The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why won't women's advocates support banning the burka? > Comments

Why won't women's advocates support banning the burka? : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 7/9/2017

Islamic communities within suburbia in our major cities seem to have struck an alliance with Labor and the Greens.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Australia should also take a stand and ban the wearing of breast covering garments in public places.

And no false teeth either!

As parliament especially should be an example of transparency: no coverings whatsoever are to be allowed in parliament house!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 7 September 2017 8:45:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One area of this not explained or explored? Why is it that muslim men cannot be trusted with any woman who does not cover herself? The well known penchant for pack rape in the islamic community is horrific enough but also knowing that radicalism is rife in prisons is even worse.
Please tell me what this vile ideology has to offer our country and how long before any criticism is answered with criminal charges, courtesy of the odious Andrews & Co.
Blasphemy, do not make me laugh, I do not believe and I vote. I will vote against politicians who do not do as I want.
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 7 September 2017 9:35:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are two terrorist groups operating in Australia , Chinese and gays; Muslims are not terrorists!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 7 September 2017 9:37:10 AM
"This includes bans on female circumcision, on polygamy, and on forced or under-age marriage."
These affect children where the burqa is adult . Brendan O'Reilly may have been in a church which had interest in children. These also hit kids for speaking Aboriginal languages and talking about Dreaming which is un-Australian. Those kids used to get around without clothing but now they're just like normal well-covered politicians and bee keepers and Chinese in flu masks. Flu mask, Brendan ?
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 7 September 2017 9:47:07 AM
Yes. The burka is the most confronting thing ever to arrive in dying, multicultural Australia. And I'm glad that Brendan is not using the alien Arabic spelling!

The 'feminists' don't criticise it because they are s..t frightened if Muslims. They are all mouth only when it comes to tolerant Australians.

It is appalling that an ignoramus like George Brandis thinks that the burka is a religious garment. Women cannot expect justice in a country whose Attorney General supports suppression of their sex.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 September 2017 10:05:30 AM
All experts seem to agree that the majority of communication is via non verbal means. From birth babies study their mothers faces, and the faces of others, trying to learn non verbal clues. Psychologists use body language as part of their diagnostic routine.
Covering someone from head to toe is the most effective way of ensuring that person is isolated from the rest of the community due to lack of ability to communicate effectively.
I cannot understand why anyone would wish to move to a strange country then deliberately isolate themselves from the rest of the community. It's no wonder their children learn to hate those who are different.
Posted by Big Nana, Thursday, 7 September 2017 11:01:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy