The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rubbishing Pauline Hanson: the campaign continues > Comments

Rubbishing Pauline Hanson: the campaign continues : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 3/8/2016

University campuses are covered in myopic campaign gatherings against 'that Hanson woman'. The time she therefore receives in terms of interest and coverage tends to be out of all proportion to her actual relevance.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I may not agree with things that she says, but I think her past experiences have made her more mature.

Journalists can be real snobs especially when they don't like you.

Good on you Pauline for not rolling over and playing dead.
Posted by Wolly B, Wednesday, 3 August 2016 8:08:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wolly B: I may not agree with things that she says,

I may not agree with all she says either, but, then again I don't agree with everything the LNP or the ALP says either.

One has to weigh up if one agrees with, or does not agree with most of what any Political Party says. There are things that the LNP are for & I'm against & the same with the ALP. I can't say that I agree with any of the Greens Policies though. An exception, I suppose.

Would it be seen as "Unacceptable, UnPC." to denigrate this woman if she was not Pauline. If she was, say, the Human Rights Commissioner woman? Those that think they're above the Great Unwashed would be up in arms & their would be riots & mayhem in the streets.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 3 August 2016 9:44:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Educated and erudite argument.

The folks who disliked Pauline the most, were those folk who saw a vastly more vicious caricature of her every time they looked in their mirror or engaged in some extraordinarily rare soul searching?

I might have voted for Miz Hanson or One nation when she first appeared on the scene, but for her racist attitudes and announcements!

That said, in politics, any publicity is generally good publicity. And her current anti multicultural stand will likely win the hearts and minds of those with neither?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 3 August 2016 10:18:17 AM
Alan B: but for her racist attitudes and announcements!

Instead of just reading the Headlines from some biased Journalist you should read her whole Policy. You will realize they're not as "Racist" as they're made out to be by the "Inteligencia."

Just why are the "Inteligencia" so afraid of her? Are they afraid that people will take notice of someone other than them? I think so. That, is their greatest fear.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 3 August 2016 10:40:08 AM
Pauline Hanson has been the target of the sort of people who always abuse and denegrate anybody who doesn't conform to the current trend and weakness of multiculturalism and relativism. The idea that all kinds of different people can live together is manufactured crap. Multiculturalism has proved to be a dud everywhere it has been tried, including Australia, where we now have a tribal system of various communities with nothing in common.

Apart from the Muslim community, there is real threat of violence from other ethnic communities, but there is less national ethos, as the host is watered down. There is no shared history. No shared future. No shared roots. No shared love. What has happened to the aboriginal people of this land, as they gradually saw their way of life slip away, is now beginning to happen to the white settlers. The current sneerers and jeerers of Pauline Hanson won't be here to see it happen - they only care about the present - but our Anglo/Saxon/European culture will die out, along with the English language. We will be just another ancient, dead civilization, like the Roman empire, replaced by barbarians.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 3 August 2016 11:06:42 AM
Pauline was of course right in her fear. We are being taken over by Asians, at least economically. They are not a problem on our streets, & even in suburbs where they have taken over, their presence is unobtrusive, although their financial clout may become a problem.

What even she did not predict is the level of no go areas generated by the later wave of really undesirable Muslims, & now Africans. I personally know ladies in both Sydney & Melbourne who will not leave their semi fortress homes other in a locked car, via remote controlled doors & gates.

They will not shop in their previously pleasant suburbs, & can't wait to get out. All they have to do is sell out, but finding buyers is a problem.

Of course our elites, bureaucrats & academics live in suburbs not yet invaded by these undesirables, so can denigrate those suffering the results of their policies, but their time is coming. Well it is unless more get behind the Hanson's among us, & stop the rot. Her existence was enough to bring a little sense to the majors the first time round, but much more is needed.

Unfortunately it will probably be only after we are as bad as France that they will wake up, & by then the problem will be immensely worse & hard to solve.

Lets hope she has learnt from the first time, & develops more carefully & slowly. If she lets the smarties jump on her bandwagon again, it will be to all our determent.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 3 August 2016 1:49:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy