The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The miracle of Christmas > Comments

The miracle of Christmas : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 24/12/2018

The celebration of Christmas is based on a miracle; the incarnation of the Eternal Word of God as the man Jesus.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
OZSpen I have no faith i.e. in any belief system in any God including your Christian one. With the amount of lies and nonsense the main stream media put out I have no faith in them either. The same people would have been spouting the same nonsense previously.
Certainly there is oppression of most religions but as religions have oppressed "Non believers" throughout history what exactly should you expect.
Also your Christian religion, in my opinion, is the same as the 7th century beliefs of islam and all the other JuJu foisted on the poor and ignorant.
I am in no position to oppress or give any other person a hard time but I do feel the need to remind you of some of these salient points.
Content yourself with the knowledge that the Russian Communists tried to destroy their Orthodox Church and it just got stronger Islam is a completely different problem. Good luck trying to get those nutters to see sense, never mind all those slavish left wing politicians who want their block of votes!
Posted by JBowyer, Monday, 24 December 2018 7:22:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//History demonstrates that 'wholesale murder' has NOT happened through proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ but through oppression by other religions.//

I refer you to the Strasbourg Massacre of 1349 and feel compelled to ask, if Christianity was not responsible for this act of oppression, which religion was?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 24 December 2018 7:26:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
VK3AUU (David),

It is horrendous what the Royal Commission into sexual abuse found with some church people, including a Roman Catholic Cardinal, who was guilty of crimes against boys. However, the majority of the church was not involved in this criminal activity.

I'm ashamed of these horrible things happening in the church.

Do you know why I continue to be a committed Christian, in spite of this abuse? One rotten tomato in a bag of tomatoes doesn't stop me from eating tomatoes. Even if there are hundreds of rotten tomatoes in bags of them, I continue eating tomatoes.

I know that these abominations in the RCC and other denominations are not a true picture of Jesus Christ and his Gospel that changes people from the inside out.

Even an apostate person like the late Charles Templeton (d. 7 June 2001) who wrote Farewell to God and was an associate of Billy Graham back in the 1940s, does not persuade me that the Christian faith is fake.

To the contrary, I've investigated the faith carefully and historically in my PhD dissertation and other studies and I've found not only that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, but also he never lets me down through the many trials of life - even when I don't serve him as faithfully as I ought.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 24 December 2018 7:27:45 PM
//I know that these abominations in the RCC and other denominations are not a true picture of Jesus Christ and his Gospel//

Aye, Cardinal Pell is No True Scotsman, d'ye ken?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 24 December 2018 7:31:54 PM
JBowyer,

Why won't you address the issues I raised with you about your anti-Christian presuppositions that you inflicted on us?

Toni,

You quoted what I wrote:

//History demonstrates that 'wholesale murder' has NOT happened through proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ but through oppression by other religions.//

Then you commented about the Strasbourg Massacre of 1349. This massacre of Jews by the Roman Catholic Church had zero to do with my comment you quoted.

Would you please address the topic that you raised? The fact remains that history has demonstrated that those who have been born again by the Spirit of God through the proclamation of the Gospel, are not those engaged in 'wholesale murder'.

Take a read of Richard Dawkins comments about the decline of Christianity in my article - and he's not a supporter of Christianity.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 24 December 2018 7:51:41 PM

//This massacre of Jews by the Roman Catholic Church had zero to do with my comment you quoted.//

Is Roman Catholicism not a Christian denomination, then? Gosh, I must have missed that memo.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 24 December 2018 8:03:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy