The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What’s in a PhD? > Comments

What’s in a PhD? : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 5/9/2019

Is a doctoral degree necessary for success in Southeast Asia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
You can't be a sociologist yourself
Mr Opinion,
If you were to look up the word 'Integrity' in a Dictionary you'd find and, most likely much to your surprise, that many people still have enough integrity not to actually want to suffer the humiliation of being a Sociologist i.e. of no use to fellow Citizens !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 7 September 2019 9:05:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear individual,

I see you have got case of sour grapes as well. You hate what you cannot have.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 7 September 2019 9:19:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Opinion,
So, of what use are you to society then ? I was part of teams that kept whole communities going with essential services infrastructure installation & maintenance.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 7 September 2019 11:43:37 AM
Dear individual,

I did my humanities degrees and became an environmental sociologist for me and me alone. As my wife keeps reminding me: It's all about me!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 7 September 2019 5:20:31 PM
Mr Opinion,
Sounds like you have a reserved spot for your snout at the Govt trough !
Do you ever check how the victims of your policies fare?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 7 September 2019 6:25:30 PM
Dear individual,

Can you say something else because what you just said has absolutely nothing to do with what I've done, am doing, or will ever be doing?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 7 September 2019 6:31:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy