The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When did the bushfires become woke? > Comments

When did the bushfires become woke? : Comments

By Vanessa de Largie, published 10/1/2020

If Australia is so 'diverse', 'inclusive' and 'anti-bigotry' as we make out to be - then why make a habit of singling out race at all?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Your commentary on are woke society folks is very much apt and that is the very nature of our media, social-media "look at me" society. The left hunts and gathers minority groups. As an ex teacher and lecturer, I am appalled at the lack of balance in the curriculae and content deleivered to our children. This allows them to gather votes/minds to their woke party to replace the working people who used to be their core base. In this era, we need to survey as wide a range of views on important issues to ensure the best chance of getting a balanced view.

As an ex teacher and lecturer, I am appalled at the lack of balance in the curricula and content delivered to our children. and this prepares them to enter the woke society our media environments have created.

So for those who only watch/listen to the ABC, Aljazeera, CNN, FOX or only listen only to Alan Jones on 2GB, then you will only hear what you want to hear, and as such you will be easily led and remain sheltered from reality.

The author did however shoot themselves in the foot a bit, in that they are guilty of tagging on to the bushfire interest (just as Riki J warned Hollywood luvies not to), and then focused the majority of the article on wokeness etc.
Posted by Alison Jane, Friday, 10 January 2020 7:52:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PS I am not a great fan of Riki Gervais, but that clip from the GG awards you included is the best I seen from him in ages, but then as its his last gig, he must have felt free to let rip at that room full of self-opiniated, ill-informed hypocrites.
Posted by Alison Jane, Friday, 10 January 2020 8:37:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Virtue-signalling do-gooders who are big on grandstanding and small on sincerity."

So true!

" ….. the heroism of multicultural Australia with headlines such as, "Sikh group giving free hot meals to bushfire victims hailed as legends" and "This is the Australian way: Muslims donate 36,000 bottles of water to firefighters" and "This is Australia: Muslim heroes travel to fire-ravaged Victoria to cook meals for firefighters battling the blaze".

More expected insincerity from the same people who push multiculturalism, then act surprised when multicultis do something normal. If I was a Sikh or a Muslim, I would be offended to think my religion had to be mentioned every time I farted; that if I wanted to do a good deed, I needed tobe labelled as somehow different from all other kind-hearted and thoughtful people. But, that's the smarmy Left for you.

Not sure that a permanent resident classed as Australian, though. If you don't go the full job, you shouldn't be entitled to the description.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 10 January 2020 8:55:58 AM
The national emergency has seen various minorities making various donations of extraordinary unusual generosity! And so noted without upsetting anyone save folks like the serially disgruntled Author, who'd rather stay true to the arm's length racial separation and the ghettoising of various recent immigrants along religious or ethnic lines?

This is a time where we come together and are not assisted by segregationist, disgruntled commentary!

Former immigrants, Irish, Greek, Italian are proud of their origins and contributions as are most Asians, only more recent immigrants are determined to remain aloof and uninvolved

Given they clearly see themselves as the only true believers and are racially superior?

I don't agree with this divisive commentary or any need to take umbrage at the promulgation of various ethenic groups rising to the fore and being extraordinarily generous at this time when all such donations are very gratefully accepted and welcomed.

Thank you one and all for your generosity, be you a Seik Australian, a Lebanese Australian or an Egyptian Australian or any other ethnic minority!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 10 January 2020 10:21:05 AM
I agree that advertising agencies inserting ethnics into TV advertising are doing their customers a disservice. I automatically mark down a company who's adds use ethnics of obviously not Oz extraction in their adds. If it is heavy use, they are off my shopping list. I don't mind ethnics at all, but if a company decides it is the ethnic market they desire, I can take a hint.

It can get even worse. A seller of cooked chicken had an add a couple of years back using 3 actors of obviously African extraction. Not good, but it got worse. When the people started talking it was with a pommy accent. Obviously this was a pommy ethnic aimed add, using pommy people, & the fools were too cheap to even dub Ozzie accents over the thing.

If they want my custom they should never have cheapscated by not making Oz adds in Oz with Ozzie people.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 10 January 2020 11:02:15 AM
Okay I'm smelling a beat up.

From the article;

"In the past week, there has been article after article in the mainstream media about the heroism of multicultural Australia with headlines such as, "Sikh group giving free hot meals to bushfire victims hailed as legends" and "This is the Australian way: Muslims donate 36,000 bottles of water to firefighters" and "This is Australia: Muslim heroes travel to fire-ravaged Victoria to cook meals for firefighters battling the blaze"."

Well to call them Muslim heroes was a bit rich even for me and I was interested to see where the quote came from. The author gave links to the first two quote and I don't have an issue with either even if the second did come from the UK Daily Mail. But the third one about heroes does not have a reference and a google search draws a blank.

That of course is not definitive so I will hold judgement for now, but if it turns out to be concocted then the author needs to retract and apologise.

So can anyone shed some light on where the headline "This is Australia: Muslim heroes travel to fire-ravaged Victoria to cook meals for firefighters battling the blaze" is sourced?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 10 January 2020 12:51:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy