The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Discrimination against LGBTI people > Comments

Discrimination against LGBTI people : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 15/10/2018

Is freedom to practice one's religion an overriding belief? Are people ever allowed to discriminate against others because of their religious beliefs?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Dear Foxy,

The abuse of the nice English word "gay" was pushed for political reasons and just because it became popular in the media does not mean that ordinary people, including homosexuals, must accept that title and this stupidity. Homosexual people need not agree with your politics and like anyone else, sometimes they are happy, other times they are sad, sometimes proud of things they do, other times ashamed of them, but very rarely jolly and proud of their sexual orientation as such.

«As for sexuality being an "affliction?" - I really don't know why you would think or suggest that.»

The need to look for sex is an affliction which disturbs the mind. It produces the haunting thought that "something is missing which only sex can fill" and that creates tension. Some of this tension can be temporarily relieved during [good] sex, which allows us to relax a bit, but then it comes back and our sexual expectations increase: just imagine how happy and healthy we could be if that tension never existed, so we would never feel that anything is missing to begin with and could be relaxed and fulfilled the whole time, just like immediately after the greatest orgasm...

Most people (regardless whom they feel attracted to) fail to notice this because they take the sexual tension for granted and cannot remember when was the last time they felt so relaxed and carefree - that was before the onset of puberty, though sadly for many, only much earlier if ever, because they absorbed sexual expectations at an early age from their parents, teachers and peers (and yes, that's a grave abuse even if nobody physically touched them sexually).

«If you are gay - it's just who you are, as heterosexuals are just who they are.»

Well of course you are who you are, that's a tautology, but you are not your sexual orientation just like you are not, for example, your asthma or your tooth-ache: these are only secondary attributes of your body and/or psyche, they are not you.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 16 October 2018 11:54:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A few points to consider.

1). Homosexuality and Hetrosexuality are both labels to determin one's attraction to their sex or the opposite sex. From what I've seen neither of these are an active choice to be attracted one way or another. The only sexuality that might have an actual choice is bisexual.

2). Many hetrosexuals are disgusted by signs of affection from their sex to their sex. I assume the same is true for many homosexuals. They just don't see hetrosexual acts in a relationship as something that is attractive, but instead might be repulsed by it.

(So far these points make them out to being equal both homosexual and heterosexual).

3). Both homosexual communities and hetrosexual communities have issues with drugs, violence, and dilequency over all. However there is a higher rate among homosexual communities for drug abuse and health related matters. Combining that with the smaller communities that homosexuals have options for, means they are more exposed to the drugs and negative health issues. There are less options here to join a different "safe group" among homosexuals then there are options for heterosexuals to change their groups of friends and acquaintances.

4). With the third point in mind there are two options to consider for a homosexual. A). Not associate with the homosexual community due to the environment that is included in it. Or B). Try to change that environment to a healthier one, or expand the options so that a homosexual isn't stuck in a negatively influencing elements.

These are also the same options for a heterosexual as well. If they are aware of the drug and health issues they might not want to associate with them, or have their kids associate with them. Or they might feel pity and want to reach out to a community that has needs and say, "you can join us, we won't judge you."

(Continued)
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Wednesday, 17 October 2018 3:43:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
(Continued)

5). The practical approach is for more groups to be tolerant to homosexuals (and help them out of a negative environment), or homosexual communities striving to clean up their issues. Without these two solutions I might actually advise a homosexual to stay away from homosexual communities. Stay celibate for your own sake.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Wednesday, 17 October 2018 3:44:46 AM
Yuyutsu,

I will repeat what I wrote earlier. The term - gay
- meaning homosexuality became established in the 1960s as the
term preferred by homosexuals and that it is now the
standard term throughout the English-speaking world.
The term gay - meaning "carefree", "bright" "Showy" has more
or less been dropped out of natural use.

I also wrote earlier that gay men and women don't view their
sexual orientations as afflictions. The only afflicting going
on is done by - intrusive, judgemental heterosexuals.

With all due respect - I have no further interest in
discussing this topic with you. You need to find someone
who's interested in what you have to say on the subject.

Have a nice day.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 October 2018 9:47:54 AM
Dear Foxy,

«gay men and women don't view their sexual orientations as afflictions.»

Neither do Liberals, Laborites, democrats, greenies, royalists, fascists or communists - what has anyone's political views to do with their sexual orientation?

Also, I did not claim that people are afflicted by their sexual orientation, but rather that they are afflicted by their sexuality as a whole.

As I explained, men and women of whatever sexual orientation and whatever political convictions fail to view their sexuality as an affliction because they do not remember any better.

«The only afflicting going on is done by - intrusive, judgemental heterosexuals.»

There are homosexuals, bisexuals and transgender people too who condemn the gay movement and the misuse of this word.

While I do not care about sexual orientations and have no reason or interest in judging people by their sexual orientation, I reserve my right to condemn those who call themselves "gay", push that foolish misuse of the word and keep parading their sexuality noisily, whatever their sexual orientation happens to be.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 17 October 2018 11:01:33 AM
Yuyutsu,

You stated to me on page 5:

"Sexuality is an affliction, a disturbance of the mind.
We may have to live with it and make allowances for it,
but it's not something to be proud of or jolly about."

I have neither the time nor the crayons to continue to
interact - or explain things to you.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 October 2018 12:38:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy