The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The grim future awaiting our boys > Comments

The grim future awaiting our boys : Comments

By Peter West, published 31/10/2017

Do a search on 'boys' education' and look at the astounding number of articles determined not to help boys to learn.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
A little mandatory national service will take Australia a long way....and I don't mean a lottery for opportunistic wars.... and those that don't do national service can't go into politics.
Posted by ilmessaggio, Wednesday, 1 November 2017 7:27:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let's face it WE stuffed it up. WE allowed the unions to keep pushing for more pay, slowly making us too expensive to export. We have allowed and facilitated our own demise. As long as we hold to the 'she'll be right mate' attitude we will not turn this around. I am one who 'lived to work', not 'worked to live'. Well, how ya livin now? People are like children. At voting time they all flock to the mongrels who make promises they never intended to keep. How stupid, naive, greedy and selfish are Australians? There are NO work ethics. I would like people to learn reason and common sense. If we did this from the start we might be more like Germany and Japan. After all this is 'the lucky country' isn't it? Still feeling lucky? This country has to go through some 'real' pain before it can become viable again. Firstly house prices have to fall between 30 and 50%. Wages also have to do the same. ALL commodities, energy, water etc; also cut, and should go back into public ownership. Some women, such as mothers of young children, vacate their jobs allowing for men with families to find full time employment. The world will not implode if a few 'carrier seeking' women stopped work. In fact I've had it up to here and back again with women being elevated to and beyond stations they should not be, all because of some guilt trip promoted by women. Well enough. If your not equal or better than a male candidate then 'on ya bike'. Another of our stupid practices is the politically correct crap of 'we don't have enough women in the workplace, compared to men'. How stupid and nonsensical is that. The only things we export now are things with no value added, (with no labour content) like, minerals, (just dig it up and ship it out), gas, live animal trade and basically things with minimal or no labour involved. In conclusion. 'Grow up Australia' you've lost the plot and refuse to admit you are wrong.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 2 November 2017 5:47:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
News today: Thousands of jobs lost in NAB bank. While they announce a fat profit. There go more jobs for men and women!
Posted by Waverley, Thursday, 2 November 2017 11:21:24 AM
When equality comes at no cost, respect is non existent
With no respect there is no order and with no order you have social anarchy with indolence as it's cornerstone.
Australia's only hope is that the cultures residing within are able to maintain their residual family and social respect and are able to convey the necessity for it's ongoing presence and practice.
That's the theoretical...the reality is that things will get worse.
Amusement was once seen as a reward...today it's considered mandatory with work being seen as punishment for the inability to choose otherwise
Posted by ilmessaggio, Thursday, 2 November 2017 11:32:06 AM
Adani mine may be financed by the Chinese, with proviso- the jobs will go to Chinese.

We may as well call ourselves South China these days

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/nov/02/china-may-bankroll-adanis-carmichael-mine-statements-show
Posted by Waverley, Friday, 3 November 2017 11:39:13 AM
I am of two minds about China buying and staffing the Adani mine. The negative is obvious, but look a little deeper. If China does not establish it's own support infrastructure then we are still in with a chance, as they will need many forms of assistance and supply chains to keep a mine operating. It's a thought. It's not something Aussies want to face or discuss, but over the next few years we are going to watch our economy drop to levels not seen for decades. This is the beginning of the Asian era. We will come down a few notches and Asia will climb up a few. It is the process which will see Asia rise to first World status and we by comparison will slide somewhat. I have over the years tried to explain how the labour party (AKA the communists) have tried to sabotage Australia, especially obvious during the war, when the 'wharfies' held our supply ships from getting to our soldiers. How many of your relatives died because of these scumbags? I have argued that the labour members should all be stoned or shot for causing the death of our forefathers. And yet the brainless morons, (the people) still vote for them. Look it up. Remember you did this.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 3 November 2017 5:06:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy