The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The disgruntled former prime minister > Comments

The disgruntled former prime minister : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 16/11/2018

Attempting to maximise the effect of his deposition, Turnbull began a campaign of ennobling self-effacement and cleansing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I do not subscribe to this 'team' mentality.
It does not carry the wishes and aspirations of ALL Australians, hence we end up with a govt that only caters to half the population.
The current structure of govt, is, amongst other things, self serving and unjustified in what I thought was a more informed society today.
Apparently I am wrong.
People keep displaying how inept and irrelevant they are by making stupid and inane ideas and ideologies.
Once upon a time politicians were a mature well meaning person with at least a modicum of respect for the people he represented.
Today, we don't exist past voting day.
Everyone puts such worship on Prime Ministers, as if they are dictators and only they and their decisions are running the country.
Must I remind everyone, he is just another polly, and as such carries no more sway than the rest.
He is merely a 'messenger', rather than have the whole cabinet come out to deliver a message, it is more expedient to send one person.
So the praise leveled at a PM is unjustified.
We have not had a viable govt since Menzies.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 19 November 2018 12:17:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck.

You get in a huff when I accuse you of the exact same thing you accused me of. I have yet to see you take a conservative point of view on this site ever. To a point you have sided with the commentators from the left.

I am aware that TA broke promises, but most of the promises that Labor accuses him of breaking he never did, for example they accuse him of stripping money out of the health and education budgets when he has actually increased them. What he has not done is keep Labor's election promises. And he did keep more than a few.

Similarly, Juliar never kept one of her promises, and broke a whole swathe of the ones that she made and her predecessors made.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 19 November 2018 3:31:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM,

Your accusations towards me are a bit rich considering
your own background on this forum.
All I can say is I shall stand by
my posting record and match it with yours any day of
the week. However, this is not a competition between
us nor am I willing to engage in providing you with
further links to disprove what you're saying. Frankly
I no longer care what you think. The difference
between us is that - you had the gall to make the comment
about blowing smoke and backsides. Well, therein lies
the difference - my focus is on the opposite end of
a person's anatomy - the brain - and not the backside.
You stick to your focus and I shall stick to mine.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 19 November 2018 4:07:54 PM
Hence the upset for so many people to have the
previous PM dumped.
Foxy,
Only day dreaming idealists worry about that sort of scenario. Sober thinkers much prefer to get non-performers out of the way asap even a PM.
On one hand people complain about broken promises but as soon as the one who made the promises is being removed the same people complain again.
What matters most is to remove non-performers, it's as simple as that.
Posted by individual, Monday, 19 November 2018 6:50:04 PM
Individual,

The fact was that the former PM was doing well in
the polls and most political commentators thought
that the Libs could win with him at the helm. It was
Mr Abbott who was determined to see the end of the
former PM's leadership even if he couldn't personally
be his replacement that caused all this. The old guard,
notably Mr Abbott and his tiny band knew how to cause
maximum disruption with minimum numbers.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 20 November 2018 10:01:41 AM
Foxy, really?
'maximum disruption, with minimum numbers'?
Surely you don't actually believe that.
I can't see how someone can pull it off, WITHOUT the numbers.
But, I suppose anythings possible.
Are you quoting someone, or is it your opinion?
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 20 November 2018 10:18:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy