The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A beacon of hope: the Universal Declaration of Human Rights turns 70 > Comments

A beacon of hope: the Universal Declaration of Human Rights turns 70 : Comments

By Patricia Jenkings, published 12/12/2018

The Declaration empowers not just human rights advocates like myself, but all of us and we need to stand up for our rights and the rights of all peoples, both at home and abroad.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Human rights "turns 70". Given that the West is the only section of humanity that has been interested in humans rights, and the fact that the West is rapidly giving in to the barbarians - Islam, human rights is not very unlikely to grow much older.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 December 2018 8:14:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agree and most emphatically!

And given we have these human rights as global citizens!?

Am at loss to understand the sheer bloody-minded refusal by our alleged representatives to legislate a bill of irrevocable rights into our dated and archaic constitution.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 12 December 2018 10:53:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
According to Wikipedia The Cairo Declaration on Human Rights in Islam (CDHRI) guarantees many of the same rights as the United Nations's Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) .... but restricts them explicitly to the limits set by the sharia. This greatly restricts rights with respect to the Universal Declaration, since for example, women and members of other religions do not have the same rights as men under sharia, and that freedom of expression can be severely limited for religious reasons: for example, blasphemy can even now be punishable by death ...

I am very sorry, Patricia, but I can't see any "beacon of hope".

Most of the rights in the UN Declaration you mention in your article are being overruled in the Islamic Declaration, and since Western countries, including Australia, are letting large numbers of followers of the Islamic Declaration into their countries, the UN Declaration will soon disappear in the garbage can of history.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights cannot therefore be celebrated, but can only be a commemoration of the deceased.

To quote in this context "Imagine" by John Lennon is a mockery, because he speaks of peace through the absence of religions. What we see today is the penetration of one religion into all realms.
Posted by DTM, Wednesday, 12 December 2018 2:30:35 PM
Given the constant white anting from the Marxist Left, the identity politics and victim-claiming of Muslims in the West, and the cowardice and self-interest of the political class, we are in constant danger of losing our rights. Dutch politician, Geert Wilders, has this to say about rights:

“We live in an age where people like the idea of rights, as long as they do not have to pay a price for it. When duty and honour command them to defend those rights they often flee away and turn against those who do their duty”.

These people are “too tolerant of intolerance”. They think that by allowing freedom to the enemies of freedom, they “prove to the world that we stand for freedom”. But in reality, by refusing to draw boundaries to their tolerance, they are “handing away our freedom”.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 December 2018 2:45:25 PM
certainly innocent human being within mother's wombs have no human rights. In this country you are in more trouble for killing a cockroach than a child.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 12 December 2018 3:56:04 PM
I don't give a crap about the world, all I care about is Australia.

- And that stupid declaration you're getting all rosy about didn't grant us anything that we probably didn't already have. -

Also, your stupid globalist and political correct agendas make me sick.

"..right to a Nationality and freedom to change it"

What about the right to my nationality and the freedom to defend it?

- Against your stupid UN Migration Compacts, 2030 SDG agendas, Trade agreements, Social and Political agenda's etc; that effective steal my nations sovereignty out from under it?

What do I get then as you steal my country?
The right to be called ' white racist male' under your other agendas?

I don't like what you preach.
I wish you and others like you that sell this country out would stand in front of a bus, no offense.

I want the old Australia back before you and the loonies turn it into this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMXvFc5VxlU

Otherwise if you keep this pro-globalist agenda up I might soon find myself chucking rocks and torching the joint too.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 12 December 2018 4:23:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy