The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why Sco-Mo has got it wrong on Muslim leaders > Comments

Why Sco-Mo has got it wrong on Muslim leaders : Comments

By Kuranda Seyit, published 15/11/2018

Firstly, 'extremist' and 'Islam' are two diametrically opposed concepts. To conflate these terms is an affront to the great world faith of Islam.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
To ALTRAV.

In your first post on this topic, you made the crackpot assertion that "9/11 had nothing to do with Islam." Naturally, you submitted not the slightest shred of evidence to support your crackpot theory, instead telling OLO readers that we should do the job ourselves. That is exactly like saying that Elvis and alive and well, and that even though you can't submit any evidence to prove it, the onus is upon your readers to confirm it is true. Straight away, everybody knows you are a crackpot. And then you say that I am misrepresenting you as an Islamic apologist, and you are worried about what people think of you.

Now, the idea that Islam had nothing to do with 9/11. (or for that matter any other terrorist incident where the perpetrators scream "Allah akbar!" while killing infidels) just happens to be the lamest excuse given by every Islamic apologist who wishes to defend Islam. And then you say you are not defending Islam.

Then you suggest that gee, I guess there is something wrong with Islam, but you then imply that you can't blame all Muslims for that, because you know some Muslims personally, and they are nice people.

What I pointed out, was your complete judgmental double standard.

25 years ago, two Ku Klux Klansmen in the USA tied a black man to a pickup truck and dragged him to death. It was big news worldwide, and people everywhere were horrified. Everybody could identify with that poor black man and the horrible way he had been murdered. The worldwide media was unanimous in it's condemnation of the KKK and the sort of people who were KKK members, or who even sympathized with the KKK. If you had lived in the USA at that time and knew some nice KKK members, would you have defended them by saying that these KKK friends of yours "have no intentions of harming anyone." and that "They are aware of what is being said about them and lament that they are caught up in all this madness." ?
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 6:01:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LEGO, that's exactly what I would have said, and you know that is a fair and just response.
Don't try to virtue shame me, it won't work.
You can't be so stupid as to imagine for one minute that everybody belonging to a group are all of the same mindset about everything that happens to that group.
You're being very narrow minded and petulant if you will not agree that there are differences between people in life generally, and this does not change just because they join a cult or group.
You can't be that stupid as to expect everyone to side with you when you know full well that there were members of the KKK who were horrified at what happened, and relieved that their identity was not revealed.
There are extremes in everything in life, Muslims are no different.
Again, you cannot be so stupid as to imagine for one second that there actually are Muslims who want to kill 'infidels'?, let alone anyone or anything for that matter.
It is for these people, I speak, and you are an inhumane prick, at the very least if you paint ALL people, including Muslims, with the same brush.
Where-as your thinking is so narrow and convoluted, mine is a little broader and actually allows me the luxury of asking 'why' things happen and not the 'mob' mentality you harbour.
I suggest you learn to consider ALL the information in future, and not just the ones you feel will help your agenda.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 8:19:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
continue.....

LEGO, your first comment was about 9/11.
Can YOU show me the evidence or proof that it was Muslim 'terrorists'?.
A couple of idiots yelling 'Allah akbar', doth not maketh a terrorist.
There would be a million idiot Muslims lining up to become martyrs for the cause at any one moment in any day, so it would not have been hard to find willing participants, as we already know these nut jobs are everywhere.
Do you think something the size of 9/11 was not thought through very carefully before it was enacted?
They're going to cover their tracks well, and that's exactly what they have done.
If you think 9/11 was the work of 'real' terrorists, why then are there so many holes in the whole debacle?
I've been paying attention, and not joined the flock of sheeple who really don't give a toss or know what they're talking about.
Don't waste your time criticising me, go and do some reading/research/thinking for yourself, and if you don't start to develop a feeling that all is not what it seems, then you're not that broad minded after all, and just keep mocking and knocking ignorantly and aimlessly.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 9:08:07 AM
I have just starting reading
The History of Jihad from Muhammad to ISIS.

On his deathbed Muhammad said;I have been made victorious with terror.
I am only up to page 60 but it is an eyeopener.
Muhammad was a con man in a big way. He was also an extortionist.
He must have been like Hitler in that he could talk the troops into
any conflict with larger forces and told his troops that angels would
also be in the battle with them.

It is interesting to read the origins of Islam which was founded on
deceit and the sword. I am particularly interested in the various
invasions of Europe, but that is later in the book.
At present it has only been about killing or converting the Jews and
Christians to Islam in what we now call the Middle East.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 2:12:22 PM
'I have just starting reading
The History of Jihad from Muhammad to ISIS.'

you mean the HRC has not banned it for 'hate' speach?
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 3:12:00 PM
Bazz, has any reference been made as to how easy it was to convert/convince people to follow Islam?
I have always wondered how it is that even, seemingly, intelligent people follow Islam.
I expect those of us who have had the benefit of either living the life and/or questioning so much about these, so called, religions, or cults, know better.
I can understand nomads and un-educated people of yesteryear, but to find ANYONE believing in ANY religion or cult today, leads me to wonder if humanity has really gained any intellect at all.
The whole concept of religion was used to keep people in line and keep them beholding to the religious leaders, who ran things in the good ole' days.
The Pope was one such identity back then.
But today, I cannot believe that people can't see through the con.
Is it that frightening and unthinkable to imagine a world or a life without a God?
When I say to people that religion is all a big and annoying con, they sometimes respond with, 'well who are we supposed to believe in'? and I always respond;
In yourselves!
I am curious as to your findings and determinations regarding this book.
Hope to hear more updates, it will at the very least, give us another insight into the world of Islam.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 3:18:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All