The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Academic program on Western Civilisation > Comments

Academic program on Western Civilisation : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 18/1/2019

University staff are openly liberal, and are likely to reject proposals that have such a conservative background.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
'What is it with people who constantly throw that spanner that is religion into the works ?'

maybe you might realise you need to be pig headed ignorant not to see the positive effect followers of Christ has had on history.
Posted by runner, Friday, 18 January 2019 6:20:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,
Are you referring to the positive growth in population due to religion's objection to birth control ? Or the 15,000 children starving to death each day, or the kiddie fiddlers in various religions ?
I don't need to go on & on, it's all well recorded & known.
Posted by individual, Friday, 18 January 2019 9:28:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indi, steady on, there are a huge amount of miscreants similar to what you describe, outside religion.
I don't condone any of it, but let's keep our heads and talk in relative terms not stereotypical.
I'm glad YOU mentioned Mr Peterson, as he is one person I find very interesting.
Then add Ben Shapiro and Milo Yiannopoulos to make up the three people worth listening to today.
There is no emotion, they are brilliant, just cold, straight facts.
The kind of things that the left, don't want to hear or they go into 'melt-down'.
Most academics lack the ability to reason, as they get too engrossed in their chosen field, removing them from the real world and therefore reality.
Why is it I ask that the Jews have been 'on the nose' for centuries?
I think a hint was given earlier in this topic.
They have demonstrated that they are much more focused in succeeding economically than most other races, and they have backed some of the most heinous crimes in history.
These top one per-centers have total and complete disregard for human life.
Even more than is considered normal.
Anyway you can figure it out for yourselves, it's easy.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 18 January 2019 10:02:42 PM
To Individual.

Why should religion not be in public life? Or if anyone else has an answer go for it. Is being religous something people should hide instead of something to share? Why should anti religon opinions be lifted up and anything near a religous idea something to be shunned?

Most religions promote some kind of community to both the believers that meet in that religion, as well as to serve outside of their faith to the community around them as a whole. Should that also be shunned from public life?

As for the ariticle. I think it's a good idea to have western studies in universities. To many college grads come out with reasons to be ashamed by their government or their nation. It's a growing cultural influence regardless of going to college or not. Fight that with a program that teaches the foundations and history of western civilization. Let more people be proud of their western roots and more fully proud of their home.

No country is perfect, but more and more I hear of people saying doom and gloom about their government, their politics, or any other industry from getting jobs to receiving services. It's like no one even tries to be content in what they have or appreaciate what is good in their lives. No wonder we have a problem with drugs, depression, and anxiety. Fight back! Find and cultivate readons to be proud and content with who you are and with your neighbor's around you.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 19 January 2019 4:55:44 AM
Religion is nothing more than callous exploitation of superstition. I concede that anyone living by the rules of religion would make a good citizen but does anyone know such citizens ?
If only we all lived by the ten commandments the world would be a better place or would it ?
The genetic make-up of humans is such that without the terrible conflicts throughout the millennia, this planet would now be so over populated that it probably would have caused the extinction of humans by now.
On the other hand religion has & still is causing so much division that it would be better if it were kept inside the home.
Isn't it religion that is against birth control ? Isn't it religion that demands we let criminals get away with their heinous deeds & wait for the Almighty to judge them ? There may well be a God but I'm convinced that the first to be in his sights for judgement will be the religious hypocrites.
Religion would be a great thing if it weren't misused & exploited by the control freaks.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 19 January 2019 7:16:12 AM
'Are you referring to the positive growth in population due to religion's objection to birth control ? Or the 15,000 children starving to death each day, or the kiddie fiddlers in various religions ?'

Individual

You display such ignorance that its a wonder you know that kiidie fiddling is wrong.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 19 January 2019 7:26:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy