LOL
TBC. Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 11 February 2020 5:07:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I refuse to go on a guilt trip at the behest of a black armband, divisive activist.

Who has most assuredly and shamefully used the tragedy of those horrendous bush fire to score some very nasty and divis political points!

And sets up the truth and reconciliation referendum very nicely? You think!?

I' personally have had an absolute bellyful of this devise Author and her control-freak activism?

There are things we need to do and refighting the colonial wars is not one of them. There'ss so much BS in this space and so much vested interest in this or that maniacal outcome?

I feel I'm just wasting my time casting pearls before swine?

Read my earlier comments on nuclear power (all of them)and all the economic upsides we as a united and sharing nation could have if we just didn't have the naysays and shite stirrers seeking their own tiny tiny personal agendas
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 11 February 2020 5:19:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where's the money coming from for all of these power stations?

From the people it should come from, those who use it !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 11 February 2020 6:25:25 PM
Individual. At least we agree about that.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 11 February 2020 9:45:09 PM
VK3AUU and individual,

How about the Commonwealth awards a build and operate contract to a Chinese state-owned construction company for the new power stations.

The contractor is paid for the construction by the Commonwealth using Australian taxpayers' money.

The contractor operates the power plants for the economic life of the plants, collecting all the money from its customers for itself.

All of the contractor's profits over its period of ownership are channeled to the Chinese Communist Party who use it to build up its military forces for an invasion of Australia.

How does that sound? A win-win situation for all?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 12 February 2020 7:03:06 AM
Come on Mr O, you can't have it both ways.

You keep telling us the Chinese have already bough the place & now own it & us. Why the hell would they want to invade, & perhaps damage, their own property?
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 12 February 2020 11:29:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy