The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > While you are enjoying the Christmas holidays > Comments

While you are enjoying the Christmas holidays : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 23/12/2015

I am particularly concerned about his suggestion in regard to critics of Islam that it is 'blasphemous' to comment on someone else's religion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Dear Robini,

Kindly go back to page 2 of this discussion.
A link was given.
My position on the subject is quite clear.
As Suse stated earlier - its not brain
surgery for most intelligent Australians.

The following link may clarify things for you
as to what Muslims believe:

http://mic.com/articles/39669/3-simple-charts-that-explain-what-muslims-believe*.ozfzC2GNW
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 2 January 2016 8:06:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In reply to Foxy:

1. The SMH article by Michael Bachelard describing problems we are now having with Islamic immigration are exactly the arguments put 40 years ago in the public debate (which was suppressed by Govt and Media and Universities) on the future problems of multiculturalism.
Of course he now warns of these dangers........30-40 years too late.

2. Your three simple charts referred to on page 2 which you urge us to study are simplistic. Re the question of % support for Sharia law by the Muslim population in various countries. For instance Russia is coloured orange meaning 60%-79% of Russian Muslims want Sharia as the official religion and Law. This says to me that there are large political divisions within the Russian population
Astonishingly most of the Muslim Countries governed by Sharia are left blank! It could mean that no surveys were done because the Muslim Govts. forbade the surveys.

3. You strongly recommended that I and others read these articles to gain a better understanding.

4) You denigrated Christianity for being complicit in World Wars and mass murder. Modern Christianity fought against Prussian militarism,
Nazism, Communism and brought education, infrastructure, health to many countries in Africa and quite a few in Asia.

5)It was Christian countries in the British Empire and Commonwaelth that fought alone against Hitler in 1939-41, probably saving a Nazi hegemony over half the world.

6)It was the Christian countries in 1919-20 incl Australia that tried to stop the Bolsheviks from taking over Russia. They failed unfortunately and the result was Stalin murdered millions in labor camps.

7) America tried to save China from Communism in 1945-49 and failed.
The result was the greatest mass murder in history when Maotse Tung murdered 60 million by withdrawing the harvest in 1959-61 like Stalin did in 1930-33.

Good Luck
Posted by robinL, Sunday, 3 January 2016 4:41:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Foxy

I recommend you read The Crisis of Islam by Bernard Lewis published 2003

Lewis was Professor of Middle eastern studies at Uni London 1949-74 and Prof Emeritus at Princeton since 1974. He is the author of 14 books on the Middle East Islam and Christianity,

RobinL
Posted by robinL, Sunday, 3 January 2016 4:47:18 PM
Gott mit uns, said Adolf to his Lutherans and Catholics so Stalin mobilised his Russian Orthodox Church and this means my blood which is given by Christians in memory of me every Sunday.
Posted by nicknamenick, Sunday, 3 January 2016 5:05:07 PM
Dear Robini,

Thank You for the book you recommend.
I shall try to get a hold of a copy.

I can recommend for you a few more books -

1) Robert Conquest, "The Harvest of Sorrow,"
on the Ukrainian famine.

2) "Victims of Yalta," by Nikolai Tolstoy.

3) "The Minister and the Massacre,"
deals with Harold Macmillan and his involvement
in certain atrocities.

World War II produced tens of millions of victims.
Some were combatants, some civilian casualties of the war.
Others were victims of genocide planned by the warring
parties. Both the Nazis and the Communists had
committed unheard of cruelties. Concentration camps - on
both sides of the front operated at a high pitch prior to
and during the war years. While the USSR policy of mass
murder preceded that of Nazi Germany, most notably with the
artificial Ukrainian famine of 1932-33, the wholesale
destruction of the Russian peasantry, and intelligentsia in the
occupied territories as well, the Nazis
soon matched Soviet terror with their wholesale slaughter of Jews, Gypsies and others, in
equal numbers, if not proportions of their populations.

While half of the criminals, the Nazis have been pursued all
over the world for their crimes, the other half, the
communist criminals, were allowed to go free. They were in effect,
given tacit permission to continue the operation of their
concentration camps, to expand their draconian system to
include psychiatric wards, thereby raising torture, suppression, and
murder to a science.

The fact that this process persisted was vividly disclosed to the
free world by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitzyn in his book, "The
Gulag Archipelago."
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 3 January 2016 5:56:53 PM
cont'd

I forgot to add that it was the Christian countries
that chose to turn a blind eye to the atrocities
committed by the Soviet Regime.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 3 January 2016 6:19:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy