The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What’s in a PhD? > Comments

What’s in a PhD? : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 5/9/2019

Is a doctoral degree necessary for success in Southeast Asia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Obtaining a PhD does not equal sense or healthy mentality. It simply proves that the student has a very good memory !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 5 September 2019 6:58:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear individual,

Are you speaking from personal experience?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 5 September 2019 7:20:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Opinion,
Yes, plenty, I've worked alongside & spent plenty of time with quite a number of Phd type people. Hence my assessment/conclusion based on averages from my experiences. One in particular who remains in my memory was at one stage one of the highest Judges in the land.
His ignorance was excruciating.
But the # 1 spot belongs to a Doctor.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 5 September 2019 9:36:04 PM
Dear individual,

And what about yourself? What is your personal experience in doing your degrees?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 5 September 2019 9:39:13 PM
A PhD is a very useful thing to have: you can receive medicines from overseas by mail, addressed "To: Dr. Such_and_Such" without them being confiscated!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 6 September 2019 1:45:22 AM
And what about yourself? What is your personal experience in doing your degrees?
Mr Opininon,
My interests & needs & requirements are in the practical field & would therefore be much hindered by a degree.
Posted by individual, Friday, 6 September 2019 7:12:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy