The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Turnbull's response to domestic violence ignores the evidence > Comments

Turnbull's response to domestic violence ignores the evidence : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 6/10/2015

Turnbull was effectively toeing the line pushed by feminists that intimate partner violence is the result of society condoning aggressive behaviours perpetrated by men.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
I, like the overwhelming majority of men don't abuse women or children and while I understand why men behave in such a way actually violently assaulting or victimising a woman or child is not something I can relate to or even picture in my head.
That's not to say that I can't conceive of using violence in the pursuit of justice against men who are not like me and who do hurt others, I'd be prepared to handcuff serial wife beaters and child molesters to the bike rack outside the Town Hall and work them over with a Sjambok for five minutes and keep doing it until they learn to behave.
See that's the response from most normal men "Give us five minutes alone with the bastard and we'll sort him out", if you want real men to take responsibility then that's our solution.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 6 October 2015 9:46:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An excellent article.

Politicians and chatterers cannot change attitudes if, as this class of people claims, attitude or 'disrespect' is the problem. Given that Turnbull has claimed this Abbott feel-good non-policy as his own, it is he, Turnbull, who will be the laughing stock and failure. More waffle and huff and puff that won't work in an attempt to get the female vote, particularly from the shrewish Left, who's darling he is.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 October 2015 10:00:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
After the despicable act of treachury against Abbott, Turnbull jumps on a moral bandwagon even though Abbott had done all the work on this issue. It did not take the Australian of the year much time to joing the feminist dogma. One really wonders what her motivation is. Go figure. Sounds like another climate change being the biggest moral dilemma of the century as called by Rudd before ditching the policy. Meanwhile we will import tens of thousands that pay little to no respect to women.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 6 October 2015 10:08:56 AM
There are a couple of elephants in the room.

Firstly;

We found only one-third of published psychology research is reliable – now what?
https://theconversation.com/we-found-only-one-third-of-published-psychology-research-is-reliable-now-what-46596

Secondly;

Researcher Says Women's Initiation of Domestic Violence Predicts Risk to Women
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glenn-sacks/researcher-says-womens-in_b_222746.html?ir=Australia

Women emerge as aggressors in Alberta survey
67% of women questioned say they started severe conflicts
http://www.franks.org/fr01060.htm
Posted by Wolly B, Tuesday, 6 October 2015 10:49:15 AM
Did anyone really think Turnbull was any less a slut than those in the Labor party, who have been courting the up market feminists for a decade or two. He will prostitute himself, & us anywhere he can hope to buy a vote.

He is very well aware he is not a legitimate prime minister, merely a usurper, unless he is actually voted in by the people. His ego could not stand not being elected, & will do nothing but crawl to any group that might have a few votes for him. Just look at his response to the Parramatta Muslim terrorist shooting, if you doubt that.

We will get this disgusting damaging response to all things as long as there are enough clowns in our society who can not see through this slime ball.

He even has the same pasty faced slimy appearance of K Rudd. People took far too long to wake up to his incompetence, & appear to have learnt little or nothing from the experience.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 6 October 2015 12:08:15 PM
JOM:

“I, like the overwhelming majority of men don't abuse women or children and while I understand why men behave in such a way actually violently assaulting or victimising a woman or child is not something I can relate to or even picture in my head.”

I think every man who has resorted to domestic violence has had this same attitude about themselves. It is naive to assume that you will never commit domestic violence. If you have the attitude that violence is sometimes ok then you are much closer to domestic violence than someone who says it is never ok.

It is not ‘normal’ to ever inflict violence.
Posted by phanto, Tuesday, 6 October 2015 12:27:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy