The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bouncing back: topless girls remain face up on page three > Comments

Bouncing back: topless girls remain face up on page three : Comments

By Evelyn Tsitas, published 23/1/2015

Indeed, in a time when journalists are imprisoned, jailed or killed for reporting the truth, when cartoonists are gunned down to silence their critical pens, The Sun editors had a bigger dilemma on their hands than freedom of speech.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
Underlying this lemon-sucking article is the man-hating idea that there's something wrong about men being sexually attracted to women.

Grow up.

And, pray, what "coercing" was done to get women to pose topless? Gun at their head, I suppose?

If all the author can base her argument on is the assumption that selling pictures of topless women is "exploiting" them for "profit", then every other exchange of goods and services involving human beings must be bad for the same reason. The woman by posing is exploiting men for profit too, I suppose? Buying a meal at a restaurant means you're exploiting the cook for profit, buying a house means you're exploiting the the builder for profit, and so on.

Shades of dreary 1970s insipid marxoid feminist hate speech.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Friday, 23 January 2015 8:01:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes JKJ, feminists have dirty minds and heaven forbid that a for profit business venture should try to maximise it's income by catering to it's target demographic.
41% of The Sun's readers are women, does it occur to the author that maybe women also like to see attractive female models in their newspaper of choice and maybe like the men the female readers have a healthy, mature attitude toward sex and aren't instantly overcome with feelings of arousal when seeing a picture of a naked person?
And in any case, as my wife says "It doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you eat at home".
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 23 January 2015 8:44:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have no problems with pictures of healthy looking, attractive young women in photos being shown in the papers at all.

What I am wondering is if there is 41% female readership of this paper, why they don't at least alternate days with photos of healthy, attractive young men?
I am sure at least some of the 59% male readership would appreciate some good-looking male forms in the papers too!
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 23 January 2015 10:12:52 AM
Suse,
Go and look at The Sun's "Dear Deidre" section, there's loads of helpful advice for couples and plenty of pictures of scantily clad men and women.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 23 January 2015 10:30:06 AM
Come on Suse, there are thousands of photos of topless men in papers every day. How many do you need?

I always find this stuff totally disingenuous. Walk down any beach in warm weather, & you'll find thousands of ladies with their boobs out on display. No coercion required with the attractive ones, or indeed with many less so, they can't wait to get them out. Is it advertising, or just more comfortable that way?

I still remember the days of the beach inspector, fighting a loosing battle to keep the girls reasonable well covered & the beaches "decent for the little children", as if they cared. Remember the 2 inch rule for the side of bikini bottoms?

The feminists always promote page 3 type stuff as exploitation of the women, when it is infact just the opposite.

With the drug trade, it is those pushing the product for profit that are depicted as exploiters of the poor addicted.

Well in the sex/dolly bird trade, there are huge numbers of addicted. Who is being exploited when some top heavy bird, natural or man made, gets her boobs out for profit? It is the birds exploiting the men, rather than the other way around.

Just remember Evelyn, most of those page 3 girls have a short career, they can't convert their skills to lecturing, so stop being jealous.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 23 January 2015 10:47:21 AM
What's next? Whistling a dirty tune?

Rusty
Posted by Rusty Catheter, Friday, 23 January 2015 11:40:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy