The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It's all about trust > Comments

It's all about trust : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 12/12/2016

The Minister for Justice, Michael Keenan, told me that he never had any intention of allowing the shotguns to be imported. In other words, there had never been any intention of keeping to the bargain.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
"Trust" should never be uttered in the same breath as "politician"; all politicians are untrustworthy, now that politics is an over-paid career choice that has nothing to do with public service.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 December 2016 9:22:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I honestly don't understand the pollies' reaction to the Adler. 5 shots are ok... 7 shots are a no no... really?

The Adler, if it is popular, is not because its a weapon of mass destruction, there are better guns on the market, you just have to pay a bit more.

Pump actions are just as fast some faster. So what is the issue? Just a knee jerk reaction to some slick advertising if you ask me. Some gun retailers have done the proverbial and shot themselves in the foot.
Talk about over-reaction and storms in teacups....
Posted by T800, Monday, 12 December 2016 10:03:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@ttbn, something I can agree with. Good people may go into politics for all the right reasons, However they never stay long, and seldom make per-selection in major parties.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Monday, 12 December 2016 10:47:46 AM
Trust David? What? In an honest politician? You'd have to find one first!

That said, how dare you presume to do backdoor deals that reflect only on your personal belief, PEDANTIC PREDILECTIONS or preferences, rather than those of the wider NSW electorate you were elected, presumably, hopefully, occasionally to represent, as an UNCOMPROMISED STATE SENATOR!

And they likely outnumber shooters and fishers, three to one? State licenced shooters and Fishers are represented by State politicians exclusively!

Did you forget where you are, what and who you are and whose views you are paid to represent?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 12 December 2016 12:01:12 PM
Alan B says "That said, how dare you presume to do backdoor deals that reflect only on your personal belief, PEDANTIC PREDILECTIONS or preferences, rather than those of the wider NSW electorate you were elected,". But he ran on a platform of protecting freedoms, including the freedoms to own firearms. Just as we would expect a Greens senator to stand up the rights of refugees or be anti-logging, we must expect a Libertarian senator to stand up for freedoms. That is how our democracy works, flawed as it may be.
Posted by Rhys Jones, Monday, 12 December 2016 12:34:45 PM
I haven't ever contesteed the right to own firearms, just dubious backdoor deals that are only about, two more shots in a magazine? Some rights can't be traded away for two more shots in a gun few have heard of, even though it's 120 year old technology. Moreover there's vastly superior weapons or anti-varmint tools!

Simply put, if you can't bring down a duck with two shots? Five more won't help.

Personally, I'd opt for a fully automatic five shot equipped with a barel tip laser pointer. I'd sooner a dead bird than one critically wounded but able to fly away and die by degrees over a painful day! Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 12 December 2016 1:23:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy