The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Climate cultism on the march > Comments

Climate cultism on the march : Comments

By Charles Essery, published 20/9/2019

Preliminary warmup rally calls of 'Or should we become climate rebels?' from 'gurus', such as Tim Flannery this week, do not bode well.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Hey Bazz,
So whats the bigger picture here?

The planet does go through cycles of warming and cooling.
Scientists note this warming, start pulling their hair out;
Some only see whats in front of them, while others see 'the bigger picture';

The ones that have tunnel vision and only see whats in front of them, they're the ones getting the grants and the narrative, because these useful idiots are playing into a larger 'One World Government' agenda.

The same agenda that seeks to promotes gays, feminism, identity politics, nationalists as racists; etc.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 25 September 2019 8:01:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC I made a mistake in this sentance;
Then the cosmic rays are diverted away when the magnetic field is
strong but when it is weak they react with water vapour and form more
clouds than when the field is weak.

The last word should have been "strong"

The authors say that the IPCC models do not take into account the
effect of clouds. Because of that they let their effect on earth's
temperature be allocated to CO2.
I suspect that was not done deliberately but simply because it was there.
So people who use that site will not hear about this particular
theory. I guess that is the idea.

It is early days yet as it was only published 2 1/2 months ago.
It is extraordinary that a site like Conversation will block anyone
whose scientific opinion they do not like.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 25 September 2019 8:42:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No matter how the GW, CC mob try to sell it now, they are "persona non grata".
They have gone too far.
They have been "on the edge", since they began this unconscionable little foray into the world of extreme forecasts of doom and gloom.
The elite can go and get stuffed now, the "science"is slowly banking up on them and their "One World" agenda.
I was infuriated and still am quite angry at the sight of that arrogant, jumped up, smart arse of a "child", for her pathetic attempt at a vociferous and egregious attempt to sell her flawed agenda.
All she has proven is that she is a prostitute, an actor, and a giant con!
She has done herself and her cause no good.
What a major bitch.
How dare a nobody, know nothing, like her call out "anyone", for something she doesn't even know the first thing about.
That was pathetic and her "handlers" should be charged with "child grooming", and the lot of them jailed for attempting to garner support and sympathy, which of course leads to other personal benefits or gains.
And to top it all off, she is a hypocrite to boot.
I hope there is such a thing as karma, and she and her lot suffer the wrath of hell for attempting such a grievous and personal attack on mankind for her own purely personal and selfish reasons and gains.
DISGUSTING!
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 25 September 2019 10:51:43 AM
" what physical property of CO2 do you want me to ignore that would allow me to dismiss that increasing the concentration of this important greenhouse gas will have no impact of global temperatures?"

Don't ignore those properties. Just learn more about them.

Learn how their warming effect is logarithmic.

Learn how they only absorb heat at certain wave-lengths.

Learn how water vapour also absorbs at those wave-lengths and much more effectively.

Learn how, at the concentrations of CO2 now and in the future, the effects, sans feedbacks, are unconcerning.

Learn how the minor warming caused by CO2 at current concentrations could well be (and probably have in the past) offset by negative feedbacks.

So don't ignore the little you do know. Just learn a whole lot more to see the nuance of the issue.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 25 September 2019 12:36:22 PM
Hey Bazz,

I found the article:

Cook, J., et al. 'Quantifying the consensus on anthropogenic global warming in the scientific literature', Environmental Research Letters 8 (2), 2013.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 25 September 2019 6:25:59 PM
So, we have GW & CC, what do the proponents propose to be done for resolving this ? Surely,
after several years of rambling on about something they contributed to, one would think they could mention the solutions in a heartbeat ?
My solution is birth control & living within our means. What's theirs ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 25 September 2019 10:57:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy