The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel Inflicts Illegal Collective Punishment on Gaza > Comments

Israel Inflicts Illegal Collective Punishment on Gaza : Comments

By Marjorie Cohn, published 17/7/2014

Headlines in the mainstream media falsely portray an equivalence of firepower between Israelis and Palestinians in Gaza. But Israel's use of force greatly exceeds that of the Palestinians.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. All
The blitz of Gaza. Hitler would be so proud.
Posted by mikk, Friday, 18 July 2014 6:57:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Those who are defending the actions of the
Israelis in Gaza must not listen to the
news, read newspapers, or know the facts
of what is really going on there.

That's one explanation than might justify
their posts. The other is a blind support
and justification of anything that Israel
does.

Israel does not have the right to act unilaterally,
it does not have the right to wreck havoc and destroy
the prospects for a peaceful solution. Israel has been
calling the shots since 1967, always without Palestinian
consultation, and clearly believes that the US and
their allies will support Israel no matter what it does.

We can only trust that eventually justice will prevail -
justice for all, including the Palestinians.

As Antony Loewenstein pointed out in his book, "My
Israel Question,"

"Neither side has a monopoly on suffering, but only one
party has the power to end the occupation and to recognise
that Israel and Palestine are historically destined to
share the same homeland."
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 18 July 2014 11:09:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Looks like the greater international crisis of the MH17 shootdown will allow Israel to finish its slaughter of Gazans with little press coverage or press interest.

Israel has form in this regard. When the Falklands War broke out in 1982 Israel used that high profile crisis as a diversion - allowing Israel to invade Lebanon later that year.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 18 July 2014 12:08:53 PM
Marjorie Cohn

By quoting the now discredited Goldstone report, you’ve shown your whole article to be a lie.

The ‘INFORMANTS’’ were ‘PAID’ to ‘TELL’ their lies.

NGOs vs. Goldstone: NGO Monitor Analysis, April 11, 2011
Goldstone’s Washington Post op-ed, retracting the substance of the UNHRC “Goldstone Report,” undermines the credibility of the NGOs that provided the false allegations. In response, NGOs and NGO officials have issued numerous statements distorting and rewriting Goldstone’s words, in an effort to preserve their credibility.

Wrong again Marjorie

Hamas admitted that Israel’s figures were correct for Operation Cast Lead and that mostly combatants were killed in Gaza.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1738/finally-a-hamas-leader-admits-that-israel-killed

Likewise figures ‘produced’ so far in this conflict are wrong. A report just released, reveals Israel has killed

“mainly combatant-age males, not women or children”:

“shows that, as in past hostilities, the fatalities are disproportionately [compared to the overall population] among young males, which corresponds with the characteristics of combatants. Males over 40 years old are also disproportionately represented. Some of the fatalities in those over 40 years of age likely represent senior members of terrorist organisations.”

This contradicts “media reports that tried to paint Israel’s Operation Protective Edge as indiscriminately killing civilians.”

http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/07/15/watchdog-al-jazeeras-gaza-fatalities-data-indicates-israel-killed-mostly-combatant-age-males-not-women-or-children/

Marjorie, in all honesty, tell me please if you would put up with rocket and mortar fire daily for six months without retaliating?

No you wouldn’t.

ISRAEL HAS !
………………and She waited six months to do so.

Have you been to Sderot? You know Sderot….”the Bomb Shelter Capital Of the World”

I have, let me tell you it wasn’t a pleasant experience.

As I got into the car at Sderot I heard.

“Take that seat belt off immediately.
A rocket attack gives you 15 seconds to reach a bomb shelter. That seat belt wastes valuable time”

The entire day I was making sure I knew where the nearest shelter was.

I don’t have the time to go through your entire post to show how wrong you are.

VERIFY YOUR FACTS BEFORE POSTING AN ARTICLE TO AVOID MAKING YOURSELF LOOK STUPID.
Posted by SF, Friday, 18 July 2014 12:24:29 PM
Apologies. I omitted this link in the post above

http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article/ngos_vs_goldstone_ngo_monitor_analysis

NGOs vs. Goldstone: NGO Monitor Analysis, April 11, 2011
Goldstone’s Washington Post op-ed, retracting the substance of the UNHRC “Goldstone Report,” undermines the credibility of the NGOs that provided the false allegations. In response, NGOs and NGO officials have issued numerous statements distorting and rewriting Goldstone’s words, in an effort to preserve their credibility.
Posted by SF, Friday, 18 July 2014 12:31:01 PM
@ Foxy
..by quoting Jewish Voices for Peace you lose any credibility you may have had. It’s a Leftist very anti-Israel group. Likewise quoting Antony Loewenstein
Posted by SF, Friday, 18 July 2014 12:32:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13