The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > United Nations weaponizes Hamas as Trump, EU and Israel reel > Comments

United Nations weaponizes Hamas as Trump, EU and Israel reel : Comments

By David Singer, published 13/12/2018

106 UN members had weaponized Hamas, abandoned the civilian population of a fellow member state and set a procedural precedent that the Islamic bloc will exploit again.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
To Armchair Critic.

If the Palestinian governments showed any resolve to help their citizens then I'd consider calling them something else then just a terrorist orginization. However their citizens for 70 years held the status of refugees living in poverty. Even with all the aid given and wasted. 70 years.

As for Israel showing aggression to other nations, at least it looks after it's citizens. I wouldn't call the Russian government a terrorist orginization even though it has supported reclaiming terroritory that gained it's in dependance, nor does it's other aggressive actions (or other nations aggression like China) make them terrorists. What's the difference? If a country actually looks after it's citizens then it has fufilled at least some of the roles and responsibilities that the government is responsible for.

Look at it this way, if Israel held all the land given to Palistine, what should be the result? They wouldn't be improvised camps anymore. What would the result be if Israel was gone and the Palistian governments held the land? The whole land would be a breeding ground for terrorists and be kept in poverty to give the incentive to join the terrorist orginizations.

I do hope you see the difference.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 15 December 2018 4:30:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"If the Palestinian governments showed any resolve to help their citizens then I'd consider calling them something else then just a terrorist orginization."

Let's say that every single last one of them IS a terrorist.
When asked "Are there any terrorists here?"
Every single one of them sticks up their hands and freely admits it.
"I'm a terrorist"
"I'm a terrorist"
I'm a terrorist too"
"And me"
"me too, I'm a terrorist"....
Every man, every woman and every child, even the elderly totally consumed with hatred and revenge;
Hell bent on death, carnage and total annihilation.
- And willing to meter it out at the first opportunity they get.

So bloody what?
Israel created this mess in the way it went about establishing itself from Day 1.

What if we decided to put all the aboriginals in small caged reservations, and they decided screw this and revolted?
Started murdering and killing whitey wherever they found them?
And what if the war was so bad that we just couldn't go back to living together anymore?
And they were all enraged terrorists hell bent on our destruction?
Would that be the aboriginals fault, or ours?

One part of me thinks people have a right to resist occupation.
That if anything the right thing to do is arm the Palestinians and give em a half decent chance.
Otherwise just nuke the lot and be done with it.

Why do I feel this way?
Because the second some enraged Palestinian decides they disagree with our government of the day's policies and straps a bomb to himself and theres body bits all over the place in one of our cities, the victims will be innocent Aussies who probably didn't even support those policies who'll pay the price.

I don't care about any foreigner or their interests above the welfare of my own nations people.

And Russia, come on;
"reclaiming territory that gained it's independance, nor does it's other aggressive actions"

- Oh please -
Tell me the lies you heard and then I'll correct you and tell you the real story whatever it is
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 15 December 2018 11:56:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well said Not_Now.Soon
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 15 December 2018 1:24:15 PM
To Armchair Critic.

You quoted me, but did you read what I said in that quote?

Here it is again before moving on.

"If the Palestinian governments showed any resolve to help their citizens then I'd consider calling them something else then just a terrorist organization."

For a reference of terms there are three subjects in this sentence. 2 are the Palestinian governments, and the other one is the citizens of those governments. I am calling out the government's as terrorist organizations. If they actually did anything to help their citizens then I might lift them up to being a hostile and aggressive nation instead of a terrorist organization. The other subject is the citizens of Palestine. Many are probably just trying to get by, and are not terrorists. Many others though are committed to the Hamas and PLO organizations. I would call them terrorists, however they are not terrorist organizations. If there was any confusion before that should clear it up.

As to your hypothetical. If every citizen of Palestine raised their hand and said they are a terrorist, then each and every one of them should be arrested. Given whatever justice would give them by the only governing body left in that area being Israel. (Again given the hypothetical situation of everyone saying they are terrorists). The hypothetical is ridiculous though and holds no merit in reality.

(Continued)
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Sunday, 16 December 2018 8:05:04 AM
(Continued)

The situation in Israel right now is a UN sponsored civil unrest and civil war. But the two sides doing the fighting, only one cares to look after their citizens. If you justify the terrorist factions to just kill off Israeli population, then you only invite an even worse situation then the one they are in. They will not start caring about their civilians now that they have more power and Israel is gone. Best case situation they spread their terrorist activities and fill their neighbor's with just as much murder and blood lust that they only know how to deal. Worser then that but more likely is that they will still spread terrorism to neighboring countries, but will also be in a civil war at the same time, with both leaders of Hamas and PLO unwilling to share power with each other.

Making up rationale like it'd be ok if aboriginals started a war with everyone else in Australia, and that it'd be Australia's fault doesn't give to crap loads about consequences or what would be the resulting aftermath. At this point it doesn't matter who is at fault for the conditions the word is in. What matters is "what we do now." At least for me the answer isn't half ass rationale for those identifying as victims to start a murder rampage. Honestly that shouldn't be your answer either. It shouldn't be anyone's answer.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Sunday, 16 December 2018 8:05:38 AM
To Armchair Critic.

You asked about the lies I've been told on Russian aggression. Try to correct the "lies" of Russian aggression towards Ukriaine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/15/world/europe/ukraine-russia-military-buildup.amp.html

To Plantagenet.

Thankyou.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Sunday, 16 December 2018 8:45:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy