The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The disgruntled former prime minister > Comments

The disgruntled former prime minister : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 16/11/2018

Attempting to maximise the effect of his deposition, Turnbull began a campaign of ennobling self-effacement and cleansing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Foxy,

I have never made any claims that I am not a conservative, and I stand on my record as my posts are based on facts.

If you can provide any evidence that you have taken a conservative point of view on any issue, I would be very interested, however, cannot recall a single thread where you didn't take a left of centre position.

If I am one-eyed, you are the other.

Secondly, I find it amusing that you are pontificating about what was going on in the liberal party, especially since you seem to have missed most of the documentary at that time.

MT lost the leadership for pretty much the same reason he lost the party leadership pre-Juliar, in short, he tried to introduce a carbon trading scheme by stealth. He took the NEG which was a brilliant policy designed to guarantee network stability and minimise power prices and moulded it into a carbon trading scheme by stealth and in spite of several warning that the party room would not support him, he still tried to push it through.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 20 November 2018 11:07:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALTRAV,

This has been in newspapers, on radio, on television
and out of the former PM's mouth - who appeared on
TV and stated his case - over and over
again. He told us that -

"The reality is that a minority in the party room ...
sought to bully, intimidate others into making
this change of leadership ... it's been described
as a form of madness."

Mr Turnbull also blamed the madness on others outside
of parliament who supported the small band of right-
wing agitators led by Tony Abbott, Kevind Andrews,
and Eric Abetz... And there's so much more.
However it is all there on the web. All you have to
do is Google it.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 20 November 2018 11:07:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I luv how much control Abbott has over Foxy. Her hatred has seethed now for over 12 years. If only he had as much power as she claims he has the country would be much better off.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 20 November 2018 11:10:47 AM
Shadow Minister,

So it's back to the "duck test?"

Judging things solely by their walk, looks, and
sounds does not constitute good evidence. What makes
you think you could tell the difference between a
goose and a duck at first glance? Also what we see and
experience from the surface is not necessarily what
you'll find underneath the facade.

Here is a link as to why Malcolm Turnbull was dumped:

http://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/the-rise-and-spectacular-fall-of-malcolm-what-did-turnbull-get-so-wrong-20180823-p4zze5.html
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 20 November 2018 11:16:40 AM
Foxy, read your link.
I gather from it that MT did not engage with other ministers and pushed a lot of his own agenda through, possibly something akin to a 'captains call'.
This is a sure fire way to lose favour when you should be trying to garner favours.
From what I gathered in that link, MT acted more like a dictator and less like a Liberal.
In politics, you must do a lot back scratching before you get your back scratched.
MT acted like one of those arrogant Liberal pigs I spoke of that turned me away from them in the first place.
MT was actually working for another boss, and it was not the Australian public.
One example to prove my point; after attempting to play down the need for an enquiry into the banks and so on, he relented due to pressure from without.
The enquiry will reveal nothing worthwhile as the terms of reference were pretty much set by the banks, the system he 'actually' works for.
What went on in the party is of little relevance to us, the Aussie public, we could not care less who gets stabbed in the back or gets their throat cut, because in the end it demonstrates just how disgusting the govt really is.
Anyone who praises the individual is living in a dream world.
They should be promoting OUR wishes, NOT those of their damn party.
The other pollies knew that he was batting for another side and could see that his thinking was bias against even their own greedy wishes, never mind what the people thought, that he was actually helping them.
He never intended to, so the other ministers, with the help of some, just as twisted as himself, began a campaign to get rid of him.
Don't think there is anything despicable or rotten about MT's ejection, it is the dirty self centred low of the caliber of politicians today, and without some serious intervention, (like jail terms etc) it will keep getting progressively worse.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 20 November 2018 3:45:43 PM
ALTRAV,

I can see that you got so much out of the link
that I gave.

Shadow Minister,

It does appear that as far as you're concerned there's
only one point of view. You have stated it. You believe
it. There's nothing more to discuss.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 20 November 2018 5:49:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy