The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Outspoken Christians will not be tolerated > Comments

Outspoken Christians will not be tolerated : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 12/4/2019

For daring to share some scripture passages on his own social media page, Australian rugby star Israel Folau has been given the boot – all in the name of tolerance and inclusion of course.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. All
Politicizing sports is a bad thing for the sport and for the fans. Everyone who is in a sport perfesionally is there because of their talent and their training. Not because of their politics, or their religous views. Therefore let anyone's politics be their own and don't sack them because they are outspoken on one thing or another, No sport is for equality or against equality, for sinning or against sinning. Instead it's about the sport.

Too many instances Australian sports being politicalized because of the "equality" and the "message" that people are trying to present that has nothing to do with rugby, tennis, or any other sport that is played professionally.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 13 April 2019 1:28:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
vilifies or discriminates against people on the basis of their sexuality.
basis ?
shouldn't that be bias ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 13 April 2019 5:21:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In a civilized society, all crimes are likely to be sins, but most sins are not and ought not to be treated as crimes. Man's ultimate responsibility is to God alone.

Geoffrey Fisher, Archbishop of Canterbury

Let us not treat a sinner as a criminal. Atheism, homosexuality, fornication and other sins are not crimes in a civilized society. We do not live in a theocracy.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 13 April 2019 6:19:43 AM
I have changed my mind. I support the action of the black athletes in the United States who 'take a knee' during the national anthem to protest police killing unarmed blacks. I agree with their views. If I support them I must also support Israel Folau's right to express his views even if I do not agree with those views.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 13 April 2019 7:44:36 AM
Bill,

You've written a superb article that exposes the inconsistencies of the homosexual movement and the mass media that are pro-homosexual. Now, my comments here probably get me the false label of being homophobic - which I am NOT.

One word, 'homosexuals', was taken from Israel's Instagram image to label him as homophobic. This is how crafty the media can be in misrepresenting homophobia.

You wrote:

<<And get a load of this statement from Qantas: "These comments are really disappointing and clearly don't reflect the spirit of inclusion and diversity that we support." Um, let me see if I got this straight: in the name of inclusion and diversity Qantas and Rugby Australia will NOT tolerate and include Folau. Sure, makes perfect sense.>>

You nailed it! Here we have the folks allegedly promoting inclusion and diversity who don't practise what they preach.

If they were truly inclusive and people of tolerance, what Folau said would be par for the course of diversity. It would fit in with inclusion as any value system should be able to be promoted in this ideal society.

Nah! Nah! Slam Folau's values and castigate him for his different, diverse Christian world view that includes God's fate for sinners. See: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 at: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Cor+6%3A9-11&version=ERV.

Instead of sacking him, Qantas and Rugby Australia should have congratulated Folau for contributing to diversity of values in rugby. They don't seem to understand that when they discriminate against Folau, they demonstrate intolerance of true diversity.

Israel's Instagram image was almost identical with this Scripture, except that Israel said, 'Hell awaits you', instead of 'will not get to enjoy God’s kingdom'. The meaning is essentially the same. If people, don't enter God's kingdom at death, where do they go?
Posted by OzSpen, Saturday, 13 April 2019 8:02:11 AM
Quote from Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf.

“ The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny cuts and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.”
Posted by Big Nana, Saturday, 13 April 2019 11:29:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21