The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Outspoken Christians will not be tolerated > Comments

Outspoken Christians will not be tolerated : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 12/4/2019

For daring to share some scripture passages on his own social media page, Australian rugby star Israel Folau has been given the boot – all in the name of tolerance and inclusion of course.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All
Christianity is dying in the West. It is being attacked by Westerners themselves. Good luck with the options, folks.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 12 April 2019 8:43:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When will you theists learn?
Its fine to say "I wont do that because of my religious beliefs."
It is NOT fine to say "YOU cant do that because of MY religious beliefs".
Believe whatever nonsense you want just keep it to yourself and stop trying to force others to join you!
Posted by mikk, Friday, 12 April 2019 8:59:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've been a non-believer since I was about seven, but I do strongly believe that everybody needs some strong ethical foundation. There are moral lessons in the bible, behind the gush about god and heaven, which I've found extremely valuable. The Good Samaritan story, for instance.

In Australia, we are supposed to have some freedom of opinion. Folau has expresses his, which is his right. He hasn't called for any action against homosexuals, simply pointed out that, in his religious universe, they will probably go to hell, along with drunks and fornicators (which I take more exception to - or would, if I believed in hell or heaven). Since in my view, there isn't a heaven, what he says doesn't matter a jot. I'm terribly sorry for the snowflakes who have been so hurt, but there you go. Complain if you like, as long as you don't block the traffic.

Have we got to the point where we can't express a point of view ? I'm sure that most Muslims would probably agree with him and, given half a chance (if ever Shari'a was introduced), would certainly act on those 'opinions' rather than just reflect on them.

This is getting close to witch-hunting.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 12 April 2019 9:28:38 AM
Ttbn

*...Christianity is dying in the West. It is being attacked by Westerners themselves. Good luck with the options, folks...*

Thank God, you finally begin to face reality!

The one solution is Islam. But to achieve its aims, democracy as we know it, must die.
It's obvious death-throw is the formation of a police state, and stifling of free speech.
( Israel Folau).
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 12 April 2019 9:39:05 AM
Go read a book if its still in print Called Kingdom of the Cults thing the Mormons get a mention
Posted by John Ryan, Friday, 12 April 2019 11:32:16 AM
Israel Folau has violated no law, and he is penalised by no law. However, consider this.

Matthew 27:25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

That verse in the Bible has been used as the justification for the persecution and slaughter of Jews. Most people in our Western culture no longer approve of the persecution or slaughter of Jews even though the Bible contains hate for Jews. Jews are human, and homosexuals are human. Neither should be persecuted no matter what the Bible says. We can recognize that the Bible can be a vehicle for hate, and Israel Folau’s religion uses it as a vehicle for hate.

Israel Folau is free to spout his hate and suffer no legal penalty. His employer is not obliged to give him a platform for his speech. Speech is legal but unacceptable when it promotes hate for Jews or any other religious or ethnic group. It is also unacceptable when it promotes hate for homosexuals. I oppose punishment by law for hate speech. One should be free under law to spout any opinion even hate. However, an employer has a right to impose reasonable conditions for employment, and since attendance at sports depends on public goodwill, the employer's action was reasonable.
Posted by david f, Friday, 12 April 2019 11:40:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy