The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia could take many more refugee families > Comments

Australia could take many more refugee families : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 5/8/2016

Australia, of all nations, could be the first to show the world that people of many creeds and beliefs can live together in peace.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
Of course the author will gladly offer his house to share with a family that has no respect for women, and offer his daughter to the "man" of the family, then give him 80% of his wage, to do nothing.

Reduce immigration now, how can we offer 600000 middle east people a home, we don't have the water resources, food, social security, housing, police, medical, schools or other infrastructure to cope.

If the author wants to lower his standard of living, that's great. But I do not want my family exposed to a lower standard of living and higher crime because "other countries are doing more"

The irony of the left saying we should do more as long as it does not effect their tax payer funded salary
Posted by kirby483, Friday, 5 August 2016 3:41:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ateday: It as, after all, nature what keeps us alive.

No, nature tries to kill us. We have to keep ourselves alive.

Think of it. Every living organism gets eaten by some other living organism, eventually. Don't tell that to the Greenies they'll have a heart attack.

Refugees are OK, as long as they are predominately Christian or Buddhist & maybe a few Hindus, but definitely no moslems of any Race. I like to die of old age, not having my head lopped off or being blown up by some enraged moderate.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 5 August 2016 3:47:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo, how did you manage that ? I've tried to get [deleted for abuse] but nobody reads my posts anyway.

Either Mr Bowden is still living in his mum's garage, or he has a very large house of his own. How many refugees is he willing to take ?

A recent article in The Australian showed that the number of refugees in electorates where Greens' senators lived (and Bandt) was distressingly low: there were far more refugees in, say, Mt Druitt, than in Carlton. The greens must be distraught.

So perhaps any new refugees could be especially channelled into their electorates ? I'm not enthusiastic about pleasing the Greens but I'm sure they would be overjoyed.

Perhaps Dr di Natale could replace his au pair with an ex-slave ? He wouldn't have to pay any extra.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 5 August 2016 4:05:59 PM
With the ease of modern travel, one of the effects of war seems to be mass numbers of refugees fleeing into other countries.

In the past, if a politician or despot started a war, then the people could not travel fast enough to escape, and they were often slaughtered or enslaved.

Mohammad knew a lot about that.

But now, the population of a country is able to travel faster and escape to become refugees in another country.

And what Australia can be doing is only forming trade agreements or alliances with countries that are signatories to the International Criminal Court.

The International Criminal Court puts some restraint on politicians and despots, and they are less likely to start a war and cause mass numbers of refugees.

The most warmongering country in the world is the US, which has been at war almost continuously throughout its existence (or at war for 214 years out of 236 years).

The US has caused most of the world's refugees in recent years, and is likely to cause many more if Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump becomes US president.

If a refugee comes from a country where america has illegally attacked, then the refugee is sent to america, and the american public pays for the cost of that refugee.

Or, a country can take in a refugee, but that country also sends america the bill.

The american public love their wars as much as their politicians, and the american public must now pay for the cost of the refugees that are created by their wars.
Posted by interactive, Friday, 5 August 2016 4:32:17 PM
Joe,
Dunno, I didn't swear, I called him stupid a couple of times. Can't recall exactly, but was what I thought.

Perhaps I shoulda just said his opinions were stupid, which was obvious.

First time for me. I have said worse, I think. Better behave I suppose.
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 5 August 2016 4:56:00 PM
Hi Banjo,

Yes, the fine art of tactful satire, sarcasm and irony has been neglected recently, but I hope that OLO can provide fertile fields for it to flourish again. It has so far.

Interactive,

On the US as Evil Incarnate: if you gave the average refugee two airline tickets, one to, say, Saudi Arabia and the other to the US, which one do you reckon they will use ? Which would you use ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 5 August 2016 5:32:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All