The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Stoning the Aussie Mossie? > Comments

Stoning the Aussie Mossie? : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 22/8/2005

Irfan Yusuf replies to John Stone's criticisms of the Australian Muslim population.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I can't believe the naivety of many posts here! Do you people really not know? Don't read the papers? Don't see the prison numbers? Middle-eastern people make up more than the number of Aboriginies in our prisons, yet they are only 300000 community! Also, where are the Muslim drunks, drug addicts, like the Aboriginals, which are reasons for their madness!

I guess when your sole experience of multiculti is the restaurant you dine in, you have a different outlook then when you actually live among them, for years, seeing your neighbours waving Lebanese flags after the 911 attacks in the street, and Muslims hugging on the sidewalk.

You people are the reason they go on, having ten kids while never working. Have any of you ever seen the unemployment stats on the Turkish community? 90% unemployment! Yet again, no drug or alcohol problems. It is racism

Ever seen a volunteer worker of Muslim origin? Outside of their own tribalistic community I mean. Isn't it weird that in Bankstown, the fire brigafde, police, ambo's, SES volunteers have one Arab between them? Do you not see that this lack of wanting to fit in shows they are racist?

These orgs go out of their way to get these ethnocentric groups to sign up, but no, this nation is a bank to these people. They view their Citizenship as a CENTRELINK form.

It will all come out in the next ten years, indeed, if one looks to five years back, at the height of One Nation, everybody is now saying the same. ATSIC should go she said, there will be violence here from certain ethnic groups, who want to alter our way of life.....hhmmmm. Still, those who are brainwashed to believe that only the white man can be a bigot won't see it until your being attacked in the street!
Posted by Benjamin, Wednesday, 31 August 2005 9:27:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Benjamin,
All i can say is that you're living proof that freedom of speech is alive and well - which ensures that even the most uninformed punter can have a say. Isn't it wonderful we all live in such a clever country! I'm weeping with joyous relief.
Posted by Rainier, Wednesday, 31 August 2005 10:33:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fellow Human.. welcome back...I'M JEALOUS !
How come u get to go and enjoy all that sun :) While I have to stay here and serve my customers needs... grrrr

I'll address your point about 'which of these values are un-Australian'... none, they are fine. It's not really what is being argued.

My points are specific, and reflect a growing groundwell of opinion on how our own culture is being 'confronted' by various activies and legal moves. Its not the 'Fellow Humans's in the local neighbourhood who we worry about. Its the gangs of Telopea street and those who call their 100s of relatives to storm the police station etc.. (all real events).

On an individual level, as a guest to our home, (but would you eat our food ?) on many levels we can interact in a friendly way.
If you choose to live in the midst of us, not gathering in ghetto's people would hardly notice you all.
My son has a friend who's father and mum are Muslims, but they are the only one's in the street... no biggy. Pretty much no impact on culture. But as soon as the 'Lebanese Muslim ASSOCIATION's' etc etc and the various 'Islamic Councils' start up..and they try to influence our laws and social system.. the flag goes up.

I'm sure you can identify with these, simply by asking how such things would go down in Pakistan or Bangladesh or Saudi Arabia etc if we were doing them. Each time we apply for land for a Church, the Muslims in Malaysia (where they are only 25% in that state) kick up a fuss. The Buddhists don't, the Pharlungong don't, the Hindu's don't.. just the Muslims :)

So.. good question.. if I invited u to my place, and we had roast beef.. would you eat it ? :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 31 August 2005 11:02:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Personally I cannot believe the present transmigration of Muslims across the Globe gives one confidence they can happily assimilate into the local culture.

See what Muslims are doing to the displacement of indiginous citizens in West Papua. They are not enhancing their life just killing them off.

Visit the swimming pools of Hurstville and Homebush and you will see fully clothed Muslim women batheing in contravention to our culture and health laws. They are defiant to observe our laws because they consider they have a religious sanction to be fully clothed.
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 31 August 2005 11:51:05 PM
Fellow_Human,

I am glad you love Australia... Now, about that question. Why don't you answer me? Read the Hadith (Bukhari, 52, 261) from the MSA site and tell me if Mohammed was a good man? The Muslim Student Assciation is a big organization at hundreds of campuses. Hardly qualifies as 'funky'! Give it your best shot.

Unconquered. Thank you for your kind comments. Must be hard, but life is a wild ride.

Rossco, it is not a "small minority" of Muslims. Most of them in fact think their laws and customs should supercede ours. Most of them will not even condemn torture! (see above)

About immigration and assimulation. Understand the rules have changed - 100 years ago a family would move and they had to assimulate. Now with multiculturalism, welfare and technology, this is different. A group can live, work, worship and even hate, and live side by side with another group. When people praise past immigration (as in the US or Australia) they are talking about a world that no longer exists. It is like the generals planning for the last war. Things have changed, but the politicians and intellectuals don't know it.

Welfare now makes immigrants independent of work and responsibility. Multiculturalism makes them immune from OFFICIAL criticism and discourages integration. Modern technology means they can live in the West like they never left home (and even eat their favorite Pakistani dishes or watch their favorite Imam in Arabia on TV telling them to hate the infidels). It is a whole new world. The effects of globalism, new communication technology and mass migrations are so many and so deep that they are beyond any individual's understanding. This is a dangerous mixture one day and it will explode. Boom.

I think the future may not be pleasant, but it will be interesting!

PS: Oh yes, about the hajib. I couldn't care less if a Muslimah wears 4 scarfs, 5 veils and 6 burkas, or even if she wants to wear a tent over it all. Not my problem, as long as I can say that I think!

John Kactuz
Posted by kactuz, Thursday, 1 September 2005 5:44:00 AM
Wre,

I agree with most of your points on need for modernisation, need to be more active in the society and louder in the face of fanaticism. All I am against is the need for me to be apologetic about my faith every time some happens by a group or organisation.

BD,

Was great holiday specially the mount Sinai and St Catherine visit. Thought of you and smiled. I also visited the Moalaqa church in Cairo.
BTW, I will eat your food (I don’t assume I will need a food taster!) as long as it is Kosher compatible.
Average muslim like myself will disagree with a lot of actions/statements coming from the so called muslim associations either by what they broadcast. Unfortunately, we are in a country where any 3 people.

As for muslims ‘doing nothing about fanaticism’ let me share a sad but true story:

Oct or Nov 2002 I was walking the streets of a sydney suburb when I saw a bookshop selling an 'interesting' collection wahabbi style extremism. Browsing the index of the book, I called an Aussie security hotline to report the existence of these book and that they should be banned or at least investigated. Do you know what was the answer of the hotline officer? “ it is a free country and we cannot ban books, thank you for calling!”!

Kaktuz,

First not sure about religious debate point but if you want to debate a faith at least chose the source that is binding to all muslims (ie the Quran). Hadith is neither divine nor binding to muslims and most of it are either weak, non-narrated, questionable source or 200 years later ‘hear, say’. Have a look at www.beliefnet.com. And knock yourself out debating!.
Posted by Fellow_Human, Thursday, 1 September 2005 8:48:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy