The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An unexpected 'anathema' > Comments

An unexpected 'anathema' : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 24/8/2018

I became aware earlier this year that Catholic Bishop Tomlinson of Bendigo had discouraged a Catholic organisation in his diocese from inviting me as a speaker.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Perhaps you should reconsider your 'committment' to Catholicism if this bishop is representative of it. Church bureaucrats, which is all clerics are these days, are doing more damage to Christianity than atheists and Muslims combined are doing.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 24 August 2018 9:34:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If the evidence in this article is representative of Babette Francis' manner in pursuing her agenda, I can understand why Bishop Tomlinson might object. It smacks of harassment.
Posted by Agronomist, Friday, 24 August 2018 2:03:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I cannot begin to imagine why you think anybody cares, Babs. Get a hobby.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 24 August 2018 3:33:35 PM
Why does it bother you so much that a Bishop doesn't
want you as a speaker in his diocese? Who cares.
Did the actual organisation turn you down?

Go around the Bishop - and ignore what he thinks. There
must be heaps of places that would welcome you as a speaker.
The Bishop's opinion can simply be ignored.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 24 August 2018 9:58:32 PM
Perhaps the bishop does not believe that someone with eight children and medieval views can present a good example for the anti-Muslim sentiment.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 25 August 2018 9:39:14 PM
With 8 contributors to Global Warming she is indeed a good catholic.
Posted by ateday, Sunday, 26 August 2018 6:46:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy