The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Islamism, atheism, and the 'Voldemort' effect > Comments

Islamism, atheism, and the 'Voldemort' effect : Comments

By Brian Morris, published 1/12/2015

The Muslim majority (who are 'non-observant') are integral in the entire complex process of dissuading young minds from the allure of IS and martyrdom.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Another one of those “lets hold hands and say nice things to moderate Muslims and all will be well” articles.
Our leaders have reached out to so-called moderates for decades and it has worked out so well. Yeah, things are getting better and better.

Perhaps we should try something called “honesty” instead. We should tell Muslims we are offended by the hate and violence in the Quran, the evil deeds of Mohammad and the oppression in the Islamic world. Maybe it would cause them to consider the problems with their dogma, but probably not. It would make them mad, but they are already mad at us, so nothing changes and it continues to get worse.

There is nothing we can do to change Muslims, moderate or not. They are blind to facts, truth and reality. Worse yet, our leaders are also blind (or stupid or foolish). They continue to bring people to live with us who will cause problems, violence and death. We are doomed.
Posted by kactuz, Tuesday, 1 December 2015 2:46:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indeed Kactuz,
We all need a history lesson.
The link below tells you why they are so reluctant to criticise Islam.
Have you all noticed, even if you are not a Christian or like me have
not been to church for many years, except weddings, that when you hear
about the slaughter of Christians, it raises a little extra angst in
you that you did not expect ?
That is history speaking to you from perhaps your DNA.

Read this, it will explain it. I knew a fair bit of West v Islamic
history or so I thought but this video (44 mins) is a real wake up call.

http://tinyurl.com/zkrv2nc

History has much more to tell you.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 1 December 2015 4:18:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Every time another terrorist outrage involving Muslims murdering Westerners occur, the apologists of multiculturalism come out to tell us everything is wonderful. Even if I believed Morris's statistics (which I don't), the fact remains that the numbers of imported Muslims who want to murder the people of their adopted country are horrifying. This has never happened with any other racial or religious group.

Morris comes out with the already discredited concepts of the "moderate Muslim" and the opinion that recognising Muslims as an enemy is what ISIS wants us to do.

If there were any "moderate Muslims" around, one would have thought that the perfect opportunity to criticise their own religion was when that Nigerian court sentenced Armina Lawal to be stoned to death for adultery. All we heard from the so called "moderate Muslim majority" was a deafening silence. One Grand Mufti in Australia has shown how "moderate" he is by calling 9/11 "God's work against oppressors", and the rape of 70 Australian girls by Muslim race hate rape packs was all the fault of the "cat meat" Aussie sluts. The latest "moderate" one will not criticise ISIS, and his explanation for terrorism is that it is all the west's fault.

The President of Turkey has said that "There is no moderate Islam. Islam is Islam, and that's that."

Since when did “moderate” Muslims stop believing in Sharia Law? And when did they start believing in the separation of Church and state? When did they stop believing that apostates, homosexuals and critics of Islam should not be murdered?

Then Brian tries the todge that recognising Muslims as the enemy will drive them into the arms of ISIS. To start with that presumes that they are not already there. I thought that creating a world wide caliphate was central to being a Muslim? In any case, extend the logic to Nazis and Ku Klux Klansmen and see how silly that logic is. We must not alienate Nazis or we will drive them into the arms of Hitler. We must not alienate Ku Klux Klansmen or we will make them racist.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 1 December 2015 5:26:51 PM
How has government "sucked up" to Muslims other than failing to name the problem squarely?

We have to appeal in a very public way to Islamic youth, some the progeny of generations of Australian Muslims, and directly to their sense of belonging.

Whilst it is not easy right now for youth across the cultures in Australia, the particular lot of minorities should be to addressed with empathy. They have to know they are part of us, and I haven't seen anything government is doing to address them directly on that front, at any level.

Muslims are central to our security at home. If we fail in encompassing and enlisting them we will never have security, even if they are rounded up, as some posters here allude to without coming outright and saying it. Where else do they think their views must lead?

We have to believe that the vast majority of Australian Muslims are not extreme in their views, as is the case with Christians. We must let Muslim youth know they are a valuable and wanted part of us.

Talk of religion in our DNA, as if there exists a biological predisposition towards enmity in us, is stupid fighting talk. You can hear the drums beating between the lines on this and other threads on OLO, and I would ask some to take a chill pill and seek positive solutions.
Posted by Luciferase, Tuesday, 1 December 2015 10:40:55 PM
Luciferase, you misunderstood my reference to DNA.
My reference is that not our actual DNA but a racial memory of the
Saracens, moslems or whatever prompted by the little history that we know.

I suggest you watch that link, then think again.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 1 December 2015 11:21:32 PM
Lucifer,

There are two approaches:

1. You say most Muslim’s are moderate and “We must let Muslim youth know they are a valuable and wanted part of us”. So then it is the “be nice and hope for the best” option. This is what the West has been doing and the results are there for all to see.
2. the other option is to be honest and tell them that their religions stinks and that it promotes hate, violence and discrimination. The obvious consequence of this is to call for a stop to all Muslim immigration. Other than Geert in Holland, no major politician has been doing this.

Our leaders are brainless and spineless. They will continue to pretend Islam is not THE problem and things will get worse. Note that saying nice things to Muslims, or “reaching out to them” as it is often called, will change nothing because this approach ignores the real problem. Option 1 is what we will see as policy, alienation, death and violence by Muslims will follow. It is hopeless.
Posted by kactuz, Tuesday, 1 December 2015 11:26:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy