The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The many causes of the Charlottesville violence > Comments

The many causes of the Charlottesville violence : Comments

By Laurence Maher, published 24/1/2018

Last December, the 206-page 'Final Report of the Independent Review of the 2017 Protest Events in Charlottesville, Virginia' was released.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The many causes of the Charlottesville violence and similar outcomes are very few indeed. And are limited to entrenched white supremacy, and hate speech, often at the pounded pulpit!

The remaining are a moronic level of intelligence among the all too easily lead, knuckle dragging netherendals. And a complete lack of normal human empathy among these Ozarks.

Simply put, if they had another brain between them it'd be very lonely. Even then you could put it in a thimble and still hear it rattle!

People aren't born hating this or that ethnic minority, but given our inherent ability to be social animals, hate has to be taught and inculcated from birth!

Like all manner of "Satanic cults" These "brave warriors (terrorists) will likely not be quite so brave, when their intended victims return fire!

Hopefully while the chief rabble rousers are in their midst stirring their spittle flecked hate, with fine and compelling oratory!

All while a clearly sympathetic, fine upstanding, pussy grouping, and I believe, election stealing President, tries to excuse or somehow justify, homegrown terrorism.

Which simply has to mean he shares these animals hate filled convictions?

After all, actions always speak much, much louder than words!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 24 January 2018 10:40:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan B

Where do you get the idea that religion is the root-cause of ALL evil?

Back in the pre enlightenment Neolithic, you would be the neighbours breakfast.

Humans have a gene to assist the digestion of human flesh. Alan, we are born to devour each other. Get with it!
Humans are by nature, violent.
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 1:11:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Diver, sorry mate, don't buy that violent by nature, crap. Given how much of the other I've seen, as a medic, paramedic and one of number of responsible dads, able to own their own behaviour.

Yes I can get violent, but still controlled and ready to kill. But only when family or mates are threatened by hate motivated cowards! And I'm still an excellent marksman!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 24 January 2018 5:31:11 PM
"Justice Alito underscored the importance of the clash of ideas and opinions in a democracy when he remarked that the Sons of Confederate Veterans saw the plates as honouring soldiers who served with bravery and honour in the past. Or is that an opinion which nowadays no fair-minded person could possibly hold or be allowed to express in public?"

Soldiers who were committing treason against the United States!
Soldiers who were actual enemy combatants!
What sort of idiot honours traitors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYiJ4z_v_c
Posted by mikk, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 10:27:19 PM
It astonishes me that anyone who has looked at these events can claim like Alan B that this has only one cause and this is white supremacy.
should people not be able to honour their ancestors? there are people in Australia who would like to get rid of all evidence of the British founders of this great nation too. Would it be unacceptable for me to protest against cleaning the slate of all evidence of my ancestors?
I grew up in NZ and knew many Maori who were extremely proud of their ancestors, despite them practising cannibalism, slavery and indiscriminately slaughtering civilians including women and children. While they may not have been proud about those particular characteristics, they were certainly proud that their ancestors were prepared to fight, even against far better armed opponent. These wer very brave and very tough men. I suspect the southerners who object to the removal of the statues of their ancestors feel the same way. they don't support slavery, but the honour the memory of those who fought for their people, despite the fact that they lost.
We cannot judge the actions of our ancestors based on today’s values, but we can still honour them for the qualities they had such as courage, perseverance, loyalty to their people and willingness to take great risks or even lay down their lives for the causes they believed in.
Posted by Rhys Jones, Thursday, 25 January 2018 2:44:37 PM
Rhys your post is far to sensible for many of the loather here. Well written.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 25 January 2018 3:07:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy