The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The future of the EU in the wake of Trump’s betrayal > Comments

The future of the EU in the wake of Trump’s betrayal : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 23/7/2018

Trump has become a marionette manipulated by a master puppeteer, Putin.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
You start this article by criticising Trump for pointing out the failings of the EU, then continue on to point out the failings of the EU yourself! Someone needs to inform the EU of it's failing's and Trump is the only man with the balls to do it. Trump tells it as it is, he doesn't just smile and shake hands like many of the past so called leaders.
Posted by denys, Monday, 23 July 2018 9:22:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"...our most trusted and faithful allies..." haven't been paying their way for decades. You can't have it both ways. If you want the US involved in the defence of Europe, then the NATO clowns have to start carrying their fair share of the burden and stop relying on US taxpayers to do it for them.

So where does that leave you with "...Trump's betrayal..."? It's not a betrayal to kick NATO in the arse for their manifest failures.
Posted by calwest, Monday, 23 July 2018 9:42:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This bloke must have missed History 101 to say of European countries, "These are the 70-year-old allies that stood by us through thick and thin, never wavered, demonstrated utter loyalty". What utter rubbish.

How many American lives has it taken to bring an end to war between the idiots of Europe, & who is sliding into dependence on Russian gas to warm their toes & keep their lights on? It certainly isn't Trump.

These anti Trump idiots will say, & possibly even almost convince even themselves of the truth of any garbage in their hatred & fear of being drained from the nice soggy swamp they have been wallowing in for years.

My once respect for academics has slipped below that I extend to used car salesmen as they have leapt on the global warming gravy train. Now they can see that Trump will not only knock the wheels off their train, but plans to rip up the rails, so it won't run again.

Surely even our lefties must start to see this hate for the dangerous rubbish it is.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 23 July 2018 10:11:13 AM
When Trump slums it in his small Washington home (The White House) compared to his much larger home* in Trump Tower. Trump phones Melania:

Trump - "Hiya Tuts, I'm worried"

Melania - "Yes Boss?"

Trump - "You know how Putin and I share the same Russian whores. I think I'm cross infected!"

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residences_of_Donald_Trump#Trump_Tower_penthouse
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 23 July 2018 11:32:50 AM
If Putin had of wanted to drive a wedge through western allies, then his puppet D. trump (Putin's man in the oval office?) has, I believe, started in fine fashion! And could've hardly done a better job!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 23 July 2018 12:18:49 PM
"He treated them as if they were junior business partners who failed to pay their dues while reaping much of the profits."

But they are junior business partners who failed to pay their dues while reaping much of the profits.

I think that if I was a USian the thing that'd piss me off more than anything else is the way the Europeans gloat over their superior welfare spending as compared to the US while knowing that that higher spending is only possible because the US is subsidising their defence spending.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 23 July 2018 2:07:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy