The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hastie warns us to beware of the Chinese dragon > Comments

Hastie warns us to beware of the Chinese dragon : Comments

By Peter West, published 13/8/2019

But in the light of the threat of domination by a foreign power not interested in human rights, Australians chatter about things of very small significance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The threat from China's rising economic power comes from its state-owned enterprises (SOEs.China's political structure and unique state dominance/control of SOEs presents a different type of investor. China is a communist economic order and the state is purposely directly involved in all critical economic sectors.The raison d'ętre of the Chinese SOE is the advancement of the CCP’s objectives thus amplifying the general “state-ownership” concerns. China is ruled by one political party, the CCP, and its domination of Chinese SOEs is of critical importance. The CCP wields near total non-financial control over its citizenry; singularly legislates the law of the land and CCP appointed judges rule on the interpretation of law in courts.

Bashar Malkawi (Arizona, U.S.)
Posted by basharmalkawi, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 7:56:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some areas to consider:

China and: Christians; Falun Gong; Uyghurs; Tibet; Hong Kong; Taiwan; Intellectual property; Counterfeit goods; Development on disputed Pacific atolls; Influence in 3rd world; Huawei; World's US$5 trillion debt to China; Trump's 'trade wars'; Inflammable wall cladding; China is the world's worst polluter;

Australia / China and: DarwinPort/Landbridge; Our South Pacific neighbors; Influence for good or bad on Oz property ownership and prices; Oz land ownership (try purchasing land in China); Involvement in 'renewables' - ownership and manufacture; incidentally Huawei is the CANBERRA Raiders major sponsor; Confucius Institutes within Australian universities; political influence - think Sam Dastayari;

Start on Wikipedia 'Daigou' then 'The One Belt One Road project'
Posted by elizabeth4, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 7:56:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think China is a military threat to Oz, unless the whole world structure goes totally pear shape. If China did actually attack us fighting them ourselves would be a joke.

They have no need to attack us, & if they did they would be destroying a lot they already own. They can simply buy anything they want in Oz.

They recently bought the property across the river from me. This is a 20,000 acre multi operation agricultural industry, with many operations, & highly successful. Owned by 3 brothers, 3Rd generation owners, the youngest did not want to sell, but as none of their kids was interested in running the place, he had to agree.

With a 6 million investment in their irrigation set up alone, this would have been a tens of million urchase. Why would they want to attack us when we are happy to sell them what ever they want.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 10:20:02 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I thought about creating a unique workplace for myself, to keep my thoughts in order, to be able to come up with new ideas for my works and, naturally, draw inspiration! The decision came by itself. I was looking for something that could breathe life into my four walls, fill it with bright colors and give hope for a new day. Truth be told, he who seeks will always find.The design of the workplace determines your character and aspiration for inspiration. Everyone is looking for new ideas and ways to implement them. And what better means of stimulation is the color! Design is what defines your personality and helps other people to comprehend it. I think every detail is very important, because it, like a puzzle, gathers your character into a complete one. So recently I ordered a buddha art wall at Texelprintstore and I was pleasantly surprised! Excellent quality is the key to a great mood and the success of new ideas!
Posted by roseupshur, Wednesday, 14 August 2019 12:35:42 AM
The Judas' of Australia are selling this country to the Chinese, no war needed !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 14 August 2019 8:15:45 AM
Dear basharmalkawi,

Totally correct but only touching the tip of the iceberg. Any predictions where you think this might end up?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 14 August 2019 8:45:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy