The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > They are coming for you: ASIO, surveillance and Australia's new security laws > Comments

They are coming for you: ASIO, surveillance and Australia's new security laws : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 29/9/2014

Unfortunately, the insecurity fantasists, be they Attorney-General, Senator George Brandis, or Prime Minister Tony Abbott, are in charge. According to Brandis, we live in a 'newly dangerous age'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
the further a society goes from truth the more repulsive it becomes to it. Binoy and his abc luvvies are in denial at best.
Posted by runner, Monday, 29 September 2014 11:16:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

"Don't worry Binoy, the general public will know pretty soon, when ASIO come to get dissidents like you, & lock you up."

Lol!...in favour of Stasi-like measures are you?

(I'm sure the moderator doesn't approve of posters belligerently denigrating article contributors - what do you reckon, Hasbeen?)
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 29 September 2014 11:21:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Poirot, I'm one of those unfortunate people who can't see bull droppings. I see straight through it, & call it for what it is.

Perhaps that is why we disagree on most things.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 29 September 2014 11:48:33 AM
Hasbeen I think you are using the wrong protocol to communicate
anything to Poirot.

My goodness there is some rubbish being promulgated here !
If you want to hide don't stand in an open flat paddock.
Go into a thick forest where the wood cannot be seen for the trees.

It seems to me that most of those carrying on about big brother looking
for their xmas emails to granny just have no idea what they are waffling about.
These data bases are so huge that to find anything you have to know what you are looking for.

Even if you go looking for "bomb" you might well get 100,000s of hits.
I will bet quids that those who are complaining today will carry on about how incompetent
the security people are if a bomb went off on their train or plane.
"Look they missed the bomb !"
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 29 September 2014 2:58:32 PM
This important thread (after the first few comments) has been highjacked by a group of loonies who should be banned from OLO!

OLO has the potential to become a premier forum but, alas, all too often, the loonies rule!
Posted by David G, Monday, 29 September 2014 3:52:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DavidG, the stupid comments you often see are often from paid trolls who surf the net excreting dis-information and ad hominem. Best to ignore them.

I've heard this from two sources. Apparently Germany and France have boots on the ground in the Ukraine fighting the present Ukrainian Govt ie siding with the Russian rebels. Germany has 3000 businesses trading with Russia and Europe does not want to go to the economic toilet to save the USA. If this is true, NATO is finished and US hegemony is coming to an end.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 29 September 2014 4:06:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy