The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An America after Trump > Comments

An America after Trump : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 17/1/2017

We may conclude that this is the final verdict on the American Experiment; that the philosophies that founded the nation have come home to roost.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I love US politics. Give me more.

Trump is more colourful than any of our cardboard cutout politicians.

He is a scary showman who has the world's imagination. The greatest actor on Stage Earth.

Trump's every projection will effect Australia.

Hey, Life on Earth may now be a little shorter than anticipated, but at least it will be more exciting. And we won't have to worry about Climate Change.
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 17 January 2017 10:35:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He does seem like a bit of show pony lol, but also appears to care about middle peoples whos job went overseas. Lord knows that the churches didn't have answers for workers damaged by one world globalism.
Posted by progressive pat, Tuesday, 17 January 2017 11:07:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The old adage still rings true: "We get the politicians we deserve." The sad fact that the great majority world-wide are self-serving rather than serving the people if they were to be honest is something that has the propensity to cause some 'minor ripples' or even perhaps a tsumani . . .wait and see perhaps . . . Another quote, I think by Jefferson: "I tremble for my country when I remind myself [he was a biased Christian I admit] that God is a just God."

Perhaps to throw some more fuel on the fire with a 'rather 'controversial' comment: Did God arrange the Nazi rise and Holocaust in an unsuccessful attempt to 'encourage' the Jews to understand that while they were his "chosen race 'they needed to move on and recognise that Jesus Christ was not a liar or a lunatic but just perhaps, he was God's Son - the Messiah! . . ."Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, like forgiveness, until we have to practice giving it to others." Peter Johnson
Posted by Citizens Initiated Action, Tuesday, 17 January 2017 11:28:59 AM
There is no group think WE here sells! Just you, your crystal ball and a bagful of forgone conclusions!

If Donald Trump has no Idea what Donald Trump is going to do or say from minute to minute?

How in heaven's name do you expect to second guess him, let alone use your patent fear mongering as some sort of recruitment to the cause vehicle?

Mr Trump is manifestly not a moral man, neither was a clearly corrupt Nixon, the assassinated, war hero Kennedy nor the womanizing Clinton?

The latter bringing one of the most astute, economically literate minds to the position! And witnessed by the results he engendered with his preferred policies?

While I might agree with your assessments, I prefer to wait the usual first ninety days to reach some results based value judgement!

His morals and moral code while seemingly atrocious, does not necessarily disqualify! Nor a manipulated election?

If the Yank religious right can live with it? What chance you and a tiny OLO audience?

Say what you like, but at least Joh (my fellow Queenslanders, next Sunday, lettuce spray) could make it rain?

Get a handle on that one and you'll likely not only fill the pews, but the plate as well!

Peace be with thee and with thy spirit
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 17 January 2017 12:13:09 PM
Very true Alan B.

Especially "the plate as well!". Where would the God Fearing Stockbrokers, Bankers and other Sellers of Perth be without Church ticket punching on Sundays?

Further, it is important to our Yankee betters that Trump worships Mammon. "In God We Trust" maintaining respect for the Almighty Dollar. For more see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust#Criticism .
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 17 January 2017 1:09:18 PM
This essay sums up the situation of the self-serving Godless ego-culture in which the liar-in-chief has inevitably appeared.
http://www.beezone.com/basketoftolerance/myfirstwordbaskettoleranceADAPTED.html

But conventional entirely exoteric christian-ism is not about Real God. To be a sinner is to be entirely self-possessed or Godless.
http://www.beezone.com/AdiDa/Aletheon/three_great_myths.html

Sells seems to forget that many influential right-wing so called conservative christian leaders including the principal "catholic" bishops outfit enthusiastically endorsed the Chump, even claiming that he was going to be the necessary agent to re-christianize or bring "god" back to American culture.

Isn't it about time that people stopped referring to the USA as a uniquely "religious" country.

Remember too that when Barack Obama was first elected that there was much hyperbolic ranting about he (Obama) was the anti-"christ". Strange that that hyperbolic theme is not being used now.

Re the essentially harmless protests that are occurring in response to the Chump. If Killary had been elected the protests against her would be much more widespread and probably much more violent too. Remember that during the erection campaign there was open talk of armed rebellion if she was elected.

Remember that when Obama was elected there was a virtual explosion in the number of right-wing militia groups, in opposition to him.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 17 January 2017 1:33:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy