The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Using the burka: Boris Johnson’s bid for popularity > Comments

Using the burka: Boris Johnson’s bid for popularity : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 15/8/2018

An independent panel will be convened (independence being in the eye of the beholders), which might decide to refer Johnson to the party's board. From there, the power of expulsion can come into play.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Diver Dan,

An antiquated rancid old fart, yes, probably; Marxist, not so much these days. But he had some good tunes, still worthy of consideration.

Homosexual preoccupations ? No, not really interested, except insofar as their equal human rights are concerned. The world is full of so many more important worries.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 17 August 2018 2:45:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen and Individual

If ugliness is a criteria for wearing a big black sheet, then most men I see in the
supermarkets, with their stomachs hanging over their belts, bandy legs and scruffy hair and beards
or gaudy floral shirts or just looking like Neanderthals,would be ordered to cover up immediately.
It’s an insult to the eyes of women to see them.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 18 August 2018 12:26:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not round here cherful, those are at home, feet up, drinking beer, & complaining about the quality of the day time TV they are watching. I have to agree with them on that. They are too idle to do anything like shopping, besides that's a womans job isn't it?

If they do venture to the super market, it is on a mobility scooter. We had the interesting sight of 2 of these monstrosities blocking the isle of one of ours the other day. They were too wide to pass in opposite directions. Not the scooters mind, but the riders. One of each sex, knocking stuff out of the fixtures on each side, but still too wide to pass.

I don't think a burka would help these folk, unless it made them unable to find their mouths with a spoon or fork.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 18 August 2018 2:04:20 PM
Loudmouth, Individual, has anyone mentioned that the 'letterbox' was created to hide the womens faces, not because they were beautiful, but because they were ugly?
And let's not forget that Muslim men are allowed to have several wives according to their Holy book.
One joke getting around was;as the women aged the men kept replacing them with younger prettier ones.
I was friends with a son of the Sultan of Selangor some years ago and he told me one day his 70 odd year old father, the Sultan of Selangor was 'taking' another wife.
I believe she was a model and was very young.
Even he made a little 'raised eyebrow' comment about it.
Joking of course, about the ugly bit, that is.
The 'letter box' prescribes a more devout Muslim.
There are many types or levels of 'modesty' practiced by Muslims, to the point where some countries have the religious 'police' who will stop you and chastise you in public for such things as your wife showing 'skin' somewhere.
One example was a man and his wife, walking along, were stopped and HE was told off because his wife was wearing sandals without socks, thereby exposing the skin and therefore her feet.
He was told off not her. AH, tis' a great cult (certainly not a religion).
It must be said that the concept of modesty is a good one, or to put it another way, there is no wrong in it.
The Muslims realised centuries ago the 'natural order of nature', and that men and women have sexual demands inbuilt by nature.
Our sex drive is cyclical, both for men and women, (eg; periods).
These men in question have been interviewed and most say that the 'Western woman makes herself attractive, and of course we are attracted to them.
We know they are sexually very active so we get aroused and we expect to have sex.
If they don't want sex why do they make themselves look like sluts, and get us all worked up for'?
It's not hard to see why they earned the tag, 'slut shaming'.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 18 August 2018 7:41:52 PM
ALTRAV,

Let’s see you wear a big black sheet constantly in public with a letterbox slit for your eyes.
Or maybe, better still, with blinkers so you can’t see women as much
and get aroused by them.

Or what about putting a curfew on men being out in the streets when women want to shop or go to the movies in peace.
Of course we would have female religious police, armed with machine guns, to make sure they do not try to sneak out during curfew, with
severe prison penalties for doing so.

We should ban men from driving so they can’t drive around the place trying to look at women.
This will corrupt the whole of society if they are allowed this freedom.

Men should have to get the permission of their Wife, mother, or sisters to go out on the streets alone, because of,
their dangerous predatory behaviour towards women.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 18 August 2018 11:21:27 PM
Hasbeen

Yes, I think,we are going to have a looming problem, with more and more of
those mobility scooters, in shopping centres.

A few is ok, but hundreds at a time will create a problematic situation.

Think I’m happier having a beer at home, rather than shopping, myself, these days.
Actually whiskey is my main poison, But only two glasses in one session.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 18 August 2018 11:42:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy