The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mind what you eat > Comments

Mind what you eat : Comments

By Scott MacInnes, published 9/6/2017

So let's all step up! Let's make a stand on moral principle and commit to making more ethical food choices in the future to reduce animal suffering.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Thanks for the explanation Alan. From your post we can then assume that these weird fruitcake vegans, due to their lack of b12 become even more weird due to the lack of it. Of course we know they are in poor health because the lack of iron leads to them becoming anaemic.

I don't mind fruitcakes inhabiting the planet, but I do mind when they start pushing their tomfoolery at everyone else.

Then this garbage about animal cruelty on farms. Yes I suppose there is a bit at times, but it is more a suburban thing than a farm thing. Most farmers have put years of study into developing his stock, & their blood lines. They become very protective of that stock.

I have seen graziers crying while shooting sheep that were going to starve in a drought. I was very close to it when I had to put down my very old stallion, who had developed cancer. After 28 years, & having taught a couple of kids to ride, win nicely, & take losing happily, he was very much part of the family. 2 years later I still miss his nicker as I pass his special paddock near the house, & remember he's gone.

This bloke wouldn't know which way is up.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 10 June 2017 3:45:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Have you heard about this revolutionary new method to make your child grow faster and taller?
One parent holds the baby's head, the other holds his/her legs and they pull...... Ouch!

Upon reaching a point in one's spiritual development, once ready, one will naturally stop eating meat: you can't rush it - or you will kill the baby!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 10 June 2017 9:27:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not against eating meat but what interests me is the fact
that humans put themselves way above animals because animals are seen to be
savage killers of other animals for food.

Well, hidden on the other side of the human curtain, we slaughter just as many animals if not more, for food.
Given that animals are very loving and caring to their families
even savage lions, is there really that much superiority between them and human beings.

I think that humans really delude themselves as to their nobility and intellectual elevation above the animals on this planet.
Add in the fact, that we are quite willing to condone the savage killing of millions of animals every year
for our consumption, there really doesn't seem to be much difference.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 10 June 2017 9:29:33 PM
Dear CHERFUL,

«there really doesn't seem to be much difference.»

So true: difference between humans and other species doesn't come automatically - it requires effort.

YOU can make that difference!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 10 June 2017 9:56:19 PM
If you want to talk about anyone deluding themselves CHERFUL as to their nobility and intellectual elevation above the animals on this planet, it is the greenies who do that in spades. I am sick to death of the lot of them, & this bloke is a prime example.

I have never seen a single greenie action that is not wrong, & causing undesirable results. Their whole history is of stupidity leading to unintended consequences.

I no longer have wrens, silver eyes, & a few other small birds at my bird bath, or nesting in the awful asparagus fern I have left growing, as a safe nesting site for them. Why, because those fool greenies got crows protected.

For 20 of the last 26 years there were no crows in this area. It is not their natural habitat, & there were none. However with protection they have proliferated so much they are being forced into new areas. Bet the idiot greenies think that is great.

I wonder how much longer this result will take to drive all our small birds to extinction. Crows will push through scrub that no other birds will, even Currawong to destroy the nest of these small birds, as soon as the eggs hatch.

I made plantings to encourage them, & even had blue wrens nesting in the fernery, but no more. With the arrival of the crows I have watched them diminish to where I have not seen one in 2 or 3 years. The earth would profit greatly, if we could find a way to make these damn greenies go extinct.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 11 June 2017 12:08:23 AM
Thank you to all those who have made this thread so enjoyable :) God, I laughed at some of the posts !

Trying to get through to inner-city people about how the world actually works is a constant struggle: many seem to have just discovered where meat comes from, and are suddenly horrified. They probably think cabbages are assembled on belt by factory workers. Don't tell them about milk or eggs.

But I must protest about a couple of things: I've worked in a meat works and on a dairy farm. At the meat-works, the slaughtering of animals was very quick, clean and almost painless (given that it was almost instantaneous). Perhaps the inner-city people were thinking of halal killing: slowly, facing Mecca, 'letting all the bad blood out' ?

And farmers love their animals probably more than one of those dreamers, sipping their Soy Kale Lattes, can imagine. My late beloved bother-in-law, running the dairy on an Indigenous community, knew many of his cows by name and certainly he could recognise most of them, always with affection. Of course, I know it's easy to love cows, those beautiful big brown eyes, and they're so giving.

And, inner-city people, THAT's where milk comes from !

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 11 June 2017 10:19:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy