The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel Inflicts Illegal Collective Punishment on Gaza > Comments

Israel Inflicts Illegal Collective Punishment on Gaza : Comments

By Marjorie Cohn, published 17/7/2014

Headlines in the mainstream media falsely portray an equivalence of firepower between Israelis and Palestinians in Gaza. But Israel's use of force greatly exceeds that of the Palestinians.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
What are the real facts of this situation?

The media has deliberately misled public opinion in the past.

Many years ago, the evening news showed a young boy cowering with his father behind a barrel. Saying that they were being shot at by Israeli soldiers, the film goes to black and the voice over says that the child was killed.

Very emotive stuff, except that it had all been staged.

The next claim was of Israeli fighter jets were targeting ambulances, the film even showed a hole in the roof of the ambulance saying that this was one of the ambulances shot by a rocket. Apart from a hole in the roof, the ambulance was intact. Again highly emotive material.

Yet again the reader/listener is being led up the garden path. Hamas was using the ambulances to fire their own rockets into Israel.

So are we being tricked, lied to and deceived? All over again.
Posted by Wolly B, Thursday, 17 July 2014 9:36:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The following link may provide some answers:

http://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/content/Israeli-palestinian-conflict-101

How can this conflict be resolved when one side - Israel
wants it all their way and as long as the US and its
allies continue to support Israel - Israel can happily continue
to set the rules for the Palestinians - while the world
allows it. Telling us that Israel is defending its "security"
is like Mr Scott Morrison telling us the same about
our border "security."
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 17 July 2014 10:43:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come off it love.

You should be glad to see that those who choose to be the aggressor are getting their ass kicked.

This piece proves you are a frivolous twit, with no idea of justice. I wonder why, with your resume, I am not surprised.

Any thinking person should be disgusted when the powerful in a country chose to "waste" a few of it's citizens to promote their control.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 17 July 2014 10:50:39 AM
Dear Hasbeen,

The powerful in that area?

I assume that you're referring to Israel - because
they can no longer claim victim status - being the most
organised and militarily powerful, supported financially
by the West.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 17 July 2014 11:43:53 AM
Foxy my sweet, I think you'll find I said country.

It is highly unlikely that those rockets would be aimed at Israel, if they were running Gaza.

I can't imagine how Israel can be so restrained. If the Muslims ever win one of those wars, the ethnic cleansing they would undertake would be really epic.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 17 July 2014 11:56:21 AM
<<If the Muslims ever win one of those wars, the ethnic cleansing they would undertake would be really epic>>

Spot on Hasbeen. And Foxy and co would not raise a whimper.
Posted by SPQR, Thursday, 17 July 2014 12:23:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy